HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 09:22 AM
  #876
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
People who have anger management issues should avoid this thread at all cost.

DenverHabsFan is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 09:45 AM
  #877
Adriatic
Registered User
 
Adriatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
wtf "rough season"?? He's had a great season!! Its the recent stretch of games that's been bad...

way to let 6 games over shadow 40.
Seriously wtf are you smoking? This is not a great season. Please invest in something like Center Ice and watch other goalies play. Games like last night are not special, that's what a 6 million dollar goalie has to do every night. He was solid and made a few key saves, he did not steal that game. If Carey had been just average in the last 10 games, we'd already have clinched 1st in division about a week ago. If you think this was a great season for Carey, then you have to say that about 26 other goalies have had great seasons this year too I guess!!

Adriatic is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  #878
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
So trophies/awards given to a player based on votes > trophies based on statistical fact. I get it now popularity > evidence.

Again good job picking out a typo.
It wasn't a typo, you weren't off by a letter, you were off by a word and the word u claimed was a typo just so happens to be another trophy, I get it, you forgot a word and switched the spelling of another, fine, I don't believe you, but I don't care either.

The point of my post was how you criticized someone for not knowing anything because they disagreed with you and then went on to attempt to display your superior knowledge by not even knowing the individual awards given out each and every year.

Next time you question someone else's intelligence or their Hockey IQ maybe you'll do a bit of research before you put your foot in your mouth. Maybe you won't. I'm only trying to help

habsfanatics is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
  #879
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
It wasn't a typo, you weren't off by a letter, you were off by a word and the word u claimed was a typo just so happens to be another trophy, I get it, you forgot a word and switched the spelling of another, fine, I don't believe you, but I don't care either.

The point of my post was how you criticized someone for not knowing anything because they disagreed with you and then went on to attempt to display your superior knowledge by not even knowing the individual awards given out each and every year.

Next time you question someone else's intelligence or their Hockey IQ maybe you'll do a bit of research before you put your foot in your mouth. Maybe you won't. I'm only trying to help
Ya because Hart and Art are 40 letters different. I laugh.

The fact that some of the people here neglect defence is laughable.

compile is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
  #880
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,387
vCash: 500
From Friedman's 30 thoughts.

Quote:
17. A couple of years ago, when Carey Price was going through a bad stretch, Canadiens goalie coach Pierre Groulx said one of the first things they tried to fix was Price's "lean." When he is too far back on his skates, Price struggles. Just something to keep an eye on.

18. There was some criticism for not pulling Price last Saturday against Washington, three days after Peter Budaj was yanked (and Price inserted) in Pittsburgh. I disagree with that. It is critical for Price to work. There aren't enough off-days, so he needs to "practice" in games. No point in resting him now.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
  #881
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Overpayment
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Ya because Hart and Art are 40 letters different. I laugh.

The fact that some of the people here neglect defence is laughable.
I think MSL will win the Art trophy, for the leagues best art.

Frank Drebin is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:16 PM
  #882
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Ya because Hart and Art are 40 letters different. I laugh.

The fact that some of the people here neglect defence is laughable.
No one neglects defense, many over value it though.

Either way, I'm done with your hart trophy blip. I laugh, there is no ART trophy, no one calls it an ART trophy.

It's irrelevant. Your smug attitude was the only thing I was pointing out.

habsfanatics is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
  #883
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan
 
Habs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Not jumping in the argument but there's the art Ross trophy which is purely statistical (points) don't know if that was covered. However I don't believe he was saying art Ross because I've never heard anyone call it the ART... Sounds too much like hart.

This is all
From a neutral perspective so please don't hate on me

Habs88 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
  #884
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
When writing stuff like this, you dont sound any better than him/her.

Just sayin'.
Price is still VERY young and his potential is yet untapped - his "career projection" is beyond reproach because of that. I'm not saying he's the next Roy, he clearly isn't, but he's defintely a top goalie in the league by the sheer fact that EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE THINKS SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It goes both ways. We have people calling his performances "great". As I said there are 2 extremes when we discuss price. Extremely delusionally negative and extremely delusionally positive. Rarely is there any middle ground.
Shame that Habs fans can't be critical without being off-the-wall insane.

Price's contract is paying for potential rather than his play.
Price had a sub-par season - but until recently that was okay because we were winning and had an aggressive season.
Price is unproven in the playoffs.

Nothing wrong with those statements, they're perfectly true.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 04:32 PM
  #885
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Not jumping in the argument but there's the art Ross trophy which is purely statistical (points) don't know if that was covered. However I don't believe he was saying art Ross because I've never heard anyone call it the ART... Sounds too much like hart.

This is all
From a neutral perspective so please don't hate on me
It's funny that he's nit picking on the fact that I didn't include Ross in the sentence.

compile is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 06:03 PM
  #886
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,632
vCash: 500
I tell you what Price Haters .... When one of you actually gets One Stanley cup ring i'll value your "opinion".
Until then, I'm sticking to the opinion this guy has, since he may have a tiny weeny bit more knowledge then all of you put together.

You know... This guy?


Halak is having a good year, but Price will be the far better goalie. You can see the flash of greatness there. He just needs to get his head screwed on straight. Trading Price would be a disaster for The Habs. Scotty Bowman

Conversation over.

nyhabsfan is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 07:18 PM
  #887
HeShootsHeScores
Registered User
 
HeShootsHeScores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Lol those videos are always funny, even though we might not play them.


HeShootsHeScores is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
  #888
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
It's funny that he's nit picking on the fact that I didn't include Ross in the sentence.
And referred, somewhat ironically but definitely amusingly, to another existing award that is NOT 100% chosen statistically. But whatever. Obviously enough laughs were had, and we can move on.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 08:22 PM
  #889
Originalsix
Registered User
 
Originalsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Carey Price is the man, our D needs to step up.


Courtesy of ******;


Originalsix is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 08:48 PM
  #890
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 4,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Lol those videos are always funny, even though we might not play them.


Lol hard IRL

Bieber fever is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
  #891
Chili
Registered User
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: la Belle Province
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,952
vCash: 500
Fair or not, goaltenders are judged on the playoffs.

Price will have the opportunity here to leave a positive impression on the season.

He doesn't have to be all world, just keep the team in games.

He pretty much did that two years ago against Boston.

I don't think the Habs are ready yet to make a long playoff run but who knows who will raise their game next week. It's alot about matchups too, we'll see who they play. If it's TO, don't think they will be able to be as physical as the regular season, teams just can't afford the penalties. I'm not a fan of the Habs blueline irregardless of who they play, which makes it tougher to evaluate Price.

Chili is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 11:16 AM
  #892
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And referred, somewhat ironically but definitely amusingly, to another existing award that is NOT 100% chosen statistically. But whatever. Obviously enough laughs were had, and we can move on.
Hart is voted on. Art Ross is award to the player with the most points. How is it not awarded based on stats alone?

compile is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM
  #893
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Hart is voted on. Art Ross is award to the player with the most points. How is it not awarded based on stats alone?
Let it go dude.

habsfanatics is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 11:43 AM
  #894
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Fair or not, goaltenders are judged on the playoffs.

Price will have the opportunity here to leave a positive impression on the season.

He doesn't have to be all world, just keep the team in games.

He pretty much did that two years ago against Boston.

I don't think the Habs are ready yet to make a long playoff run but who knows who will raise their game next week. It's alot about matchups too, we'll see who they play. If it's TO, don't think they will be able to be as physical as the regular season, teams just can't afford the penalties. I'm not a fan of the Habs blueline irregardless of who they play, which makes it tougher to evaluate Price.
When has Price left a impression in any playoff series?!? WTF

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:02 PM
  #895
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
When has Price left a impression in any playoff series?!? WTF
against Boston.
But then again we lost, so his play must of been craptastic.

uiCk is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 02:16 PM
  #896
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Price is still VERY young and his potential is yet untapped - his "career projection" is beyond reproach because of that. I'm not saying he's the next Roy, he clearly isn't, but he's defintely a top goalie in the league by the sheer fact that EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE THINKS SO.



Shame that Habs fans can't be critical without being off-the-wall insane.

Price's contract is paying for potential rather than his play.
Price had a sub-par season - but until recently that was okay because we were winning and had an aggressive season.
Price is unproven in the playoffs.

Nothing wrong with those statements, they're perfectly true.
You know there was a time where EVERYBODY in the world thought earth was flat right ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
  #897
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
You know there was a time where EVERYBODY in the world thought earth was flat right ?
Do you expect to be taken seriously if you nitpick and respond with absurdities? You're not enabling dialogue here, you're just coming across as silly - not even pedantic, just plain silly.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:48 PM
  #898
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 20,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Hart is voted on. Art Ross is award to the player with the most points. How is it not awarded based on stats alone?
Because obviously a vote is necessary, lol?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM
  #899
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Because obviously a vote is necessary, lol?
Are you arguing that the Art Ross is voted on? Because it isn't.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  #900
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
James Reimer? Bring it.
\

Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.