HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lens Flare-free OT thread.

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Digable5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Chuggington over Thomas?

I'm currently listening to George Carlin narrate a Thomas story. Beat THAT, Chuggalos.
As much as I love that two of my favorite people in Carlin and Ringo were Mr. Conductor, I am very glad my girls never liked Thomas. I used to watch it with my nephew years ago and it is sleep inducing.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
aceface33

I always thought there were an amazing number of accidents and crackups on Thomas's railway. They average about one train derailment a day. In real life Sir Thopam hat would be sued and facing a congressional oversight committee.

More fun facts: on the original British version, Sir Thopam Hat's name is "the fat controller." No joke.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Screw children's TV. Time for a more adult conversation...Game of Thrones tonight

Old
04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Wildfan10*

Didn't know where to post this but i hope you guys win the draft lottery with our pick. Our team is ****ing pathetic and choked once again. Good luck to you guys.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Myllz
#justbogothings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfan10 View Post
Didn't know where to post this but i hope you guys win the draft lottery with our pick. Our team is ****ing pathetic and choked once again. Good luck to you guys.
Me too.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Screw children's TV. Time for a more adult conversation...Game of Thrones tonight
I totally forgot to watch last week's on my DVR so I'm watching it now so I can watch this week's after.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
As much as I love that two of my favorite people in Carlin and Ringo were Mr. Conductor, I am very glad my girls never liked Thomas. I used to watch it with my nephew years ago and it is sleep inducing.
My son actually doesn't watch Thomas as much as he used to. He's still obsessed with playing with train sets, though. Within 30 minutes, my apartment looked like the island of Sodor once again

Old
04-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Old Navy Goat

Sitting at the marina waiting for my current lady to show up so we can set sail for Panama. Rented a yacht for the trip to see how she can handle 5 days cooped up together, before we head to Costa Rica for some relaxation until we fly back to LA.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:23 AM
sabregoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I went into the new Orchard Fresh grocery store in Orchard Park yesterday and in the beer section is a new "Gane of Thrones" beer with a picture of the throne on it. It is a blond ale but I cound not get it home in time for it to get cold enough to drink during the show so it will be ready when I re-watch the episode.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Plans afoot to sell the Chateau d'Shot are moving forward. Looking to have it on the market in June.

04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Plans afoot to sell the Chateau d'Shot are moving forward. Looking to have it on the market in June.
Where we going? Florida? Some place with a dry lawn?

Old
04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Where we going? Florida? Some place with a dry lawn?

Probably someplace with no lawn for the moment. Staying local for now.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Myllz
#justbogothings

Quote:
Probably someplace with no lawn for the moment. Staying local for now.
Las Vegas?

Old
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Las Vegas?
Rental. This house has been a money-pit for years and we need to get out. The kids are of an age where they are still adaptable enough (and also enthusiastic enough) for this sort of transition. My wife's business is mostly virtual -- telephone and computer-base -- and I can work from just about anywhere with an ISP.

We don't want to jump into a contigency situation either. There is no need.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
aceface33

Dunno if you guys go into the ticket thread but I'm looking to unload my tickets for tonight's game somehow someway. $20 gets the pair (300 level). PM me if you are interested.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:09 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Rental. This house has been a money-pit for years and we need to get out. The kids are of an age where they are still adaptable enough (and also enthusiastic enough) for this sort of transition. My wife's business is mostly virtual -- telephone and computer-base -- and I can work from just about anywhere with an ISP.

We don't want to jump into a contigency situation either. There is no need.
You could go for a floor in one of those two family homes in North Buffalo in the Hertel area. Rented an upstairs in one of those houses for 3 years (my second kid was actually born there) and loved the area.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Clock

Facebook really needs to bring back the old photos functionality, where you'd click on "Photos" and it would show you recent photo uploads for friends. That used to be my biggest use for Facebook.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
You could go for a floor in one of those two family homes in North Buffalo in the Hertel area. Rented an upstairs in one of those houses for 3 years (my second kid was actually born there) and loved the area.
That area is great. I'm actually considering selling my house in NF, buying an upper/lower down there, and just living in one of the apartments for a while until I need something larger again. It feels pointless to have an acre of property and 1400 square foot house by myself.

Biggest hangup would be the commute to Lockport. Right now it's 20 minutes, which isn't bad, but from North Buffalo that gets a decent amount longer.

Then again, I work with a couple guys who live in Rochester/Brockport and commute over an hour each way, so maybe I should be happy. :p

Old
04-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
We are looking village Ace. East Aurora is possible. Williamsville too. Not putting the kids into city schools.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Myllz
#justbogothings

Quote:
We are looking village Ace. East Aurora is possible. Williamsville too. Not putting the kids into city schools.
Village of Hamburg FTW. I'd probably put Williamsville/Amherst as my second choice behind Hamburg.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
aceface33

Quote:
I hear you on the school issue...the village I live in now has crappy schools (ranked something like 383rd out of ~415 upstate school districts in test scores) so I'm sending my kids to Catholic school. They get a great education but it's certainly a drain on the finances.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
I hear you on the school issue...the village I live in now has crappy schools (ranked something like 383rd out of ~415 upstate school districts in test scores) so I'm sending my kids to Catholic school. They get a great education but it's certainly a drain on the finances.
Love it when kid's educations are considered.

One of the reasons we moved to East Amherst (Clarence school district) was because of our kids' educations. Great school system.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Village of Hamburg FTW. I'd probably put Williamsville/Amherst as my second choice behind Hamburg.
Not on the wife's list. It's on mine. Not hers.

Quote:
Also thought about that. Can't afford it -- we both wanted to go private schooling prior to them being born. Things... happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Love it when kid's educations are considered.

One of the reasons we moved to East Amherst (Clarence school district) was because of our kids' educations. Great school system.
It's always a consideration for me. Part of the move timing is based on the conclusion of the school year -- I had the experience of moving in the midst of an elementary school year and it left me unwilling to do the same to my kids. Williamsville and E. Aurora have decent elementary schools. It's a big consideration.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
Regarding your avatar: We just watched Wreck It Ralph this weekend and I LOVED IT. Maybe too much. What a fun, creative movie.

Also, I'm excited about dinner tonight. It's a crock pot recipe which includes grilled chicken, potatoes, peppers, onions, cheese, bacon and Bass Ale. Clock more than approves of all the ingredients!

Old
04-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
ingredients
Ingredients.

Closed Thread