Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay2 View Post
Disagree. The Bruins played their best game in many.

People wanted this, for obvious reasons, to be *the* turning point. So the disappointment is understandable, but just because you don't win doesn't mean that some good things didn't occur. That was a hard fought, Playoff style hockey game.

The Sabres aren't going to lie down -- just because.

Let it be a reminder to all. I ain't easy. Many teams are separated by a thread. And the Bruins don't have the only tough team in the National Hockey League.

Let's be measured and accurate about this.

Was Horton the scapegoat here in this game?

Not in this one.

Did the team back down from anything?

Who saw that? It was a one goal hockey game. Playoff hockey. They called them on on several occasions, but didn't get a bite

Did the Bruins get out hit?

Yes, and that may happen from time to time, but again, if we expect to be the only tough team on the ice at all times, then prepare to live a frustrated life.

Good hockey game last night. A decent effort. If we're going to analyze, as we are want to do, then lets be measured and concise about it.
Given what this team has been through recently, I would have much rather them say **** this and start a line brawl after Scott roughed up Jagr. They had the last change yet did nothing.

Its not that they lost, its that they got emasculated again by a team they used to push around but are afraid of now.

I don't think its fan entitlement to have everyone talking about Boston Strong, then letting another team rough up your best players with no response.

Last edited by Morris Wanchuk: 04-18-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old
04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Spoon fed

I thought Krecji was a mess last night. Looked like he was trying too hard. "Squeezing the stick to hard". I still want to see more of him with Jagr, but he was an absolute mess.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Still View Post
I thought Krecji was a mess last night. Looked like he was trying too hard. "Squeezing the stick to hard". I still want to see more of him with Jagr, but he was an absolute mess.
It's only a regular season game though.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Still View Post
Whole team is, and has been that way this season, tis the reason why we consistently see guys try and make those perfect tic tac passes, giving up clear scoring chances

Old
04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
zman

Boston was overall the better team last night so i don't think you all should have much to worry about. The Sabres have been winning some games lately with really good goaltending by Enroth and Miller (except for the home Montreal debacle). Anyway, great show last night by Boston in general, standing up and being proud. I also noticed the two clubs did not engage in any one on one fights. Usually with John Scott and Kaleta out there, a fight or two between Boston and Buffalo is an automatic. I wonder if they did not fight out of respect for the moment?

Old
04-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Krejci was a mess last night...it seemed like he was trying too hard to impress Jagr

Friday's game should be exciting....we need a W.

04-18-2013, 08:34 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
After a night to sleep on it, some observations:

- Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin didn't miss a beat. Best line on the ice all night, each one of them should have had a couple points.

- Bergeron and Marchand looked awesome. This team looks so much better with them in the lineup, and rightly so.

- Paille should be the odds-on favorite for the 7th Player Award. He has been a treat to watch this season. I'd go to war with him any day.

- Chris Kelly looks a lot better post-injury, and his chemistry with Paille is palpable. Keep them together.

- Khudobin deserved better. Love what this guy brings as a "backup" to Tuukka.

- Haven't been a huge Ferknuckle guy this year, but I felt bad for him last night. You could tell he really wanted to win that game, and he got screwed by that ******* rule.

- Horton/Lucic - yeesh. When are these two going to check in?

- Jagr played pretty well, and that shift with Bergeron in OT was a treat to watch.

- Team's fully healthy, time for Gregory Campbell to go back to 4th line duty now. You did admirably, kid.

Can we please see this Friday?

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Krejci - Jagr
Paille - Kelly - Horton
Lucic - Campbell - Peverley

Old
04-18-2013, 08:34 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Boston was overall the better team last night so i don't think you all should have much to worry about. The Sabres have been winning some games lately with really good goaltending by Enroth and Miller (except for the home Montreal debacle). Anyway, great show last night by Boston in general, standing up and being proud. I also noticed the two clubs did not engage in any one on one fights. Usually with John Scott and Kaleta out there, a fight or two between Boston and Buffalo is an automatic. I wonder if they did not fight out of respect for the moment?
Chara invited Kaleta to drop em if not mistaken.....invitation declined

Old
04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Chara invited Kaleta to drop em if not mistaken.....invitation declined
So just leave it at that?

He must have stolen the Code book from Thornton before the game.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
So just leave it at that?

He must have stolen the Code book from Thornton before the game.
Someone should've gone after Kaleta...not Jagr himself. Mind you, Jagr did throw a few big hits on him in the 3rd!

Old
04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

Quote:

People wanted this, for obvious reasons, to be *the* turning point. So the disappointment is understandable, but just because you don't win doesn't mean that some good things didn't occur. That was a hard fought, Playoff style hockey game.

Let it be a reminder to all. I ain't easy. Many teams are separated by a thread. And the Bruins don't have the only tough team in the National Hockey League.

Not in this one.

Who saw that? It was a one goal hockey game. Playoff hockey. They called them on on several occasions, but didn't get a bite

Yes, and that may happen from time to time,
but again, if we expect to be the only tough team on the ice at all times, then prepare to live a frustrated life.

Good hockey game last night. A decent effort. If we're going to analyze, as we are want to do, then lets be measured and concise about it.
Prollem is, it happens time and time again. The Bruins get out-hit every single game.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
beaverjc

Quote:

Not in this one.

Yes, and that may happen from time to time, but again, if we expect to be the only tough team on the ice at all times, then prepare to live a frustrated life.

I agree on all your points. My point is it shouldnt have been a "decent" effort. It should have been a Game 7 lay it on all the line whatever it &(*^&(# takes effort. Not some regular mail it in crap. Buffalo wasnt going to lay down - you make them lay down. You dont get out hit. You find a way to win. Period.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:48 AM
nazartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Cup2013 View Post
No way they sit Lucic out yet. I think it would be good to see what our full playoff lineup will be then you can afford to sit looch the last few games maybe, next game is all about gettin the w and showing what our full lineup can do against the Pens so heres what i go with...
I disagree. It's like training a puppy - punishing later has no effect but confusion. He was useless in that game - sit his ass. With playoff berth clinched and five games remaining it's a good time to send a message to certain choice individuals that they need to step up.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
On a hockey note: has Hamilton been seeing such limited minutes all year thus far? Aside from Redden, his minutes were significantly lower than the other four.
Only lately. Claude Julien said the kid needs some rest so he's been scratched twice and is keeping his minutes down.

Hamilton is definitely a keeper, just have to be careful he doesn't hit the rookie wall too hard.

Last edited by BMC: 04-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old
04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I despise the shootout.
Me too. They need to get rid of it.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM
CDJ

The hit on Jagr was clean. We challenged Kaleta, he declined. Such is life, move along, don't take a ******** retaliatory penalty on a clean hit (if we had I'm sure we would have people *****ing about playing undisciplined too)

Old
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Someone should've gone after Kaleta...not Jagr himself. Mind you, Jagr did throw a few big hits on him in the 3rd!
While I agree, I think Chara did, and Ference & Boychuk both nailed him pretty good. Chara also set him up in the defensive zone holding the puck so he could throw him into the boards when he tried to line him up.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
The hit on Jagr was clean. We challenged Kaleta, he declined. Such is life, move along, don't take a ******** retaliatory penalty on a clean hit (if we had I'm sure we would have people *****ing about playing undisciplined too)
If there is anything this place is sympathetic towards, it is taking extra penalties to prove a point.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Me too. They need to get rid of it.
It's funny, because we have a great record in the shootout (I think anyway) But I despise it too. I almost want to shut the game off after overtime, but begrudgingly stick it out!!

Old
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
It's funny, because we have a great record in the shootout (I think anyway) But I despise it too. I almost want to shut the game off after overtime, but begrudgingly stick it out!!
It is a gimmick. Call me a hockey purist but I don't want a gimmick to decide a game.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:10 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
It is a gimmick. Call me a hockey purist but I don't want a gimmick to decide a game.
TBH honest when I 1st started to become a fan a few years ago I loved the SO. Now that I'm hardcore fan and actually understand the game more I find it a sorry excuse of a way to end a hard fought hockey game.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:

Not in this one.

not what I hear.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:25 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
The problem is why are our top guys continually lined up and laid out?

This does not happen as consistently anywhere else. I watch enough hockey to know this as fact. If their Kaleta is lining up Jagr, then our Thornton or 4th line Lucic needs to line up their Vanek. It's a major problem. It got so bad, their goon started roughing up Jagr...really? this team bent over and took it, like they normally do vs the tougher teams in the East now. They better find their physical confidence soon because primetime is coming up.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I agree on all your points. My point is it shouldnt have been a "decent" effort. It should have been a Game 7 lay it on all the line whatever it &(*^&(# takes effort. Not some regular mail it in crap. Buffalo wasnt going to lay down - you make them lay down. You dont get out hit. You find a way to win. Period.
The team got a standing ovation, and we absolutely dominating at times. Had they popped a couple of those, and not shot straight at Miller's crest, this thread wouldn't look like this.

Concerns about Lucic are real. Concerns about this team exist, hell, the Coach said so himself, right. I agree.

For whatever reason, this team isn't playing the game it started with earlier this year.

Watch the next couple of games and see if I am right or wrong about a possible corner being turned.

Can they up their game? With the depth on this team, and veteran leadership, I say of coarse they can.

Is there time? Yes.

Are they 2nd in the East? Yes

Can we go deep in real season? Yes

Was last night an awful performance? No

Did Horton suck? No

Is this team still tough? As tough as any.

Are people over-reacting about one game? Always, good or bad

Do the Bruins need to be better? For sure.

Well, that pretty much sums it up for me. Lets see what the next 2-3 games bring, and we'll talk again. I can be wrong. And I can be right, but it'll probably be somewhere down the middle. It usually is.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:35 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
I agree about the fighting. I think the NHL passed the word to players, coaches and refs that there
was to be no extra curricular violence. Scott was docile compared to other Bs games.

Closed Thread