HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bozak commanding over 5 million

Old
04-18-2013, 04:25 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
You can't get a bag of pucks for 3 million a year on a short term in free agency
You're probably right about that but technically Bozak is not a free agent, he's still Maple Leafs property and a 3 year deal worth $3mill annually to keep him around is more than fair. If he makes it to free agency then its clear he wants to cash in and if that happens to be the case then I sure hope he cashes in anywhere but Toronto.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 04:29 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

What also gets to me is all this 2nd and 3rd line talk. We haven't seen Bozak play anywhere but the 1st line, riding the coattails of his elite wingers. What makes everyone so sure he could perform well with lesser linemates on the 2nd line? Personally, I don't think he can. He can play the 3rd line because he wouldn't be counted on to accumulate points from that position but I'm not sold on him being an effective defensive center either.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
LEAFSIN4

If you wanna pay more than 3 - 3.5 million for him you're making a mistake.

He kills momentum in the offensive zone and is a product of Kessel. His defence is good, and he'd be a perfect 4th line C on a contending team at 2.5 million but the market will give him more. I just hope it's not the Leafs.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
say good bye to kessel to
Id consider if they take you too.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
$4.75m/yr for seven years is fair for both parties IMO.

If Nazem Kadri is eventually able to slot onto the top line and take over Bozak's duties, $4.75m/yr for Bozak to play on the second or third line really isn't all that bad.
I cant see the Leafs going 7 years on a guy like Bozak. You cant be giving 7 year contracts to guys that arent foundations on your team. The contracts will catch up to you way to fast.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:10 AM
blueNwhite89

Maybe Dreger is trying to scare off any potential suitors so the Leafs can lock him up at a reasonable price

well, one can hope

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Taras

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
You seem to be bringing up a lot of bits of data as to why Bozak isn't worth $5m... but none actually relative to what gives players worth.

Player's get their worth from being the best available option to a team at that price. Until you suggest an alternative that is better than the Leafs paying Bozak $5m, he's worth $5m. Keeping Grabovski at $5.5m is certainly not a better alternative.

BTW, he plays #1 minutes because he's Toronto's #1 centre. He's Toronto's #1 centre because he's the best guy to have on our top line, and our best faceoff guy.
Dude you better get off what ever you are on... Or give me some of that to get to your level.

Bozak is worth 3m, I would not give him a penny over 3.5m/year, if he asked for 3500001, I would tell him to go **** himself.

Watch a couple games sober then tell me the reason for him missing 1/2 the empty netters that Kessel is giving him...

I would play him on 3C with the defensive unit...
Play kadri (the ONLY playmaking centre we have) between the 2 of 3 best wingers we have( kessel, jvr, Lupes[love the guy]).

Everyone is hating on grabo this season because of his poor numbers? He plays a defensive roll with the leafs! Shhhhhuuuttt doooowwwnnn role. He doesing get much opportunity on offense...
Remember two years ago when him Mac and kulie ( also would never trade) were our first line? He makes players around him better!

GET OFF GRABO's BACK, and STOP MAKING BOZAK THE NEXT COMING OF TOEWS.

Taras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Africa.

Holy crap there is no way Tyler freaking Bozak is worth 5 millions. What the hell did we just have a lockout for?!

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 01:37 AM
scooter87

If he makes anything above 3.5mil in Toronto then Nonis would have just ****ed the Org big time

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-20-2013 at 01:35 AM.
scooter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:03 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras View Post
Dude you better get off what ever you are on... Or give me some of that to get to your level.

Bozak is worth 3m, I would not give him a penny over 3.5m/year, if he asked for 3500001, I would tell him to go **** himself.

Watch a couple games sober then tell me the reason for him missing 1/2 the empty netters that Kessel is giving him...

I would play him on 3C with the defensive unit...
Play kadri (the ONLY playmaking centre we have) between the 2 of 3 best wingers we have( kessel, jvr, Lupes[love the guy]).

Everyone is hating on grabo this season because of his poor numbers? He plays a defensive roll with the leafs! Shhhhhuuuttt doooowwwnnn role. He doesing get much opportunity on offense...
Remember two years ago when him Mac and kulie ( also would never trade) were our first line? He makes players around him better!
not
GET OFF GRABO's BACK, and STOP MAKING BOZAK THE NEXT COMING OF TOEWS.

but the thing is he's not playing a defensive role...

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
but the thing is he's not playing a defensive role...
As far as centers on the Leafs go he's facing the toughest competition. McClement is 2nd

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:40 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
You're probably right about that but technically Bozak is not a free agent, he's still Maple Leafs property and a 3 year deal worth $3mill annually to keep him around is more than fair. If he makes it to free agency then its clear he wants to cash in and if that happens to be the case then I sure hope he cashes in anywhere but Toronto.
That makes very little sense.. if one waits for the UFA year to do a deal, one is going to have to offer an UFA contract

toewsintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Roy or Ribeiro would be better fits at that price. At least they have proven to be able to hit 60+ points multiple times in their careers.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Considering the Leafs depth at C, I think the Leafs are better off keeping Bozak even though it will mean overpaying him. They might have a decision to make on Grabo though...

I think Bozak will get 4.5-5 per season from the Leafs, a good million more than he's worth, but that's what it will cost to keep him imho.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Ewan McGregor

Lol, terrible. Anyone who pays that will regret it.

Good for Bozak, but let's get real - without his chemistry with Kessel he's a 3rd liner

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
Holy crap there is no way Tyler freaking Bozak is worth 5 millions. What the hell did we just have a lockout for?!
He's not worth it, but he'll get it imho.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
Roy or Ribeiro would be better fits at that price. At least they have proven to be able to hit 60+ points multiple times in their careers.
Bozak is a better two-way player than those to you mentioned. Plus, Bozak plays a more physically aggressive game. The Leafs would be making a mistake allowing him to 'walk'. He is their #1 center, and that means they need to pay 5+ to keep him.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

That's what Bergeron makes, and a quarter million less than what Krejci makes.

...Ok. Calm down there, Bozak. He'd get it in Free Agency, though. No question, and he knows it.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
He's not worth it, but he'll get it imho.
Just like the Tampa fans that were happy to add Matt Carle last year for 5.5 mill. Now, they want to buy him out. If I am TO, I focus on Kadri as next years #1 and Grabs as #2. Plug McClement into #3 or look for a 2 million dollar 3rd line C.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
sgupca

Bozak is going to pull a Dom Moore in Toronto. he forms some chemistry with his linemates they asks for way too much, only to hit UFA and not get even close to what he's asking for, then sign with a team and dissappear for a few years.

Moore eventually found a good fit in TB, but as a 3rd line C.

Bozak is worth no more than 3.5mil (and that's pushing it). If he asks for more we target Riberio or someone else this summer.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
umwoz

Wow! I was thinking Roy would command 5-5.5. But Bozak?

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Just like the Tampa fans that were happy to add Matt Carle last year for 5.5 mill. Now, they want to buy him out. If I am TO, I focus on Kadri as next years #1 and Grabs as #2. Plug McClement into #3 or look for a 2 million dollar 3rd line C.
Or sign Bozak and lose Grabo, since Bozak plays a bigger role on this team and is more in sync with Carlyle...not sure I want 10-11 million a season tied up in these two...

Old
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
What also gets to me is all this 2nd and 3rd line talk. We haven't seen Bozak play anywhere but the 1st line, riding the coattails of his elite wingers. What makes everyone so sure he could perform well with lesser linemates on the 2nd line? Personally, I don't think he can. He can play the 3rd line because he wouldn't be counted on to accumulate points from that position but I'm not sold on him being an effective defensive center either.
This is a very accurate assessment of Bozak by someone who probably has seen or watched very little of his actual play.

The points he puts up are not because he is riding the coattails of elite wingers. Kessel isn't bouncing pucks in off his forehead. Bozak is with them and an active part of the plays every game. He isn't riding anything. He is no Sidney Crosby, but he isn't dragging the players around him down either.

The fact you question his ability to even be a 3rd line defneisve center shows just how utterly ridiculous you are. Bozak is one of the best faceoff men in the entire league that plays sound defence on a line with two wingers who haven't seen their own end of the ice in years, but he might not be an effective 3rd line guy?

Ok, thanks for all of your wonderful insight

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
That's what Bergeron makes, and a quarter million less than what Krejci makes.

...Ok. Calm down there, Bozak. He'd get it in Free Agency, though. No question, and he knows it.

Then he'll get it from the Leafs, just like Grabo did...

Old
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Vor
RIP Lounge

vCash: 50
Bozak has zero ground to demand $5 million. Calling it now, he re-signs for under $4 million.

Vor is offline   Reply With Quote