HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Tips on Ball Hockey shooting..

Old
04-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Tips on Ball Hockey shooting..

I've been playing ball hockey for about 3 years now and I've always had trouble controlling my shot because of the weight of the ball. It's obviously a lot different than a puck which I'm used to shooting. Power isn't the problem. When I shoot, the ball either sales too high or curves on me. I'm looking for tips on how to keep my shot from curving so much or sailing in the air.

Is there something I can do with the follow through, the position on where I put the ball on the blade? Something like that..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:21 PM
iamtherunner

vCash: 500
What curve do you use? I'd recommend staying away from an open curve and going with something pretty conservative. When I played ball hockey I used the Easton Forsberg/Zetterberg.

Do you take mostly wristers, or slap/snap shots? No matter which one try to control the height of your follow through which will help control the height of the shot. The ball curving mid air usually happens with hard slapshots, not really sure if that's preventable. The thing is though, is that hard slapshots aren't really necessary in ball hockey. In close an accurate wrister is more effective, and from range a low slapshot will lead to rebounds and more chances for your teammates in front (and you won't hit them in the face).

iamtherunner is offline   Reply With Quote