HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

NHL Stadium Series: Isles vs Rangers @ Yankee stadium **Logo Released Post 286**

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Islanders1932

vCash: 500
I love that we are getting an outdoor game, but I am also upset they are doing so many games. If they were going to do more than one game I wish it would have been a New Years double header. However, I will be at the game at Yankees stadium no question.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Poliz24

This is awesome for the Isles, who cares how many games they play. How many times would you get to see them play outdoors? I want to go! Im deff gona buy tickets fro this! Speaking of jerseys for the game this cool concept would be nice,

Old
04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
am i alone in my love for this jersey? i would MUCH rather this one as a 3rd jersey, as opposed to the mets wanna be jersey we currently employ as our 3rd.
THE WORST ERA IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!
and the ugliest uniforms of all time, please people get some taste

do the throwback 1972 jerseys with the orange numbers and a brooklyn themed shoulder patch

Old
04-16-2013, 10:25 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Since it's considered a home game for the Isles, anyone have any idea how this would work with season ticket holders? Would they be entitled to tickets (at the extra cost of course) or maybe have a pre-sale for sth's? Or are they out to dry with everyone else to try and get tickets?

Old
04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 102
Will definitely be there !

Old
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Nelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
THE WORST ERA IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!
and the ugliest uniforms of all time, please people get some taste

do the throwback 1972 jerseys with the orange numbers and a brooklyn themed shoulder patch
Yes, orange numbers please. It would look so sweet on White or Blue (just not Black).

And I say there's no chance the Isles get this game next year if the team were not soon moving to Brooklyn.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
periferal

Leave it to hockey to get me to go to a baseball stadium.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:00 AM
drive45

CitiField?

If it's an Isles Home game, shouldn't it be at CitiField? Or are the Mets so irrelevant now, they're not alowed to host hockey games?

Old
04-17-2013, 12:22 AM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive45 View Post
If it's an Isles Home game, shouldn't it be at CitiField? Or are the Mets so irrelevant now, they're not alowed to host hockey games?
Why? The Bronx isn't exactly Manhattan.

I'm not in favor of having so many outdoor games, I'd much prefer to have only the winter classic so it's a bigger event and doesn't lose its charm. I look forward to 24/7 and the winter classic each year, now I'll be looking forward to 6 games? Unlikely.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:07 AM
DktrFaustus

the only thing i don't like is new york getting two games (in the same venue, no less.) that's overkill. at least one at yankee stadium and one at citifield would provide some variety.

i have no problem with it otherwise. it's really great for fans of some of the other teams that they don't have to wait so long to have an outdoor game.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
wingnutks

Quote:
am i alone in my love for this jersey? i would MUCH rather this one as a 3rd jersey, as opposed to the mets wanna be jersey we currently employ as our 3rd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
even that logo on our current 3rds are a billion times better than what they wear.

But yes, you are all alone in your love for the fisherman jersey. it is/was horrific.
Nope, I liked it too. Other than the non-Isles colors.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Alright so using last Saturday as a benchmark I'm assuming these tickets are going to be extremely hot on the secondary market. Be prepared to spend some big $$ if you can't get them from the box office.

Quote:
I believe both are going to be rangers home games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
I'm hoping this stadium series is just a one year thing. Maybe an attempt by the NHL to make up for the lockout.
That's my guess and what I'm really hoping. I love the winter classic always have friends over set my tv up outside and watch the game in the cold while bbq'ing its great but too much of a good thing might dilute it.

Crazy to think there's going to be an outdoor game in Los Angeles.. Either gotta hope the cooling technology has gotten better or bring galoshes

Old
04-17-2013, 07:24 AM
BorzNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post

I believe both are going to be rangers home games.
pretty sure katie strang said yesterday that these will be Devils and Islanders home games. NYR will be the away team (they will get to keep all of their home games while the NYI and NJD will lose one for yankee stadium)

Old
04-17-2013, 08:01 AM
xECK29x

Quote:
Teams were terrible, I don't think the jerseys were.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Isles Junkie

i wonder if they're going to have pomp & circumstance for every single game like they do for the Winter Classic.

Old Timers games, the long walk from the locker room to the ice, F-15s flying over head, fireworks and some pop star singing the Anthems.

Probably not.

Oh, I'm calling it now. Isles win 3-2 in a SO

Old
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Sorta bittersweet.

I love the outdoor games, but I think part of the reason I love em so much is the fact that they are so exclusive. Having six kinda makes them lose their luster imo.
See that is what i was thinking here. I think this is the NHL sort of saying sorry to the fans for the half a season.
I even think doing one game a year is a bit much honestly

Old
04-17-2013, 08:19 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Citifield is a much nicer place to watch baseball than Yankee Stadium(new). The outside of YS is pretty awesome, but the inside is boring...like a not-as-good copy of the original. Just my .02...and im not going to be going to look around.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Curious if the stadium games are going to do the who throwback jersey thing. Would be fun to speculate some of the Islanders options. Could generate a decent 3rd heading to Brooklyn.
you that could be what they were thinking. a good way to perhaps Launch a third. Also way to create a new fan base perhaps

Old
04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Citifield is a much nicer place to watch baseball than Yankee Stadium(new). The outside of YS is pretty awesome, but the inside is boring...like a not-as-good copy of the original. Just my .02...and im not going to be going to look around.
That may be the case, but the best seats for baseball arent going to be the best seats for an outdoor hockey game. I went to the Rag$/Flyers outdoor classic game here in Philly at CBP, and the lower level seats were not good seats for the game as most of the time you could barely see where the puck was. YS layout may be a bit more conducive since you sit a bit farther back there than at CBP or CitiField.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Macch

Leave it to the NHL to ruin a great tradition. 6 outdoor games is outrageous. 1 for USA and 1 for Canada, but 6? They're ruining the specialness of the event.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:41 AM
stranger34

If it's an Islanders home game it should have been Citi Field. Yankee Stadium is going to be Smurf Infested

Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
There will be six total outdoor games starting with:
Toronto vs Detroit at the big house
Kings vs Duck at dodgers stadium
Rangers vs devils Yankee stadium
Islanders vs rangers Yankee stadium

Penguins vs Chicago soldier field
Ottawa vs Vancouver BC Place
synthetic ice in southern California andexposed to the elements?
fat chance.

The big rotting apple doesn't have the conditions to support an outdoor game either.

I just don't buy this

Old
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:

Crazy to think there's going to be an outdoor game in Los Angeles.. Either gotta hope the cooling technology has gotten better or bring galoshes
Many people forget or don't know that the first outdoor game in the NHL took place in September 1991 between the rags and Kings. It was a preseason game played in LAS VEGAS! Vegas in September is HOT! December/January in Southern California, while certainly not cold, will be much better conditions than the 1991 game.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:13 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
I kinda wish it was just Isles/rag$ and they got all of the attention, but hey at least they are getting a game, right?

Old
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
synthetic ice in southern California andexposed to the elements?
fat chance.

The big rotting apple doesn't have the conditions to support an outdoor game either.

I just don't buy this
Why would the ice in California be synthetic? The only problem with these games is rain. Its not going to rain in southern California. Temperatures are never freezing within an arena.

Closed Thread