HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - "Time for a Change" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
All he's saying is there's only two players who get hate on so much they have their own threads for basically the last two months, always in the top 5 or 10 topics.

Price and Desharnais.

They are, apparently, the only reason we lose hockey games.
I know that, but hey! we're on a DD thread, let's be smart enough not to expect Eller or Galchenuyk talks in this particular thread, you know...

Old
04-23-2013, 09:12 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade8019 View Post
fixed
How does that even make sense, he says to two players get so much hate and you take one out? How does two minus one equal two?

People these days. Jesus.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I brought up the subject on this one to illustrate a point. Are we gonna go in circles a few times to pad your post number?
you're probably one of the very few who care about the padding, but go ahead, feel free to reply to any of my posts if it helps you out.

as fr going in circle, bringing Eller and Galchenuyk in this thread is probably a guarantee it will happen, be happy, you achieved your goal.

maybe we should tak about Gorges in here too ?

Old
04-23-2013, 09:14 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
How does that even make sense, he says to two players get so much hate and you take one out? How does two minus one equal two?

People these days. Jesus.
should have taken DD names out, at least it would have been closer to two!

Old
04-24-2013, 02:35 AM
Galchenyuk15

Why the love for DD?

Koivu were never good enough for Montreal Canadiens but DD is?? That's a joke?

Koivu was 5 times the player DD is or will be and Koivu still better when he sleep then DD on the ice. The finnish is a ****in true warrior, heart and soul, very good hockey player and he can play in all situation not a one trick pony. Koivu was better in all parts of the game than DD. Each time we have played a big game, you know Koivu will step up. Koivu never have a Pacioretty on his wing and he don't need that because it's a kind of center make look better the 2 wingers he play with, Zednik and Savage says hi! You can put who you want with Saku and he still produce. Can you said the same for DD?

If Koivu, 5'11", isn't good enough at the time, why Desharnais, 5'7", it is now? What I am missing? Explain me, please ...

In Montreal (Koivu)
Season : 792g 191-450=641 -10 (66,37pts per 82 games)
Playoff : 54g 16-32=48 +11

This year
Koivu 46g 9-18=27 +7 51,4% (faceoffs) .. 38 years old
Desharnais 46g 9-18=27 -3 49.8% (faceoffs) .. 26 years old

Old
04-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Desharnais is having a subpar season. But, food for thought: Desharnais is playing in his second year as an NHLer. It is not inconceivable he might improve by a significant margin in the next couple years.

You may now resume the

Old
04-24-2013, 04:15 AM
habtastic

I wouldn't be shocked if DD becomes a playoff darling.

This all based on my belief that this team will wake the f up. Dd IS a very good player, even when opponents try to manhandle him, although this year he's lost the spark. MB made a mistake in the timing of the contract although DD didn't seem like the kind of guy to just drop off so precipitously after signing. I used to get a different vibe from him, as though ge still had a lot to prove. Now he just seems like he's accepted all the accolades bestowed to him. Watch clips from last year and you'll see, the way he used his size (much like gally) was great, as was his playmaking. Now he makes the most horrid passes ever. Doesn't help that patch is having a bad season (racking up pity points).

Playoffs might change things but that's my wishful thinking.
Just read that Elisha Cuthbert (sworn Habs fan, allegedly) is actually marrying that hunchback. What is wrong with the world?

Old
04-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if DD becomes a playoff darling.

This all based on my belief that this team will wake the f up. Dd IS a very good player, even when opponents try to manhandle him, although this year he's lost the spark. MB made a mistake in the timing of the contract although DD didn't seem like the kind of guy to just drop off so precipitously after signing. I used to get a different vibe from him, as though ge still had a lot to prove. Now he just seems like he's accepted all the accolades bestowed to him. Watch clips from last year and you'll see, the way he used his size (much like gally) was great, as was his playmaking. Now he makes the most horrid passes ever. Doesn't help that patch is having a bad season (racking up pity points).

Playoffs might change things but that's my wishful thinking.
Just read that Elisha Cuthbert (sworn Habs fan, allegedly) is actually marrying that hunchback. What is wrong with the world?
What?

Isn't Cuthbert with Dion Phaneuf? Remember the Sean Avery 'sloppy seconds' comment?

Old
04-24-2013, 07:26 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
What?

Isn't Cuthbert with Dion Phaneuf? Remember the Sean Avery 'sloppy seconds' comment?
I'm guessing you thought I meant gorilla boy #1, Lucy, the Australopithecus.

Phaneuf is an ogre of his own kind. And yeah I meant Céline. How does she live with herself? (Apart from money and fame.) I hope Jay Baruchel, her former partner is giving her **** for this. I bet he's gonna attend the wedding. He really should say something for the "why these two should not be wed" part. And then Viggo shows up, slays phaneuf and frenches EC.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I'm guessing you thought I meant gorilla boy #1, Lucy, the Australopithecus.

Phaneuf is an ogre of his own kind. And yeah I meant Céline. How does she live with herself? (Apart from money and fame.) I hope Jay Baruchel, her former partner is giving her **** for this. I bet he's gonna attend the wedding. He really should say something for the "why these two should not be wed" part. And then Viggo shows up, slays phaneuf and frenches EC.
Drugs, man. Like, u gotta stop doing'em

Old
04-24-2013, 07:34 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk15 View Post
Why the love for DD?

Koivu was 5 times the player DD is or will be and Koivu still better when he sleep then DD on the ice. The finnish is a ****in true warrior, heart and soul, very good hockey player and he can play in all situation not a one trick pony. Koivu was better in all parts of the game than DD. Each time we have played a big game, you know Koivu will step up. Koivu never have a Pacioretty on his wing and he don't need that because it's a kind of center make look better the 2 wingers he play with, Zednik and Savage says hi! You can put who you want with Saku and he still produce. Can you said the same for DD?

If Koivu, 5'11", isn't good enough at the time, why Desharnais, 5'7", it is now? What I am missing? Explain me, please ...

In Montreal (Koivu)

This year
Might be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

Koivu was good enough for MTL... he played like 800 games here. Would be well over 1,000 if he stayed healthy.

Desharnais wasn't Koivu's replacement, he was Scott Gomez's replacement at less than half the salary.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Might be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

Koivu was good enough for MTL... he played like 800 games here. Would be well over 1,000 if he stayed healthy.

Desharnais wasn't Koivu's replacement, he was Scott Gomez's replacement at less than half the salary.
Actually, DD's paycheck is roughly 11% of GoHomez' salary cap at the moment

Old
04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Why the love for DD?

In Montreal (Koivu)

This year

For me it's more of a:

Koivu + Plekanec = We're too small down the middle, we need to get bigger.
Plekanec + Gomez = We're too small down the middle, we need to get bigger
Plekanec + Desharnais = We're fine down the middle....don't change anything?

Old
04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Megaforce

Quote:
If Koivu, 5'11", isn't good enough at the time

You talking about the same Koivu?

Koivu was so short he had to jump to hit the elevator button to visit his girlfriend's penthouse apartment.

He had to get a teammate to help him store his overhead luggage.

If he was five eleven I'm one of the Bowery Boys.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
For me it's more of a:

I haven't read any posts suggesting we're fine down the middle.

All people are saying is that DD is seriously not as bad as some are making him out to be. He's just not that bad.
That doesn't mean Plek-DD is a fine 1-2 punch. It perhaps could be, but not with Gionta and Gallagher also in our top 6 too. I'm seriously hoping next year will be a battle at training camp for the top 2 center positions. Eller and Galchenyuk will have improved, and Eller should have already been given a top 2 role. My guess is those 4 guys will fight for their spot (unless some are traded).

Old
04-24-2013, 09:14 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I haven't read any posts suggesting we're fine down the middle.

All people are saying is that DD is seriously not as bad as some are making him out to be. He's just not that bad.
That doesn't mean Plek-DD is a fine 1-2 punch. It perhaps could be, but not with Gionta and Gallagher also in our top 6 too. I'm seriously hoping next year will be a battle at training camp for the top 2 center positions. Eller and Galchenyuk will have improved, and Eller should have already been given a top 2 role. My guess is those 4 guys will fight for their spot (unless some are traded).
I don't think he was talking about these boards, he was talking about the media and the fanbase in general. For years and years all you heard about was getting bigger down the middle and that we had a soft team. I haven't heard anything of the sort from the media this year, it's just pure hypocrisy.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:23 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Just checking if anyone will mention Galchenyuk's pass to opposing d in our own zone. Eller thinking he's Lemieux and turning it over. Probably not, all that matters is that DD lost puck on PP.

I usually don't bring it up but c'mon. The alternatives aren't perfect either but I don't hear ****.
So let's start a play by play defense of DD play. Wait. No thanks.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:47 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
For me it's more of a:

No, it was more like a;

Koivu + Plekanec + Smolinski = not deep enough.
Plekanec + Gomez + Metropolit = not deep enough.
Plekanec + Desharnais + Eller = very deep.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:54 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Drugs, man. Like, u gotta stop doing'em
Well that's a whole other issue, but note the time of my post (actually I should say, that I woke up at 2am after going to sleep at 12:30). I've had brutal insomnia since...well...yeah, about the time we lost to Toronto.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
No, it was more like a;

No, I remember it like it was yesterday. Everyone was bashing Montreal because we had no size, because we were soft. Yet Koivu was a better hockey player than Desharnais, Smolinski was also a pretty good 3rd liner. It seems weird to me that people refuse to criticize Desharnais when deserving, granted some people here overreact.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
bsl

Quote:
For me it's more of a:

****ing brilliant. Exactly.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:23 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Seriously, stop with the language debate. It's been said a million times in this thread by all the mods.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:25 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
No, it was more like a;

I would take a different approach. Take a bit of pressure off of DD. Less minutes so he can hustle all out during the minutes he gets and see if he can make his wingers better, playing against weaker opposition:

#1 offensive line
Plekanec-Ryder-Pacioretty

#1 defensive line (that might get a few points on counterattack)
Halpern-Gionta-Eller

#2 offensive line
Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Prust

4th line
Desharnais-Armstrong/Moen-Bourque

If we run into a banging fourth line, and feel we must put Prust on ours to counter, then he can switch with DD, and Galchy moves to the wing on the 2nd offensive line for certain shifts.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:26 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
No, I remember it like it was yesterday. Everyone was bashing Montreal because we had no size, because we were soft. Yet Koivu was a better hockey player than Desharnais, Smolinski was also a pretty good 3rd liner. It seems weird to me that people refuse to criticize Desharnais when deserving, granted some people here overreact.
Well when I post something, I'm not complaining. I don't ever complain about size. Grit is definitely needed, but not every player needs it.

Desharnais (Gionta and Gallagher as well) are more fearless than a lot of bigger players in this league anyway. Koivu as well - I never wanted him to leave.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Well when I post something, I'm not complaining. I don't ever complain about size. Grit is definitely needed, but not every player needs it.

Desharnais (Gionta and Gallagher as well) are more fearless than a lot of bigger players in this league anyway. Koivu as well - I never wanted him to leave.
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I was talking about the genral fanbase here in Montreal.

Closed Thread