Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Prust/Valabik fight

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2005, 08:26 AM
pucks1

vCash: 500
Prust/Valabik fight

Did anyone see this fight? who won? any vid clips on it?

Old
04-25-2005, 08:34 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1
Did anyone see this fight? who won? any vid clips on it?
I saw the fight... Valabik got some early shots in, but Prust got some good ones in later on and then Valabik fell and Prust had to be pulled off him. Valabik did some gloating afterwards, too, so I began to wish someone hadn't rescued Valabik's ass by pulling Prust off of him.

Based on that I'll give the edge to Prust ( would be interested to see it again tho ).

Edit: after watching it again Prust didn't land enough good shots to give him the edge.. I'll call it a draw, only because Prust at least pushed him over at the end.

Tom

Last edited by thomasincanada: 04-25-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old
04-25-2005, 09:00 AM
CharlieGirl

http://rapidshare.de/files/1405679/v...labik.wmv.html

Old
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
The more that I see of the Knights the less I like. Valabik got the majority of punches to land, but they were slow punches at that. He got pushed over when he was on one leg. Who caught the goal post in the midsection at the beginning of the clip?

Old
04-25-2005, 10:07 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Thanks for the clip, i'm a knights fan but i have to admit Prust got baged pretty good in that one.

I also saw that Valabik faught again in the 3rd period. how did that one go? clip?

Old
04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1
Thanks for the clip, i'm a knights fan but i have to admit Prust got baged pretty good in that one.

I also saw that Valabik faught again in the 3rd period. how did that one go? clip?
Ask and you shall receive!

http://rapidshare.de/files/1405622/v...labik.wmv.html

Old
04-25-2005, 10:19 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
The more that I see of the Knights the less I like. Valabik got the majority of punches to land, but they were slow punches at that. He got pushed over when he was on one leg. Who caught the goal post in the midsection at the beginning of the clip?
Well, you wouldn't be the first person to not like the knights. Don't judge them based on this series, though, as Kitchener is playing them as physical as absolutely possible and it's starting to frustrate some of the guys into some cheap shots. Bear in mind the Kitchener players aren't saints in this series either.

Tom

Old
04-25-2005, 10:24 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
I was hoping that one would be forgotten. Foreman gets in these fights and always gets beat up, with the only real goal as to fire up the other team. He needs to at least spend more time in the gym if he's going to do this kind of thing

Tom

Old
04-25-2005, 10:34 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Rangers look like a tough ass team!

Old
04-25-2005, 10:45 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
I was hoping that one would be forgotten. Foreman gets in these fights and always gets beat up, with the only real goal as to fire up the other team. He needs to at least spend more time in the gym if he's going to do this kind of thing

Tom
That was pretty painful..... it was a mismatch from the word go.

I'm sure Lashoff was trying to help out his teammate in keeping the extra Knight (I think it was #23?) away from Valabik, but he'd have been better off letting him go. As it stood, Lashoff got a 10 minute misconduct for his efforts.

Game 3 ought to continue the pattern set out so far this series. It'll be interesting to see if Beaulieu is suspended for his crosscheck on Henderson - Deboer was livid at the non-call on that move.

Old
04-25-2005, 11:17 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
That was pretty painful..... it was a mismatch from the word go.

I'm sure Lashoff was trying to help out his teammate in keeping the extra Knight (I think it was #23?) away from Valabik, but he'd have been better off letting him go. As it stood, Lashoff got a 10 minute misconduct for his efforts.

Game 3 ought to continue the pattern set out so far this series. It'll be interesting to see if Beaulieu is suspended for his crosscheck on Henderson - Deboer was livid at the non-call on that move.
I haven't heard anything on that regards yet, not even if the league is reviewing it.

I'm far more concerned about Rodney and Fritsche (the latter is at least expected to play) then I am about Beaulieu.

Tom

Old
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
trahans99

The Valabik vs Prust part 2 (sat night) was either a draw or slight edge to valabik as you'd expect being 6'7 vs 5'10..

But Valabik vs Prust part 1 last year, Prust upper cut Valabik with the linesman separating them... and valabik went down and out...

I'd love to see a Valabik/Prust III, time will tell!

Old
04-25-2005, 12:02 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
But Valabik vs Prust part 1 last year, Prust upper cut Valabik with the linesman separating them... and valabik went down and out...
So you're saying that if Valabik had suckerpunched Prust with the linesmen holding him, Valabik would have won that fight? Please... you'd be calling him the biggest goon to ever lace up skates - and you'd be absolutely correct.

Old
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
So you're saying that if Valabik had suckerpunched Prust with the linesmen holding him, Valabik would have won that fight? Please... you'd be calling him the biggest goon to ever lace up skates - and you'd be absolutely correct.
I'd like to see that fight before making judgement - If they were *both* going at it with a linesman in the middle then it's fair game. If Valabik was being held like you suggest and Prust just uppercut him then obviously it was a cheap shot. Prust isn't a guy that goes for a lot of cheap shots, though.

Tom

Old
04-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
I don't know, I gave Foreman some props for going after Valabik. It takes courage to drop em with someone with such a large advantage. I want prust or thompson to fight keefe next game, although I'm not sure he would drop the gloves.

Old
04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
I don't know, I gave Foreman some props for going after Valabik. It takes courage to drop em with someone with such a large advantage. I want prust or thompson to fight keefe next game, although I'm not sure he would drop the gloves.
So you want to give Timander credit for turtling against Chara too? Give credit where it's due, having your arse handed to you is not one of the scenarios.

Old
04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
bert

Quote:
Well, you wouldn't be the first person to not like the knights. Don't judge them based on this series, though, as Kitchener is playing them as physical as absolutely possible and it's starting to frustrate some of the guys into some cheap shots. Bear in mind the Kitchener players aren't saints in this series either.

Tom
So dont judge them against there best competition? What are we supposed to judge them on if not against Kitchener?

Old
04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
So dont judge them against there best competition? What are we supposed to judge them on if not against Kitchener?
My point was if you're going to decide that you dislike them, don't base it on this series as both teams have been physical and cheap at times.

If you want to judge how resilient of a team they really are, then perhaps this is the best series for that.

Old
04-25-2005, 01:19 PM
CharlieGirl

Beaulieu receives 5 games for the crosscheck (I think this is fair); London is fined $2,000 for the yipping between benches (no idea if this includes Perry flipping the bird to the Rangers bench and assorted fans); Kitchener is fined $6,000 for Deboer's comments about the reffing (and I presume yipping between the benches).

Aaah, playoff hockey - nothing like it!

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-25-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
bert

Oh ok I wasnt sure what you ment, I thought you ment basing it on there play not how they conduct themselves on the ice.

Old
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Quote:
Beaulieu receives 5 games for the crosscheck (I think this is fair); London is fined $2,000 for the yipping between benches (no idea if this includes Perry flipping the bird to the Rangers bench and assorted fans); Kitchener is fined $6,000 for Deboer's comments about the reffing (and I presume yipping between the benches).

Aaah, playoff hockey - nothing like it!

I was just about right behind both benches during that game, the London trainers and some fans were yapping at each other by the end of the third peridd as well....

Totally worth the 5 hours I spent in line on friday morning, I just might have to go again tomorrow morning for tickets to game 4.

Old
04-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo
I was just about right behind both benches during that game, the London trainers and some fans were yapping at each other by the end of the third peridd as well....
Yea, Don Brankley the long time london trainer tends to do that sometimes. He is the guy who lived in the london gardens and now lives at the JLC. He was caught on camera acting like a goof, it was pretty funny. I don't have tickets tonight but will be making the trip to Kitchener for game 4. How is the standing room at the Aud? Is there a mad rush when the doors open to get a spot like at the old London Gardens?

Old
04-25-2005, 03:23 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
Yea, Don Brankley the long time london trainer tends to do that sometimes. He is the guy who lived in the london gardens and now lives at the JLC. He was caught on camera acting like a goof, it was pretty funny. I don't have tickets tonight but will be making the trip to Kitchener for game 4. How is the standing room at the Aud? Is there a mad rush when the doors open to get a spot like at the old London Gardens?
You'll want to get to the Aud before 6:00 for a 7:00 start. You have a couple of options - there is standing room at the top corners of the Aud on one side; or you can stand behind the row of seats along the boards. Standing room spots have been filling up quickly.

Old
04-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Pepper

That clip of Valabik - Prust...I'll score it as a draw, neither connected with anything. Valabik more active but he was hitting the helmet & shoulder of Prust and those two which commentators said connected didn't actually hit anything. Prust gets the takedown, couldn't tell whether the last punch connected or not from that angle.

Prust has nothing to do with Ducks so I can say this pretty bias-free.

Old
04-25-2005, 06:58 PM
tuckerdomi

Terrible Fight, all helmet punches,,,,,you see the Knights tender butt end Richards? I would have takin that cheap piece of craps head off if he did that too me.

Closed Thread