HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Old
05-04-2013, 05:42 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Get him a Viking helmet. If he comes back this series, I'll loose my ****.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Lars (Eller) ne ressent plus de maux de tête et il devrait être de retour sur le vélo d’ici quelques jours» - Olaf Eller #Habs

TRANSLATION of the above:
''Lars is not feeling anymore headaches and he should be back on the gym-bike in a few days'' (Olaf Eller).

So...Eller never had a concussion? (but he did have a headache according to Lars' father).

---------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

This is super news for Eller and his health!!
(and also great news for our Habs and us Hab fans...I'm so ****ing happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:51 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
''Lars is not feeling anymore headaches and he should be back on the gym-bike in a few days'' (Olaf Eller).

So...Eller never had a concussion? (but he did have a headache according to Lars' father).

(and also great news for our Habs and us Hab fans...I'm so ****ing happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
I'm no doctor but concussion symptoms comes and goes.

I'll remain careful for now. But it is possible it did not get a concussion from the hit, but it banged him hard anyway.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Imagine he comes back in this series, the momentum is gonna be huge, especially if it's at the Bell Center.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Habiton

I dont think we should get ahead of ourselves, this is fantastic news though.

If he gets back on the bike and starts working out again and doesnt get any symptoms thats huge step. If he can skate and take a bit of physical play, thats another huge step. Lastly, full contact practice with no issues and then he is good to go.

All in all I would say earliest he would play is 1.5-2 weeks, so the 2nd series (if we make it *knock on wood*

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I'm no doctor but concussion symptoms comes and goes.

I'll remain careful for now. But it is possible it did not get a concussion from the hit, but it banged him hard anyway.
Next step? Eller will see the Habs' doctor and see if he gets a green light for riding the gym-bike?

Old
05-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Headaches can be caused by a number of things. He did get hit in the head by a shoulder, then an icey floor. So his head must be hurting. Though, wouldn't they already have announced it if he had a concussion? They seem pretty quick on these things. Maybe they are specifically saying because it could mild and they want Eller to come back without other teams knowing it could be a weakness.

It's a bit of good news at least.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:10 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Headaches can be caused by a number of things. He did get hit in the head by a shoulder, then an icey floor. So his head must be hurting. Though, wouldn't they already have announced it if he had a concussion? They seem pretty quick on these things. Maybe they are specifically saying because it could mild and they want Eller to come back without other teams knowing it could be a weakness.

Probably not because it's the playoffs.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Et le But

Sometimes concussion symptoms don't appear until you start exercising. We can be cautiously optimistic that Eller hit the ice again even this series if it goes on long enough, but let's see how he reacts to the bike first next week.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:46 PM
JohnLennon

I'm ecstatic to hear that he is alright and there doesn't seem to be any long-term injury.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:59 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Eller is once again the inspiration for my new avatar. Courtesy of Bloumeister and Yep.

Love it. <3

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller is once again the inspiration for my new avatar. Courtesy of Bloumeister and Yep.

Love it. <3
Very nice.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

We're all happy...I'm so happy with this good Eller news (that he seems to be ok), but maybe they're not revealing everything with possible concussion? Or maybe it really is a headache...I don't think Eller would play with a concussion...not safe, not good for his future. We'll have to wait patiently (and riding the gym-bike is a good test...day by day...don't rush back since his health/future is so important to his family and our Habs, but obviously...I'd be so pumped if he can come back sooner than later!! as long as his head is concussion free).

One thing left to do...go out there and win the series for Eller, so Eller can have as much time as possible to rest

Old
05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Like I said during the game, there's no proof there was a concussion. You can get a concussion like Diaz where you're barely touched and then you can smash your head off the boards and not get a concussion at all. It basically comes down to luck.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Could you imagine the Bell Center if he returned for Game 5? I wouldn't even want to be there because I'd go deaf for life.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:41 PM
groovejuice

If he can return at all in these playoffs it is phenomenal.

Not to mention what a lift for the team and the fans.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:57 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
The biggest problem with Gio is he's one of these guys who scores occaisionally but doesn't really stand out in any other area. He's not big and physical, not anything special defensively, not what I'd consider a great playmaker or face off man - he just scores occaisoinally. Really, I'd compare him somewhat to Ryder. Guys like that really don't do anything else, and when they don't score,they tend to be invisible.
If you think Gionta is equal to Ryder defensively, that could explain your low opinion of him, but that says more about you than Brian.

Who here thinks anyone would ever name Ryder the captain of a team?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Like I said during the game, there's no proof there was a concussion. You can get a concussion like Diaz where you're barely touched and then you can smash your head off the boards and not get a concussion at all. It basically comes down to luck.

Could you imagine the Bell Center if he returned for Game 5? I wouldn't even want to be there because I'd go deaf for life.

Here's hoping for a proper, speedy FULL recovery for our Eller
(no concussion, no more headaches *knock on wood*).

Old
05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post

That would be nuts. Especially if we have a 3-1 lead..One can only hope..

As for the headache, I passed out once about 6-7 years ago from dehydration during the Grand Prix weekend downtown under the 40 degree humidity. I collapsed as I was trying to make my way to the bathroom for some water, hit my head on a concrete step, resulted in 5 stitches just above my eyebrow. Needless to say, I hit my head pretty hard, on concrete. I didn't suffer a concussion, but I did have a headache for a couple of days.

So it's possible that he didn't suffer one. We'll see how he handles a bit of training.
He was already becoming my 2nd favorite hab, if he comes back I'm definitely gonna respect him even more.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
If you think Gionta is equal to Ryder defensively, that could explain your low opinion of him, but that says more about you than Brian.

Who here thinks anyone would ever name Ryder the captain of a team?
No!!!

But I could see subban becoming captain if his maturity continues to grow the way he has shown this year.

I see subban on the Olympic team this year also. He has shown lots of maturity. Although he still needs to mature, he has come a long way since 2 years.

MyNameIsNobody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:59 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

just said on HNIC that gionta is likely gone for playoffs

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:59 PM
JohnLennon

According to Kevin Weekes, Brian Gionta will require surgery and will probably be out of the playoffs.

I'm sad.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:00 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Don't know what was written about Gionta in here but Kevin Weekes just said on HNIC that Gionta would need surgery and is out for the playoffs.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

so weeks just said Gio needs surgery probably out for the po's

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

On CBC, Kevin Weekes just said that according to his sources, Gionta will need a surgery to his biceps. His playoffs would be over.

EDIT : Looks like everybody is watching CBC.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Per Bobby Mac, both Gionta and Pacioretty made the trip with the team to Ottawa.
Kevin Weeks just said Gionta will require surgery and he's most likely out for the PO.

edit : got beat to the punch like 5 times LOL

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote