HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who will make the cut?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Who will make the cut?

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=26877

Old
09-25-2003, 06:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
No way does Hall end up on the 4th line, we aren't that talented. I still see Hall and Hartnell together, their played too well together last year to change.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:29 AM
HyperSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I think the author has the defense pretty well covered in that:
Timonen, York, Eaton, Kloucek, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Schnabel will probably be the 7 kept. This goes into the "We're going to give our youth a chance" mentality that Poile has been pushing. Allison, would be the odd man out if he is not used as a filler on offense. I think Hutch and Murphy are headed down.

What confuses, or bugs me is his coverage of the forwards...I wonder if he has inside info on his lines or is he guessing. If the scenario in this article is true, then it appears that that the final two spots come down to Erat vs. Upshall for a 3rd line wing position and Tootoo vs. Hall for a 4th line wing position.

With the statement: "Trotz stresses that starting in Milwaukee of the American Hockey League doesn’t mean a player will stay there. He also admits that making the final few cuts will be difficult." i wonder if he is setting us up for Upshall and Hall going to Milwaukee?

Either way, I don't see any of those four being kept up and routinely scratched for the purposes of depth.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:33 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
No way does Hall end up on the 4th line, we aren't that talented. I still see Hall and Hartnell together, their played too well together last year to change.
If Hall is a 4th liner, I'll eat my hat. We aren't the Ottawa Senators here.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSniper
I think the author has the defense pretty well covered in that:
Timonen, York, Eaton, Kloucek, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Schnabel will probably be the 7 kept. This goes into the "We're going to give our youth a chance" mentality that Poile has been pushing. Allison, would be the odd man out if he is not used as a filler on offense. I think Hutch and Murphy are headed down.

What confuses, or bugs me is his coverage of the forwards...I wonder if he has inside info on his lines or is he guessing. If the scenario in this article is true, then it appears that that the final two spots come down to Erat vs. Upshall for a 3rd line wing position and Tootoo vs. Hall for a 4th line wing position.

With the statement: "Trotz stresses that starting in Milwaukee of the American Hockey League doesn’t mean a player will stay there. He also admits that making the final few cuts will be difficult." i wonder if he is setting us up for Upshall and Hall going to Milwaukee?

Either way, I don't see any of those four being kept up and routinely scratched for the purposes of depth.
I can promise you that statement about staying in the NHL wasn't made about Hall. Hall is the hardest worker on our team, period. We don't have to worry about him pulling an Erat and getting lazy on us, I'd worry more about Arhipov than I would Adam Hall.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:22 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I can promise you that statement about staying in the NHL wasn't made about Hall. Hall is the hardest worker on our team, period. We don't have to worry about him pulling an Erat and getting lazy on us, I'd worry more about Arhipov than I would Adam Hall.

Agreed. I know you are the biggest Hall supporter in America Trigg and he probably deserves it. There is little chance of him going back down. Arkhi is up for good as well because I think he is waiver wire fodder but I could be wrong. If Arkhi doesn't perform, he's going to be traded. If Hall doesn't perform, I would stick with him because he can do so much more. If he doesn't perform, I start asking questions about that skating school.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:35 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed. I know you are the biggest Hall supporter in America Trigg and he probably deserves it. There is little chance of him going back down. Arkhi is up for good as well because I think he is waiver wire fodder but I could be wrong. If Arkhi doesn't perform, he's going to be traded. If Hall doesn't perform, I would stick with him because he can do so much more. If he doesn't perform, I start asking questions about that skating school.
I like all players that work hard, and numerous articles last year praised Halls work ethic, you know all the cliches, "first at practice, last to leave", just doesn't sound like someone that will take being in the NHL for granted. You're right I may be a little biased but I'm not unreal. I think Hall has a shot at 20 goals this season maybe 20 assist, he can score but he has to have a playmaker on his line. I really wouldn't mind seeing him with Erat or Upshall some.

Closed Thread