HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PLAYOFF TICKETS Discussion **See Post 55**

Old
04-24-2013, 09:18 PM
isleskovalchuk

vCash: 500
If we play anybody but the Bruins, I hope we play Saturday. IF we play the Bruisn I think game 1 iwll be sunday

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:27 PM
bigbren92

My friend who is at the Mets game right now just told me there was just a "We Got Playoffs" chant at citi field... Gotta love this team

bigbren92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:31 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
My friend who is at the Mets game right now just told me there was just a "We Got Playoffs" chant at citi field... Gotta love this team
thats awesome, did it just happen?

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan186 View Post
I was actually gonna suggest the same thing, people on these boards should meet up at champions (marriott) at like 530ish

I like this idea, as it would give me a chance to meet some fellow isles fans and get an idea of the area, as I am flying in from Alberta the afternoon of game 3.

dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:56 PM
NYCoolRunner

I am so excited! My uncle (Islander fan too... Got me into hockey) bought me birthday playoff tickets. Section 104 row B for game 3 (1st home game). I'm turning 25, this is my first playoff game, and I've been waiting a long time for a really good Isles team to show up. Hopefully this is the year for that.

It sucks that we don't know when the game will be, since I need to take off of work, but essentially I don't care because even if that place was on fire I wouldn't go in haha.

NYCoolRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I've never been to a playoff anything in my life. I grabbed tickets for all 6 games.

Cover photo and profile picture on facebook are all Islanders.
Wore my blue shirt and orange tie to work today.

A student today "Yo Mr. Kirsch, are you gonna grow a playoff beard?'
Me "The question is if I do, is anyone gonna notice?"

I'm 24 with a blond beard that hardly grows in.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
Nice.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Newbie10

Has any STH been able to get additional strips? if you did, how did you do it. I'm having a hard time getting a hold of my rep.

Newbie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Has any STH been able to get additional strips? if you did, how did you do it. I'm having a hard time getting a hold of my rep.
I spoke to my rep yesterday, who was understandably swamped. He laughed and said he had 30 seconds for me. I asked about additional strips, and he said I will be contacted in the next day or two. That would be today or tomorrow.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Fantom

Quote:
My friend has Seasons he got his Strips a few days back. Sometime last week. I think you might be too late. Call them and ask for someone Else. Explain to them your Rep is not calling you back.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Strummergas

Just nabbed my tickets for 2 of the 3 possible home games. Hitting either Game 3 or 4 (depending on the scheduling) and then Game 6 if necessary.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:49 PM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
for anyone that knows something about StubHub I have a question for you. I am not sure exactly how many friends will be coming with me but I want to err on the side of getting extra tickets so my group of friends can all come. If I have an extra ticket or two how does one go about converting tickets purchased from Ticketmaster into e-tickets I can sell on stubhub? most tickets I see are e-tickets but I've never known how to change them. Thank you for any help.

ktrio730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:52 PM
8bitHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post
for anyone that knows something about StubHub I have a question for you. I am not sure exactly how many friends will be coming with me but I want to err on the side of getting extra tickets so my group of friends can all come. If I have an extra ticket or two how does one go about converting tickets purchased from Ticketmaster into e-tickets I can sell on stubhub? most tickets I see are e-tickets but I've never known how to change them. Thank you for any help.
You're not going to be able to convert them to e-tickets if you have hard tickets. If you want to sell on Stubhub you will have to select to ship them physically vs delivery electronically.

8bitHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:52 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
I am in 304 and got mine when I reupped last week. There were only a couple of singles in my area(seats all around me are STH) so I added just the 1(if you don't mind being split up it may be easier). I spoke to my rep today and he said they were there until 930 last night, so it is crazy. Keep trying and good luck. I consider myself lucky that I have 7 seats for all the games...

if game 1 is a saturday or sunday, definitely gonna have the cooler, grill, tunes, can jam and bean bag toss in the lot early. There were lots of tailgaters for the ranger game so think it will be an awesome atmosphere.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
letsgoisles89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrio730 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitHockey View Post
You're not going to be able to convert them to e-tickets if you have hard tickets. If you want to sell on Stubhub you will have to select to ship them physically vs delivery electronically.
I'm pretty sure that what 8bitHockey said is false. If you purchased the tickets via ticketmaster call them and ask them to e-mail you the pdf tickets.

I had hard copies tickets to a Knicks vs. Nets at the Barclays Center last fall. When I learned that I could no longer make it to the game I called customer support asking if I could get pdf versions of the tickets and they didn't have any problem e-mailing them to me. I then sold them on stubhub easily.

Last edited by letsgoisles89: 04-25-2013 at 02:19 PM.
letsgoisles89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Lankyleo

any information on tix being released tommorow...are these box office only or ticketmaster as well? Any time given?

hoping i can lock some up on the web while at work

Lankyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyleo View Post
any information on tix being released tommorow...are these box office only or ticketmaster as well? Any time given?

hoping i can lock some up on the web while at work
They'll probably release them to the box office first, then whatever doesn't sell to ticketmaster.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Possible first round match up information posted by Eric hornick:

Quote:
If it's Pittsburgh....
the series won't open until at least Wednesday. Consol is booked Tuesday night; there's also an Arena Football game on Saturday night there, which would suggest the series could open either Wednesday-Friday or Wednesday-Saturday afternoon. NBC will carry a playoff game over the air on Saturday 5/4 at 12:30.
There's more in the link About Boston Montreal and DC

http://www.nyiskinny.com/2013/04/if-...witterfeed&m=1

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Islanders1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Possible first round match up information posted by Eric hornick:

There's more in the link About Boston Montreal and DC

http://www.nyiskinny.com/2013/04/if-...witterfeed&m=1
Oh shoot. I hope its Wednesday-Friday so we can have game 3 on Sunday. I really hope we get game 3 over the weekend.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:32 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Oh shoot. I hope its Wednesday-Friday so we can have game 3 on Sunday. I really hope we get game 3 over the weekend.
I'm hoping for that as well. I have to go into work on Sunday morning. That afternoon time slot on Saturday is almost assuredly going to be a Pens game.

Last edited by macleod50: 04-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Metrostars

did people head over this morning to get tickets?

anyone know if the box office was sold out/ if not when some might be made available online?

forgive my laziness and thanks for the help!

Metrostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrostars View Post
did people head over this morning to get tickets?

anyone know if the box office was sold out/ if not when some might be made available online?

forgive my laziness and thanks for the help!
The box office was a ****show this morning. They released like no tickets (a few hundred per game) for the sole purpose of deliberately shutting people out, and then having reps try to goad them into buying packages that come with playoff strips. So obviously they have more tickets left, plenty more, but they released just about 0 of them today. They should trickle them onto TM throughout the week, but the organization should be embarrassed for what they did today.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

wang is pulling all of his power moves trying to get people to sign for season tickets. I live in manhattan so it makes absolutely no sense for me, yet the rep keeps leaving me voicemails trying to get me "great playoff deals". instead i just went on ticketmaster and bought them

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Metrostars

sounds like par for the course for this team, unfortunately-

hopefully we get a set time when the isles give up on the season ticket push and let us plan to get these playoff tickets

Metrostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Hello Brooklyn
Rookie User

Hey guys, first time post on the boards although I'm a long-time reader and NYI fan. I was wondering if anyone else's TM Print at Home tickets doesn't actually say which playoff game its for on the printable ticket....like Home Game 1. Thought that was a little odd by TM.

Hello Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote