HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Stadium Series: Isles vs Rangers @ Yankee stadium **Logo Released Post 286**

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
its on a wed ?
Yes it is.. Devils vs rangers is Sunday the 26th islanders vs ranges is Wednesday the 29th.

Our game and the New Year's Day game are the only weekday games.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Yes it is.. Devils vs rangers is Sunday the 26th islanders vs ranges is Wednesday the 29th.

Our game and the New Year's Day game are the only weekday games.
The new years day Game is not as bad being that it is a holiday game and also most likely a day game.
Our game being a a weeknight and most likely a night game will suck big time IMO. Its even worse if the NHL thought it should be a day game ETC.
Why during the week that just looks dumb

Old
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
The new years day Game is not as bad being that it is a holiday game and also most likely a day game.
Our game being a a weeknight and most likely a night game will suck big time IMO. Its even worse if the NHL thought it should be a day game ETC.
Why during the week that just looks dumb
NBC sports net runs something called rivalry night on Wednesday night.. This year it's been kinda crappy and the "rivalries" has been a stretch (nyr/bos, min/chi) but I'm assuming that's what they're going to promote it as I'm guessing it will be on NBC though.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:04 PM
puckstopper55

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
I think everyone is overlooking the obvious ... this is all the week before the Superbowl, which is taking place right down the road. the city will be FILLED with corp sponsors, suits etc.

the chances of an average Joe getting tickets is slim to none. I guarantee that the NHL will take 1/2 the tickets for their own use (sponsors, friends & family, players friends & family, etc). The remaining tickets will now need to be split between Isles/Rags/Yankees. Once you take away all the tickers that the teams need for personal (plus friends and family), team sponsors etc, I think you are looking at 2-4K tickets per team (islanders/rags/yankees). Those will easily be sold to season tix holders .. I will take this a step further and say not all season tix holders (especially rangers) will get tix and will have to go into a lottery.

The NHL did this for 1 reason only .. and thats $! You think im wrong? why else would they have the Rags in both games when they already played in one?

Old
04-18-2013, 04:47 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
I think everyone is overlooking the obvious ... this is all the week before the Superbowl, which is taking place right down the road. the city will be FILLED with corp sponsors, suits etc.

the chances of an average Joe getting tickets is slim to none. I guarantee that the NHL will take 1/2 the tickets for their own use (sponsors, friends & family, players friends & family, etc). The remaining tickets will now need to be split between Isles/Rags/Yankees. Once you take away all the tickers that the teams need for personal (plus friends and family), team sponsors etc, I think you are looking at 2-4K tickets per team (islanders/rags/yankees). Those will easily be sold to season tix holders .. I will take this a step further and say not all season tix holders (especially rangers) will get tix and will have to go into a lottery.

The NHL did this for 1 reason only .. and thats $! You think im wrong? why else would they have the Rags in both games when they already played in one?
FWIW, when Philly played the WC in Boston, Philly STHs were entered into a lottery to get away tix. For the home game you were pretty much guaranteed tix, the only issue being where they were.

If that stays true, Isles STHs should have an opportunity to buy the same # of tix they own, and NYR STHs will enter a lottery (probably one lottery for both "away" games v. NJD and NYI) or have a guaranteed opportunity to buy tix to one of the two games.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Ziggy16

im calling it now

the Sunday Debbies-Rags game will be a day game, it will air on NBC

the Isles-Rags Weds Night Game will the the Weds Night Rivalry Game for NBCSN

im calling it.. national cable audience for our game...

Old
05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Bunk Moreland

It has finally been announced by the NHL:

Quote:
Yankee Stadium will host a doubleheader of a different sort this winter.

The 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series will see the three New York City metropolitan NHL teams play a pair of games at the home of the New York Yankees. The New York Rangers will face the New Jersey Devils at 12:30 p.m. ET on Jan. 26, 2014, and the Rangers will face the New York Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET on Jan. 29, 2014.

It will mark the first time hockey has been played at the new Yankee Stadium, which opened in 2009 across the street from the original. The new stadium seats 50,287 for baseball.

"The innovative nature of the Stadium Series affords the opportunity to have all three NHL teams in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area play, outdoors, at one of the most-recognized stadiums in the world," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We'll be able to create a multi-faceted, multi-day experience for our fans, and we thank the teams, Coors Light, the New York Yankees and Yankee Stadium for their support of this memorable NHL event."

"The teams playing in these two games -- the Rangers, Islanders and Devils -- have tremendously loyal fans and the rivalries are intense because of their proximity and playoff history," said Mathieu Schneider, NHLPA special assistant to the Executive Director. "Yankee Stadium is a landmark venue in New York City, and to see hockey played in such a celebrated setting will be extremely memorable to the players and everyone involved."

While a number of NHL teams have used the ice rink in Central Park for practice, the games will mark the first time professional hockey has been played outdoors in New York City.
Islanders WILL be the home team so wonder what that means for season/partial ticket holders about getting tickets to this event.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=670867

Old
05-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:

Islanders WILL be the home team so wonder what that means for season/partial ticket holders about getting tickets to this event.

I think for these neutral site games, both teams season ticket holders have a shot at tickets.

All I know is we get last change and we damn well better win!

Old
05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Steve55

Quote:

I didn't see anywhere the Isles will be the home team for their games at Yankee stadium. Hopefully the Islanders can host a game at Citi Field against the Rangers one day.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
I didn't see anywhere the Isles will be the home team for their games at Yankee stadium. Hopefully the Islanders can host a game at Citi Field against the Rangers one day.
Botta had it on his Twitter yesterday that the Isles are the home team.

https://twitter.com/chrisbottanhl/st...01995312476163

ChrisBottaNHL: #Isles - #NYR Yankee Stadium game will be made official by NHL this week. Wed. before Super Bowl. Islanders the home team.

05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Isles Junkie

I bet it'll be 85% Rangers fans. that's why i really hoped they put us against the Oilers in an outdoor game.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Nelly

Several weeks ago I read that since the Isles are the home team (as well as NJD for their game) they get all the gate revenue. So it's great for the Isles!

I guess if you call 1-800-882-ISLES extension 1 you'll have to buy seasons tickets to secure a seat? I'd do it if I didn't live out of town.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
Several weeks ago I read that since the Isles are the home team (as well as NJD for their game) they get all the gate revenue. So it's great for the Isles!

I guess if you call 1-800-882-ISLES extension 1 you'll have to buy seasons tickets to secure a seat? I'd do it if I didn't live out of town.
This may be due to the Rangers having some issues with the Yankees. They wanted to move into Manhattan but the Rangers blocked it. The Yankees have a good relationship with the Devils since the Steinbrenner family owned both of them a decade ago.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
This may be due to the Rangers having some issues with the Yankees. They wanted to move into Manhattan but the Rangers blocked it. The Yankees have a good relationship with the Devils since the Steinbrenner family owned both of them a decade ago.
Or the Rangers just want to play 41 games at MSG.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
This x10000

Old
05-15-2013, 02:46 PM
RealSturat

I know we have STH on the boards, would you all be of any assistance to help those of us out of town acquire seats.

I called and full STH are first, followed by partial. Both have options for extra seats.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Nelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSturat View Post
I know we have STH on the boards, would you all be of any assistance to help those of us out of town acquire seats.

I called and full STH are first, followed by partial. Both have options for extra seats.
Yes, please add me in!!

I can take photos of all my NYI gear to prove my fanaticism!!!

Old
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Knish Of The Crease

Awesome. Terrible camera angles and players moving at half speed because of the temperature.
I hate the outdoor games, especially in baseball stadiums.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Awesome. Terrible camera angles and players moving at half speed because of the temperature.
Lighten up Francis, it's just one game. The national exposure and festive atmosphere will easily trump one lousy viewing experience.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Bunk Moreland

Absolutely love the outdoor games and I don't care how much it costs I will be there.. Not a season ticket holder so I'll probably try to get from Stubhub or if ticketmaster releases any.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Absolutely love the outdoor games and I don't care how much it costs I will be there.. Not a season ticket holder so I'll probably try to get from Stubhub or if ticketmaster releases any.
I'm in the same boat. Def willing to drop a few hundred to be there. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Wouldn't pass this up.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
It's fun to watch it, once a year (or twice if you count that lousy Canadian one), but I'm not in favor of having a ton of these games a year. It ruins the nostalgia for me.

Old
05-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Nelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
This x10000
I recall now where I heard about the NYI / NJD home games. It was Hockey Night in Canada and the Rangers were crying foul because they weren't getting a piece of the gate ticket pie. Oh the injustice!

Old
05-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
technically its not the worst era in franchise history. The 2 years we wore that jersey werent as bad at the 99/00 & 00/01 seasons, which is the worst 2 year stretch in team history (not counting the first 2 seasons)
not to mention thats when the luongo trade was made and dp was drafted.

and you really think that jersey is uglier than this:

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/pro...)-N4224_XL.jpg

or this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1344995562
The old school Canucks jerseys are great!! It has that roller ball 1970's scifi future feel to it.

The coyotes was putrid but to this day the Islander fish sticks jersey was disgusting and a slap to the face for every fan. Our orange jerseys are hideous and the black ones are worse. I hated every jersey this team had last decade. The ones we have now are great and I don't want anything changed.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but would the teams be wearing throwback jerseys?

It's not the Winter Classic, It's the Stadium Series so my guess would be no. Anyone got some info on this?

OT: What would we use if we were to do retro?

Closed Thread