Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post

calgary flames board in 2 years time
You mean like it was 2 years ago?

Old
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Flamesfan13

vCash: 500
For the fans who want to lose the remaining games we have a pretty good chance. Going into four buildings we have a tough time winning in. Chicago is a guaranteed loss.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Yep, and never forget, we could* win the lottery.

How disgusting would that be to win a bunch of these road games and then win the lotto.

Would be some justice.
If there is any such Karma in the world, we would win the lottery.

No other bottom team has a crappier roster than us yet is still beating playoff contending teams.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Yes! Someone gets it. Backlund was huge last night. Bart started weak but finished strong. These kids are going to develop a lot over the remaing games, love it. Also everyone worried about what pick we get should really look at our remaining sched. IMO, we win one game.
Didnt we have something like 17 shots the entire game? The Flames were not that good and only won because Begin scored 2 lucky goals.

Winning last night does nothing for the young guys. Its not like Sven went out there and lit it up, hell i cheered when we won against Edmonton because the young guys were playing great.

Winning because a 4th line plug scores is horrible.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Didnt we have something like 17 shots the entire game? The Flames were not that good and only won because Begin scored 2 lucky goals.

Winning last night does nothing for the young guys. Its not like Sven went out there and lit it up, hell i cheered when we won against Edmonton because the young guys were playing great.

Did you watch the game last night? Pretty sure our young guys played a huge part in that win last night.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:

Is it though? Would you rather Sven and Max get used to a losing team, where it is tolerated like that? I don't think winning is ever a bad thing. We can look up north if you wana see what accepting that culture looks like...

Old
04-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Did you watch the game last night? Pretty sure our young guys played a huge part in that win last night.
Duhhhhhh. They're supposed to be mailing it in, clearly they don't care about the future of this franchise.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
MightyMallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
Is it though? Would you rather Sven and Max get used to a losing team, where it is tolerated like that? I don't think winning is ever a bad thing. We can look up north if you wana see what accepting that culture looks like...
This. And the fact that we can still finish above the Oilers. That would be awesome.

**** the Oilers, man.

But actually, If we finish higher than the Oil, and the youngsters muscle some wins to cap off the season, I am completely fine with that.

Then, to put the cherry on top, we don't necessarily win the lottery, but STILL have a higher pick than them.

Ideal end to the season IMO.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Yes i did, what part did they play really? The Sven pass was great and Reinhart had a good chance on the left circle, but i didnt really see that much from them. As i said, you dont get 17 shots on net if you are playing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
I dont think 6 games is going to break their backs. Im not asking for them to mail it in, im just saying winning the way we did sucks.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:18 PM
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
I dont think 6 games is going to break their backs. Im not asking for them to mail it in, im just saying winning the way we did sucks.
No it might not. But remember this is some of these players first 6-10 NHL games... If you just get worked every game, then it could kill confidence. Thinking; "I can't play at this level."

Old
04-18-2013, 04:50 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Yes i did, what part did they play really? The Sven pass was great and Reinhart had a good chance on the left circle, but i didnt really see that much from them. As i said, you dont get 17 shots on net if you are playing great.

Guys don't have to light the lamp every game for them to be playing great. Solid defensive effort by all the young guys, and kipper bailed them out when he had to. Yes kipper had a great game, and he won't be around to save them next year. So maybe you'll get your coveted 1st next year if you think this team sucks that much. IMO our future is much brighter than I thought it was at the deadline. Great to see these young guys playing big minutes and succeeding.

If we have to pick monohan, big deal. He's still a great looking prospect and if our kids continue to win, what does the say about the talent we already have on this team?

Old
04-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Only losers with zero pride play to tank.

No professional athlete got where they are without having a desire to win. No coach has ever been hired without a desire to win. No manager has ever reached their position without a desire to win.

Teams intentionally losing is a rarity in professional sports because it's against everything that is in an athlete's nature.

I am pretty sure Penguin fans are pretty happy now with Crosby and Malkin instead of lost pride in a few meaningless games years ago.

This team lost its pride weeks ago...time to think about the future..short term pain for long term gain.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Ynnek
FIRED!!!!!!

vCash: 50
Win or lose at this point it doesn't matter. What I like is seeing a 60 minute effort on a consistant basis. The young players have something to play for and at least they seem to care.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
I am pretty sure Penguin fans are pretty happy now with Crosby and Malkin instead of lost pride in a few meaningless games years ago.

This team lost its pride weeks ago...time to think about the future..short term pain for long term gain.
Who cares what Penguin fans are happy with? There is a reason why I think that franchise is a disgusting excuse for a franchise. If there was a god they would have been relocated.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Who cares what Penguin fans are happy with? There is a reason why I think that franchise is a disgusting excuse for a franchise. If there was a god they would have been relocated.
Do u hate the team or the city? I'm trying to figure it out lol.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
herashak

Quote:
at the end of the day its still a game

Old
04-19-2013, 12:17 AM
MarkGio

Quote:
Only losers with zero pride play to tank.

No professional athlete got where they are without having a desire to win. No coach has ever been hired without a desire to win. No manager has ever reached their position without a desire to win.

Teams intentionally losing is a rarity in professional sports because it's against everything that is in an athlete's nature.
What about the 2006 Swedes? They deliberately lost a game in order to win the gold medal. Had they not lost to the Czechs, they would've faced Canada or Russia.

And those are some of the best athletes in the world. Their nature is to win, where it counts.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
What about the 2006 Swedes? They deliberately lost a game in order to win the gold medal. Had they not lost to the Czechs, they would've faced Canada or Russia.

And those are some of the best athletes in the world. Their nature is to win, where it counts.

HEY! STOP ENCOURAGING THEM!

You're supposed to be stopping the bickering not pouring gasoline on it!

Old
04-19-2013, 05:21 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post

It's still disgusting. To me is makes their win a joke. The nature is to always win, obviously you have never been a high level athlete.

Old
04-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Do u hate the team or the city? I'm trying to figure it out lol.
I hate the franchise and the fans.

I have made it pretty clear in the past, it's not difficult to tell. I hate any franchise that has knowingly lost games on purpose. I hate Lemieux because I think he is a crybaby who disrespected the game. And I dislike the fans, quite frankly you can visit any Penguins trade thread and you will understand why.

I have nothing against the city itself.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
It's still disgusting. To me is makes their win a joke. The nature is to always win, obviously you have never been a high level athlete.
Their nature is to win championships, a lot of athletes will tell you that losing one game to win a championship is worth it every day of the week. Obviously you have never been a high level athlete, see I can do it too.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 413
Clearly this thread has run its course.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
MarkGio

Quote:
Wow. Is that really obvious? Or are you RESORTING to belittlement because that's the only weapon you got?

So where does it stop? When Crosby's doing a charity scrimmage with kids, should he desire to win, as a high level athlete? Should he bulldoze little 5yr olds and cross check little johnny off his feet?

Why are NHL players having fun during the AllStar game rather than playing physical, slapping the puck and dropping the gloves?

How come some players choose not to use steroids? Shouldn't they do whatever it takes to win? Eye of the tiger, grab the bull by the horns, all that high level athletic rhetoric.

I think each athlete is different, high level or not.

Closed Thread