HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps lose 4-3, but...

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 05:34 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Caps lose 4-3, but...

Zubrus had 3 points and continues to rack em up every game he plays.
Bondra had another power play goal and 6 shots on goal. Halpern had 2 pp assists. Semin had another assist and 4 shots on goal in only 14 minutes. I like the look of that.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Does Halpern get much powerplay time during the regular season?

Also, how is Stephen Peat looking? (If he's even playing)

Old
09-26-2003, 11:18 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
I don't think Halpern does. . though if I remember correctly when the caps had a couple of their pp droughts last season cassiday threw the checking line out there for a pp, heheh.

I went to the game last night and here were my impressions:

Semin - made some great moves and some good passing, looked a little lost and rotating in the O zone, also fumbled the puck a bit when he was getting roughed up upon, overall didn't hurt himself. . he could stick.

Boomer - bleh, he was terrible in the first period, i'm no nhl player but jeez all you have to do is play the body and considering he can skake well there is no excuse for people skating around him.

Kiwi - i was surprised that he played as well as he did. Made a couple of nice plays and no bad plays that stuck out in my mind.

Miller - had the one nice goal driving to the net but he is just too small and not fast enough. Decent hands and hockey sense but I pray that he isn't on the top line.

Nylander - thought he looked good early then dissapeared though it was penalty kill time for the last 10 minutes of the first period seemingly.

Gordon - Did decent on the penalty kill and some draws. Didn't see much offensively.

Eminger - Thought he looked very solid. so he had the blown tire at the end but I can recall Gonchar doing that one game during the regular season a few years ago in the same situation. . it happens.

Pettinger - Made some nice hits and some chippy play. Decent 4th line material. I didn't catch any glaring mistakes on his part.

Stana - Did not look so good. Let in some stopable shots.

Oulette - Looked very good. He needs to get a few NHL games in this year.

Overall on 5v5 hockey I thought the Caps were the better team. Lets just hope the penalty kill last night isn't a precursor though. . .