HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Stadium Series: Isles vs Rangers @ Yankee stadium **Logo Released Post 286**

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Leave it to the NHL to ruin a great tradition. 6 outdoor games is outrageous. 1 for USA and 1 for Canada, but 6? They're ruining the specialness of the event.
I agree. But if this is a one time occurrence and doesn't become an annual thing, then I think it will be ok.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I agree. But if this is a one time occurrence and doesn't become an annual thing, then I think it will be ok.
I'm actually excited for the Dodgers stadium game lol. I hope the ice don't melt and it's about time we have the west coast some love.

As for the 1 time thing, I don't mind it either as long as we don't have 10 of these every season. 2 games in the Bronx during Super Bowl week would be great business for the city. on top of the revenue for the Super Bowl this is great for NY.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
synthetic ice in southern California andexposed to the elements?
fat chance.

The big rotting apple doesn't have the conditions to support an outdoor game either.

I just don't buy this
they are capable of having a preseason game in vegas, in like 90 degree weather in 94, they will definitely be able to have all of those games

so are we gonna get an alumni game?

Old
04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post
Since it's considered a home game for the Isles, anyone have any idea how this would work with season ticket holders? Would they be entitled to tickets (at the extra cost of course) or maybe have a pre-sale for sth's? Or are they out to dry with everyone else to try and get tickets?
I think when they did the Flyers Rangers last time Season ticket holder got a Pre sale code. I also think Yankee Season ticket holders have a chance as well

Old
04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Why would the ice in California be synthetic? The only problem with these games is rain. Its not going to rain in southern California. Temperatures are never freezing within an arena.
Yup you're right I totally forgot that temperature is not as big of a problem as moisture is.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
scott99

Tavares has to have a MONSTER season next year, with an outdoor game and the Olympics coming (I hope he gets chosen).

Old
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Islander Prophet

gonna be epic

Old
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Since it's considered a home game for the Isles, anyone have any idea how this would work with season ticket holders? Would they be entitled to tickets (at the extra cost of course) or maybe have a pre-sale for sth's? Or are they out to dry with everyone else to try and get tickets?
When the Flyers hosted the WC at Citizens Bank Park it was considered a home game and was part of the season ticket holder package. But you were not required to purchase it - you just got the option to opt in and purchase. Your seat purchase options (ie., how good or bad your seat would be) was based on length of tenure as STH. The oldest group got to purchase the 1st day. Then the 2nd day it was opened to the next oldest group, etc.. I think they broke it into maybe 5 days. So I'd think by the last day newer STHs were limited to upper deck seats in the outfield.

Also, you could not buy tix to just the WC. You also had to buy tix to the old-timer's game, an AHL game and I think maybe a 4th game as well. It was a big $$ hit overall. I put the WC game tix on Stubhub for what seemed like a high price and someone bought them - I was glad I did it when the NYR won.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
When the Flyers hosted the WC at Citizens Bank Park it was considered a home game and was part of the season ticket holder package. But you were not required to purchase it - you just got the option to opt in and purchase. Your seat purchase options (ie., how good or bad your seat would be) was based on length of tenure as STH. The oldest group got to purchase the 1st day. Then the 2nd day it was opened to the next oldest group, etc.. I think they broke it into maybe 5 days. So I'd think by the last day newer STHs were limited to upper deck seats in the outfield.

Also, you could not buy tix to just the WC. You also had to buy tix to the old-timer's game, an AHL game and I think maybe a 4th game as well. It was a big $$ hit overall. I put the WC game tix on Stubhub for what seemed like a high price and someone bought them - I was glad I did it when the NYR won.
Yea I remember a buddy of mine who has Flyers season tickets offered me his 4 at a "discount" of $600 a ticket. Funny enough, it was, as the section and row he had his tickets in were going for close to a grand a pop. I didn't go.

How much did u get yours sold at, if you don't mind me asking?

Old
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
bstash19

Any word on when the tickets go onsale?

Old
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
Any word on when the tickets go onsale?
Probably hasn't been determined yet.. They said yesterday that the contract for the games hasn't even been signed. I'm sure we'll hear more details right before the season starts.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

I'm very excited about this.

04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Hipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
synthetic ice in southern California andexposed to the elements?
fat chance.

The big rotting apple doesn't have the conditions to support an outdoor game either.

I just don't buy this
What's wrong with the conditions of "the big rotting apple?"

Old
04-17-2013, 02:00 PM
startainfection

so i guess we are going to get a 4th jersey? a white alternate jersey, as the isles have to play all home games at the coliseum

Old
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I'm happy the Isles are finally getting one of these. but 6 outdoor games in 1 year? Kind of going to ruin the novelty pretty quick.
they did that years ago.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Islanderfan17

Personally, I don't mind their being numerous outdoor games a year. It's fun watching the outdoor games on TV and in person, so I say the more the merrier.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Bert Marshall days

It's on a Wednesday in January, there will be like 3 NYI fans there. As we get to hear complaints about how hard it is to get to the Bronx instead of Brooklyn. They should swap with the Devils and play Sunday. Plus it will be about 3 degrees with the wind chill factor. Need hard liquor to stay warm that day.

Can't wait.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:46 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Yea I remember a buddy of mine who has Flyers season tickets offered me his 4 at a "discount" of $600 a ticket. Funny enough, it was, as the section and row he had his tickets in were going for close to a grand a pop. I didn't go.

How much did u get yours sold at, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't mind. I recall it being around $600-700/ticket too for the WC. I sold one of the other games too, I think the AHL game. The ticket package was expensive initially (probably $300-400 per seat for all events), but I basically doubled my money. I was very tempted to go just b/c of the experience, and if I were a hard-core Flyers fan I think I would have. But under the circumstances it worked out well.

I think if you have a chance to buy tickets you probably won't lose money if you decide not to go to the game. Not sure what impact the 2 games will have on demand, but people will still want to be there.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Sideshow Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Was hoping for CitiField but this is awesome!! i guess they did it for the popularity of the Yankee Stadium name as opposed to picking the nicer stadium haha.

Cant wait!!!
I wonder if they looked at seating configuration and which would provide the best sight lines for the most people.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:20 PM
iLandHer

Old
04-18-2013, 06:54 AM
bstash19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
THE WORST ERA IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!
and the ugliest uniforms of all time, please people get some taste

do the throwback 1972 jerseys with the orange numbers and a brooklyn themed shoulder patch
technically its not the worst era in franchise history. The 2 years we wore that jersey werent as bad at the 99/00 & 00/01 seasons, which is the worst 2 year stretch in team history (not counting the first 2 seasons)
not to mention thats when the luongo trade was made and dp was drafted.

and you really think that jersey is uglier than this:

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/pro...)-N4224_XL.jpg

or this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1344995562

Old
04-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
technically its not the worst era in franchise history. The 2 years we wore that jersey werent as bad at the 99/00 & 00/01 seasons, which is the worst 2 year stretch in team history (not counting the first 2 seasons)
not to mention thats when the luongo trade was made and dp was drafted.

and you really think that jersey is uglier than this:

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/pro...)-N4224_XL.jpg

or this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1344995562
Whether or not they were uglier or the ugliest jerseys ever is moot. Those jerseys were a disgrace because they diminished all the history that the Islanders made with their original logo, not much more than 10 years after their dynasty.

If you were above the age of 10 when those jerseys came out, you knew what the word "embarrassment" meant. You lived it every day for 2 seasons.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:56 AM
19NYSports91

Not a fan of this. Prob won't watch any of the games besides ours. No interest in watching the Devils at all.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert marshall days View Post
it's on a wednesday in january, there will be like 3 nyi fans there. As we get to hear complaints about how hard it is to get to the bronx instead of brooklyn. They should swap with the devils and play sunday. Plus it will be about 3 degrees with the wind chill factor. Need hard liquor to stay warm that day.

Can't wait.
its on a wed ?

Old
04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Not a fan of this. Prob won't watch any of the games besides ours. No interest in watching the Devils at all.
I do not think i would watch any of the other games. Now that i see our Game is on Wed night i might not be able to even go with work and all.

Closed Thread