HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**** everyone.

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Habs_Apostle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I can't believe facing those same Penguins with Crosby and Malkin and Neal in the lineup..that's just plain absurd. Who are we missing?
The 2013 Montreal Canadiens. Because, for the life of me, I don't know who these guys I'm watching are.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Therrien basically blamed the loss on the D.
Drewiske, Bouillon and Gorges were terrible.

Markov was not good.

Subban was solid and Weber played well.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
An exploitation role with heavy offensive zone starts that is not even a true 1st line role is rushing a massively skilled rookie? News to me. Nugent-Hopkins had to deal with worse....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Very true. He does not need to feel the weight of the team losing on his shoulders. No one can blame it on him right now.
This kid has all the potential in the world. Why are we sheltering him when time and time again he looks ready to be unleashed? If he struggles, then you pull back his minutes somewhat and help him work through it. However, we need offense and Galchenyuk is who could provide it. Give him a chance to gel with Pacioretty and reunite with Gallagher, the latter of whom is on our second line. Why haven't we sheltered him?

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Who says that not losing him wouldn't mean the same results? Was it preferable to lose Subban instead? The big deal is that this defense was average including Emelin. He got worse 'cause we lost him, but a better defense would have overcome a Emelin loss.
Are you blind? What's the record with Emelin in the lineup and the record without him?
And why do you mention Subban who is actually our best defensman? Just because you are trying to prove your point?

LOL

Old
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe people are even talking about this. The team has been playing like crap and gotten blown out in three games in a row, but god forbid PK does one act of trolling.
'Cause this is called a GDT and a PGT and we're talking about specific subjects. I could keep posting how the D sucks, not sure though that it wouldn't be repetitive. ANd I'm pretty sure we're dissecting every piece of that team that doesn't work.

Yeah that's frustration. But when other teams do that on us, we don't care about our frustration and we found a way to talk about their gestures but hey....let's not talk about ours.

Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Momentum is key prior to the playoffs. People trying to downplay this aren't facing reality. True that there's some time to turn it around.....but they have to do it quickly. Yet, this defense is what it is. Before, now, and later. Will not improve this year.
People who thought we'd get through a full regular season (even a 48 game regular season) without a significant slump and some adversity aren't facing reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
But the sky is falling!
It sure is! After a lockout and such a surprisingly good season, it's great to see our fan base hasn't forgotten how to be suicidal lunatics when things don't go our way for a few days.

Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Gionta, DD, and Gallagher have all been unproductive on the PP. I wouldn't mind them getting switched in and out with Eller, Prust, and Galchenyuk.

But the DD hate is getting ridiculous and unlike you who makes valid points about the PP, tons are just hating to hate.
I personally do not hate Desharnais and was firmly in his corner when Gomez was around. But Desharnais has more than worn out his welcome with me. I do not like ineffective players, and he has been ineffective for far too long.

Old
speed11

shades of 2009 when we got lambasted 5-2, 6-2, 7-2.

and then losing the last 4 games of the season backing into the playoffs and getting swept by boston.

defense running around with their heads cut off and goalies can't stop a beachball.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Sabres win!! We're still in 2nd!

Old
04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Markov was not good.

Yes Gorges, despite probably being our worst player, lead the team in ice time. Only Markov and his pinches came close. The one other player to break 20 mintues? Frankie Bou Bou.

Meanwhile, Subban played 16 minutes. Which is less than Plekanec and Prust, and 8 seconds more than big, bad Desharnais.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
If true, we've got a MUCH bigger problem than just losing him. As I said, even when we were winning, that defense was never that great.
LOL...we were actually winning games

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Galchenyuk is being stashed because he's an 18-year-old rookie. He's playing well. They are grooming him for the future, not throwing him to the wolves like we usually do when we rush guys.
He should be ready to take DD's spot in the top 6 in 4 years when DD's contact ends..

Sabres win in the SO. Nice gesture at the end from both teams..

Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
This kid has all the potential in the world. Why are we sheltering him when time and time again he looks ready to be unleashed? If he struggles, then you pull back his minutes somewhat and help him work through it. However, we need offense and Galchenyuk is who could provide it. Give him a chance to gel with Pacioretty and reunite with Gallagher, the latter of whom is on our second line. Why haven't we sheltered him?
My statement agrees with yours. I do not believe Galchenyuk needs much more sheltering anymore. He's getting close to being ready, and giving him only 9:45 is unacceptable.

Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I'm super happy this is happening now,honestly best thing for Habs.
Everyone here gotta stop the freaking out...we got a playoff spot, been a Tough season with all these games in such a tight time frame....Jan 19 to April 27 =48 games,....

Again most nobody was expecting habs to even make playoffs,so this team exceeded the expectation huge..

Stop crapping on our players ok,it is just stupid.

Nobody gave Habs a chance the year they stumbled in,and got to Round 3.....we only won 3 of out last ten games that year....

Anyways take a chill ,stop the stupid insults on our players
I agree with this.

I'm not worried just yet. But it would be nice to win against TB because the caps are red hot and we'll have lost 4 which would be a bad situation to play Was.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Top Corner2

we tumblin'

Old
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:

Markov was not good.

Agreed. Weber struggled somewhat in the first, but based on the whole game, I'd accredit that to rust more than anything else. Maybe I'm alone in this but I feel we should split up Gorges and Subban. I'd sit either Drewiske or Bouillon for Tinordi or Beaulieu and go with:

Markov - Weber
Tinordi/Beaulieu - Subban
Gorges - Bouillon/Drewiske

Old
04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
rumple03

I don't post here often, usually just lurk, but I can tell from many of the comments when this team loses or goes in a slump, and the drama queens come out of the wood work, that they likely never played the game of hockey at a competitive level in their life.

Unfortunately the majority of Habs fan are two faced drama queens with a slight case of bipolar disorder. There is no other team in major sports who's fan base turn on their team as quickly as Habs fans do.

For all of you in a panic, put your purses down, uncross your legs, remove your high heels and relax. This year wasn't "our year" to win the cup, this is the year a group of young, hungry, inexperienced players gets a chance to experience playoff hockey. If they get past the 1st round, it's a huge accomplishment, if they stretch the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games, and even more fantastic accomplishment, and anything beyond that is just a Cinderella story.

You lose as a team and you win as a team, and you can't win as a team when the entire team playing in front of the goalies is missing plays, reading plays wrong, leaving guys unchecked, not taking away passing lanes, and having complete defensive breakdowns. Were there some bad goals that Price and Buds would normally stop in the last 3 games, absolutely, but to put the entire blame on goal tending, or DD, or Georges for a loss is pure stupidity and shows you either have no hockey IQ at all, or you just like to complain in general.

They will bounce back, every team in the league aside form the power house teams like Pit and Chi etc... will go through a slump during a season. Ours is just happening a little close to the payoffs, but better now than at the start of the playoffs. They have 4-5 games left to work on getting back to where they were. They shows some guts and heart popping 4 goals tonight. This might just be the game they need to get back on track.

Chill out ladies.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:21 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post

and then losing the last 4 games of the season backing into the playoffs and getting swept by boston.

defense running around with their heads cut off and goalies can't stop a beachball.
It was different.

In 2009 we lost Markov and some other key components. It was a foregone conclusion we would get destroyed.

If Subban got injured (touch wood), that would be more like it.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
My statement agrees with yours. I do not believe Galchenyuk needs much more sheltering anymore. He's getting close to being ready, and giving him only 9:45 is unacceptable.
Whoops, meant to quote Hawkeye there.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Desharnais is also +2. In a game in which we allowed 6 goals, why is he the one getting the blame?
Because that's the way it is here in HFB land.
A loss is always because of DD...no matter what.
Welcome to the haters club.

Seriously he was far from being the worst forward tonight...very far.
He was actually the best one in the 3rd.

Our problem right now is goaltending and defense.

On the 1st goal it was absurd how the D's were backing up.
We're backing up and are really soft...way too soft.
We miss Emelin really bad.

We have to win tomorrow's game. NO EXCUSE...it's the freaking Lightning.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Are you blind? What's the record with Emelin in the lineup and the record without him?
And why do you mention Subban who is actually our best defensman? Just because you are trying to prove your point?

LOL
Great. Let's use the smaller sample ever to try to prove your point. And the point is that we don't have the depth. At one point, the Sens lost Karlsson, and they kept winning. So at one point, on a small sample, the record WITHOUT Karlsson, was just as good if not better. And I use Subban's name ''cause the way you talk about it, and make NO REFERENCE of the depth, seems like you're talking as if we lost our best d-man. As if we would have lost Subban.

Losing Emelin does hurt but MOSTLY because the depth isn't there. Not because Emelin was so great when we lost him 'cause he wasn't. But it tells you a lot about the depth while a struggling Emelin is still better than 4 of the regular d-men that we have.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post

Except that we barely made the playoffs that year. We've been great all year and now we've hit a rut. This team is miles ahead of that team. Relax.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yes Gorges, despite probably being our worst player, lead the team in ice time. Only Markov and his pinches came close. The one other player to break 20 mintues? Frankie Bou Bou.

Meanwhile, Subban played 16 minutes. Which is less than Plekanec and Prust, and 8 seconds more than big, bad Desharnais.
Subban should be playing 25+ minutes every night. Even with a couple of penalties tonight 16 minutes for your best player is still unacceptable. Who coaches the defense? JJ?

Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Sabres win!! We're still in 2nd!
That's funny. Boston doesn't want it either.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Subban should be playing 25+ minutes every night. Even with a couple of penalties tonight 16 minutes for your best player is still unacceptable. Who coaches the defense? JJ?
JJ supposedly is the defense and PK coach and the latter alone casts him in suspicion, but isn't it the head coach who usually manages player usage during the game? Either way the usage of the defense has not always been rational this year.

Closed Thread