HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kessel or Eriksson

View Poll Results: Kessel or Eriksson
Kessel 70 37.63%
Eriksson 65 34.95%
Leafs fan saying Kessel 45 24.19%
Stars fan saying Eriksson 6 3.23%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
  #51
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
No you didn't you voted Eriksson because your assuming hes going to lose this poll, Obviously anyone voting with fan option would also rather Kessel regardless of the team, there just not trying skew the results.
No actually i did vote the way i described but i thank you for trying to tell me what i was thinking.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
  #52
John Stamos
nomnomnom
 
John Stamos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Somalia
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
Leaf fan saying Kessel because it states right now.... 2 years ago I would have voted Eriksson though tbh

John Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:04 PM
  #53
conrad420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
No actually i did vote the way i described but i thank you for trying to tell me what i was thinking.
No you didn't because what you described doesn't make sense. Fans like you are the reason the voting as a fan option is even used in the first place. Creative excuse though, I'll give you that.

conrad420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
  #54
kingdok
Registered User
 
kingdok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
No you didn't because what you described doesn't make sense. Fans like you are the reason the voting as a fan option is even used in the first place. Creative excuse though, I'll give you that.
At least he's giving a reason, unlike the 4-5 leafs fans who didn't but voted for leafs straight up. Now, go after them with your righteous policing.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
  #55
hairylikebear
RIP HFStars
 
hairylikebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
I count 9 Leafs fans voting Kessel straight up vs. 2 Stars fans voting Eriksson straight up.

Gonna have to go with the "some Leafs fans are obnoxious" option.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:36 PM
  #56
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
No actually i did vote the way i described but i thank you for trying to tell me what i was thinking.
The way you described doesn't make any sense. You can't say "I'd take Eriksson even if I wasn't a Stars fan"... the entire point is that fans of teams often have trouble ignoring personal bias' towards their players so they feel they're better than they actually are.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
  #57
hairylikebear
RIP HFStars
 
hairylikebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
The way you described doesn't make any sense. You can't say "I'd take Eriksson even if I wasn't a Stars fan"... the entire point is that fans of teams often have trouble ignoring personal bias' towards their players so they feel they're better than they actually are.
Let's just say he voted that way to try to even out the Leafs fans doing the same and be done with it.

I actually regret voting properly now.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  #58
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,430
vCash: 500
Kessel, better shot, and better playmaker, more of a game breaker

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:15 PM
  #59
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
The way you described doesn't make any sense. You can't say "I'd take Eriksson even if I wasn't a Stars fan"... the entire point is that fans of teams often have trouble ignoring personal bias' towards their players so they feel they're better than they actually are.
There is no personal bias just because Eriksson in on Dallas. Kessel does what exactly? Scores goals? Eriksson does that and much more. Soooooooooo even if i was not a Dallas fan i would still choose Eriksson.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
  #60
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
There is no personal bias just because Eriksson in on Dallas. Kessel does what exactly? Scores goals? Eriksson does that and much more. Soooooooooo even if i was not a Dallas fan i would still choose Eriksson.
You're missing the point... you see Eriksson differently because you have a personal attachment to the team and have no attachment at all to the Leafs. You can claim all you want there is no bias and you're being objective but that's not the point. It's impossible to know... doesn't even have to be Eriksson himself, it could be the lack of you seeing Kessel. Seeing as you seem to think Kessel only scores goals I'd say that's a likely situation. Either way you can't do that... I like to think I'm pretty objective at judging players but I still voted Kessel as a Leafs fan because that is it.. I'm not voting for him just because I'm a leafs fan and I believe I would still think that if he wasn't a leaf... doesn't mean I can just assume that though.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:25 PM
  #61
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Let's just say he voted that way to try to even out the Leafs fans doing the same and be done with it.

I actually regret voting properly now.
Well you can't say that because that's not true. I also have no idea who is a fan of what team and how accurate that is.. I'm strictly going off of what he said.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
  #62
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
You're missing the point... you see Eriksson differently because you have a personal attachment to the team and have no attachment at all to the Leafs. You can claim all you want there is no bias and you're being objective but that's not the point. It's impossible to know... doesn't even have to be Eriksson himself, it could be the lack of you seeing Kessel. Seeing as you seem to think Kessel only scores goals I'd say that's a likely situation. Either way you can't do that... I like to think I'm pretty objective at judging players but I still voted Kessel as a Leafs fan because that is it.. I'm not voting for him just because I'm a leafs fan and I believe I would still think that if he wasn't a leaf... doesn't mean I can just assume that though.
So we are supposed to think you are objective but yet you chose "Leafs fan saying Kessel"? How do we know you are just not a homer? We don't so therefor don't assume i don't follow the Leafs or know anything about Kessel.

Ok so do you wanna know my timeline, cities i have lived in and the teams i have supported or currently support?

Ok lets go:

NYC - NY Rangers, Yankees
Buffalo - None
Toronto - Leafs
Los Angeles - Kings, Lakers
Manchester, England - Manchester United
Dallas - Stars

So to just assume i do not follow the Leafs is just that...an assumption! You know what they say about assumptions don't ya? Well i will let you google it to find out the meaning.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:20 PM
  #63
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
I voted for the plain Eriksson reason because as i stated before and im assuming the others did also...i would rather have Eriksson regardless if i was a Stars fan.
Uh, okay, that still doesn't change the fact that you're a Stars fan.

I'm a Leafs fan, and if I wasn't I'd still have voted for Kessel. That doesn't change the fact that I am a Leafs fan, and have to vote as such. You (and others) voting as if you're not a Stars (or Leafs) fan skews the results of the poll.


Last edited by 91Kadri91: 04-17-2013 at 07:28 PM.
91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:21 PM
  #64
BayStreetBullies*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
I count 9 Leafs fans voting Kessel straight up vs. 2 Stars fans voting Eriksson straight up.

Gonna have to go with the "some Leafs fans are obnoxious" option.
Fans of either team voting for their respective players? Shocking!

And I count 37 Stars fans voting for Eriksson, but refusing to choose option 4. I'll have to go with "Stars fans are full of ****" option.

BayStreetBullies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
  #65
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
So we are supposed to think you are objective but yet you chose "Leafs fan saying Kessel"? How do we know you are just not a homer? We don't so therefor don't assume i don't follow the Leafs or know anything about Kessel.

Ok so do you wanna know my timeline, cities i have lived in and the teams i have supported or currently support?

Ok lets go:

NYC - NY Rangers, Yankees
Buffalo - None
Toronto - Leafs
Los Angeles - Kings, Lakers
Manchester, England - Manchester United
Dallas - Stars

So to just assume i do not follow the Leafs is just that...an assumption! You know what they say about assumptions don't ya? Well i will let you google it to find out the meaning.
You can't be serious.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  #66
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
I'm going to go with Loui Eriksson.

The defence isn't really close. It's Eriksson's bread and butter. Kessel is a poor defensive player. He's improved, though. Last year he was one of the worst in the league, now he's just poor.

The offence is close. Kessel is more flashy, gets shown more on TSN and CBC and gets watched more than Eriksson, so I can see why some might think it's 'Kessel AINEC' for this. Going into this season, Eriksson has had three straight 70 point seasons and a 63 point season the year before.

I pick Eriksson because he's more well-rounded and is a great offensive player as well.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
  #67
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
So we are supposed to think you are objective but yet you chose "Leafs fan saying Kessel"? How do we know you are just not a homer? We don't so therefor don't assume i don't follow the Leafs or know anything about Kessel.

Ok so do you wanna know my timeline, cities i have lived in and the teams i have supported or currently support?

Ok lets go:

NYC - NY Rangers, Yankees
Buffalo - None
Toronto - Leafs
Los Angeles - Kings, Lakers
Manchester, England - Manchester United
Dallas - Stars

So to just assume i do not follow the Leafs is just that...an assumption! You know what they say about assumptions don't ya? Well i will let you google it to find out the meaning.
Lol bandwagon.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
  #68
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
I voted for the plain Eriksson reason because as i stated before and im assuming the others did also...i would rather have Eriksson regardless if i was a Stars fan.
Well that's a bit disingenuous

You don't get to just step around your bias.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:30 PM
  #69
GenericFan2*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 500
Leafs fan saying Kessel here, big surprise Seriously, though, Kessel is just on another level IMO.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:41 PM
  #70
conrad420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
At least he's giving a reason, unlike the 4-5 leafs fans who didn't but voted for leafs straight up. Now, go after them with your righteous policing.
At least they are not trying to hide the fact that they are homer voting, making up excuses and trying to deny just makes it look worse.

conrad420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:56 PM
  #71
hairylikebear
RIP HFStars
 
hairylikebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post
Fans of either team voting for their respective players? Shocking!

And I count 37 Stars fans voting for Eriksson, but refusing to choose option 4. I'll have to go with "Stars fans are full of ****" option.
lol there aren't even that many Stars fans on this forum

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:59 PM
  #72
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,998
vCash: 500
Kessel..

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:17 AM
  #73
MastuhNinks
Registered User
 
MastuhNinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Iron Throne
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
I'm going to go with Loui Eriksson.

The defence isn't really close. It's Eriksson's bread and butter. Kessel is a poor defensive player. He's improved, though. Last year he was one of the worst in the league, now he's just poor.

The offence is close. Kessel is more flashy, gets shown more on TSN and CBC and gets watched more than Eriksson, so I can see why some might think it's 'Kessel AINEC' for this. Going into this season, Eriksson has had three straight 70 point seasons and a 63 point season the year before.

I pick Eriksson because he's more well-rounded and is a great offensive player as well.
Offense isn't close, and it has nothing to do with who is shown more on TSN or CBC so please don't use that tired argument. Over the course of this season and last season Kessel has 28 more points than Eriksson, with a difference of 0.22 points per game. That's a difference of 18 points over the course of a full season, it's the difference between scoring with the likes of Giroux, Datsyuk and Tavares, and scoring with the likes of Wheeler, Purcell and Stewart (using points per game this season for comparisons).

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:13 AM
  #74
zeke
#freewilly
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 30,642
vCash: 500
let's take random player with decent offense and a good defensive rep and try to bring down an elite scoring leaf with a comparison!

great poll.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:42 AM
  #75
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Offense isn't close, and it has nothing to do with who is shown more on TSN or CBC so please don't use that tired argument. Over the course of this season and last season Kessel has 28 more points than Eriksson, with a difference of 0.22 points per game. That's a difference of 18 points over the course of a full season, it's the difference between scoring with the likes of Giroux, Datsyuk and Tavares, and scoring with the likes of Wheeler, Purcell and Stewart (using points per game this season for comparisons).
...also keep in mind that people ignore the fact that "leafs exposure" on the various networks also includes idiot "leafs criticism". ppl complain about how much time is spent talking about the leafs and ignore the fact much of the "talking" is whining"

re kessel vs eriksson. i'm sorry, but it's Phil the Thrill..and it's not close (and before the whiners say i'm from Toronto, the Hawks are my main team).

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.