HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bud Holloway + Oscar Moller

Old
04-13-2013, 04:23 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Bud Holloway + Oscar Moller

Are they still Kings property? If so, what's their value?
They got great skills, but I don't think they fit in the current Sutter system...

Anyone know what the Kings organization has planned for them (if they're still property of the Kings that is)

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
CNS
A World Alone

We do still own both their rights. Moller would be welcomed back to the team, as he left on good terms, but Holloway never will be. Both would probably get mid to late round picks in return. I would love to have Holloway back but the fact that he signed in Sweden and didn't tell Dean really pissed him off so he lost his chance here.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
We do still own both their rights. Moller would be welcomed back to the team, as he left on good terms, but Holloway never will be. Both would probably get mid to late round picks in return. I would love to have Holloway back but the fact that he signed in Sweden and didn't tell Dean really pissed him off so he lost his chance here.
Lombardi is a professional. He might be mad that Holloway bolted to Sweden, but I doubt he'll lose a good player because of a personal grudge.

Norm MacDonald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
JJTT

Kings hold Möller's rights for 3 more seasons, Holloway is ufa this summer

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Kings hold Möller's rights for 3 more seasons, Holloway is ufa this summer
Anyone heard any indication what Holloway might do? Will he return to North America or re-sign in Skellefteå or other European League, maybe KHL?

I know Oscar personally and he always talked about NHL and lifiting the stanley cup as his biggest dream growing up..and yet he lives a nice life up in northern sweden with his fiancé, newborn child, and dog...I wonder when he'll be back in North America

Old
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Moller and Holloway are Kings property. The Kings organization has nothing planned for them. If someone wants to trade a pick for their rights, I doubt we would object. They are as good as gone, will not be playing for the Kings in the future unless they decide to come back overseas to play for Manchester, which isn't happening.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:21 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Moller and Holloway are Kings property. The Kings organization has nothing planned for them. If someone wants to trade a pick for their rights, I doubt we would object. They are as good as gone, will not be playing for the Kings in the future unless they decide to come back overseas to play for Manchester, which isn't happening.
Care to elaborate? Why is this seemingly impossible?

Old
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Kershaw

Rangers would be interested.

Both play on same team with their top F prospect, Oscar Lindberg.

I watched both play in SEL playoffs and Moller was playing with puck on stick everytime he was on the ice.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:33 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Moller to the Devils for 2014 fifth round pick?

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Care to elaborate? Why is this seemingly impossible?
I believe both left/asked to go play in Europe because they didn't want to play in the AHL/ thought they could play at a higher level.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:35 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Moller to the Devils for 2014 fifth round pick?
Think you have to pay a 2nd or 3rd round in 2013... just an educated guess from my part. Moller himself was a 2nd rounder back in 2007, so they would probably want that back, or maybe a 3rd, best case scenario for the buyer. He has developed quite a bit and is a top player in the SEL.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:24 PM
N o o d l e s

Hopefully Moller doesn't try to come over during a World Cup of something.

N o o d l e s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Moller plays on the same team as Oscar Lindberg. id like to see Moller in the NYR organization.. Moller to Rangers for Ryan Bourque and 3rd (FLA)?

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:06 AM
dahrougem2

I remember watching Moller when he was younger and thinking that he was a great player, then he kind of fell off the map but this thread brings back memories of how good he looked at the time, I'd love to see if he's developed over the years. Who knows, maybe he can come back to North America and be a top 6 forward

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:24 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

A 4th round pick and you get both. But I think those who are interested in Holloway will just wait until this summer when he's UFA and grab him for free. Möller is a nice player with a big heart but probably too small to be a solid NHLer, I think his value is quite low at the moment.

Neither have a future with the Kings so they'd probably be looking to trade them for whatever they can get. Holloway was close to being called up to the NHL a couple of seasons ago but after three solid years in the AHL/ECHL he refused to sign anything less than a 1-way contract. When the Kings didn't offer him one he signed in Europe instead and Lombardi seemed a bit ticked off about it. Möller left with the Kings blessing, he was a small player struggling to excel in the big, grinding style the Kings currently play. Unfortunately the Kings have been in this exact situation for a couple of years now and still haven't traded them, which leads me to believe they will lose them both for nothing.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:01 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
A 4th round pick and you get both. But I think those who are interested in Holloway will just wait until this summer when he's UFA and grab him for free. Möller is a nice player with a big heart but probably too small to be a solid NHLer, I think his value is quite low at the moment.

Neither have a future with the Kings so they'd probably be looking to trade them for whatever they can get. Holloway was close to being called up to the NHL a couple of seasons ago but after three solid years in the AHL/ECHL he refused to sign anything less than a 1-way contract. When the Kings didn't offer him one he signed in Europe instead and Lombardi seemed a bit ticked off about it. Möller left with the Kings blessing, he was a small player struggling to excel in the big, grinding style the Kings currently play. Unfortunately the Kings have been in this exact situation for a couple of years now and still haven't traded them, which leads me to believe they will lose them both for nothing.
Well after 3 years in the AHL you usually reward a player you believe in with a one-way contract so they get some real money, even if you don't intend to play him in the NHL for the majority of the contract.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
I know Oscar personally and he always talked about NHL and lifiting the stanley cup as his biggest dream growing up..and yet he lives a nice life up in northern sweden with his fiancé, newborn child, and dog...I wonder when he'll be back in North America
Honestly it's probably more a question of if than when at this point.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Moller

Board regulars will know it was only a matter of time before I showed up in this thread...

I've been wishing Moller onto the Ottawa roster since 2010 and there is no better time for it than right now with the youth movement in full swing. Alfredsson is at the end of an amazing career and we can open roster spots for both Moller and Holloway by removing Greening, Regin and Latendresse. Some may disagree with me on these guys, but I think they just don't fit in the organization.

-Latendresse looks like a 40 goal scorer with an anvil tied around his ankles.
-Greening looks like he belongs in another league many nights but has a few bright moments. Just too few and far between.
-Regin is done. Perennial AHL all-star if I ever saw one.

FORWARDS
Milan Michalek / Jason Spezza / Jakob Silfverberg
Cory Conacher / Kyle Turris / Erik Condra
Bud Holloway / Mika Zibanejad / Oscar Moller
Matt Kassian / Zack Smith / Chris Neil
Jim O'Brien

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Karlsson / Patrick Wiercioch
Marc Methot / Jared Cowen
Chris Phillips / Eric Gryba
Mark Borowiecki

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Are they still Kings property? If so, what's their value?
They got great skills, but I don't think they fit in the current Sutter system...

Anyone know what the Kings organization has planned for them (if they're still property of the Kings that is)
The Kings would probably be after 5th round picks...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Spinkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Board regulars will know it was only a matter of time before I showed up in this thread...

I've been wishing Moller onto the Ottawa roster since 2010 and there is no better time for it than right now with the youth movement in full swing. Alfredsson is at the end of an amazing career and we can open roster spots for both Moller and Holloway by removing Greening, Regin and Latendresse. Some may disagree with me on these guys, but I think they just don't fit in the organization.

-Greening looks like he belongs in another league many nights but has a few bright moments. Just too few and far between.

FORWARDS
Jim O'Brien

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Borowiecki

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner

I like this! I think Holloway would look good with Zibanejad.

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post

FORWARDS
Jim O'Brien

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Borowiecki

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner

So what is your offer for Moller and the rights to Bud? You can wait and sign Bud (or get in on the bidding) for nothing but Moller is a King for a couple of seasons.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

a 7th for either would get it done.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
a 7th for either would get it done.
I think it will take more.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Moller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
So what is your offer for Moller and the rights to Bud? You can wait and sign Bud (or get in on the bidding) for nothing but Moller is a King for a couple of seasons.
Any prospect needs? We have quite a few good prospects in the system. Most agree the cost to make this happen wouldn't be high but I'd be willing to part with more than just a low pick or two.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:49 PM
zeus3007*

Omark for Holloway?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote