Bruins lose 3-2 in shoot out to Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Someone should've gone after Kaleta...not Jagr himself. Mind you, Jagr did throw a few big hits on him in the 3rd!
They weren't going to let fights breakout last night. Was obvious to me.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:09 AM
vjcsmoke

AWFUL letup in the waning minutes of the 3rd period. This game should have been ours but we give up a stupid penalty and then a ppg. Bruins looked clueless in the 4 on 4 OT. And why for goodness sake isn't Jagr one of our 3 penalty shooters? We came up very small in the shootout. Khudobin stopped the 1st two but our guys couldn't score a lick. No clutch whatsoever. Can this be fixed??

Old
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Hamilton Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
AWFUL letup in the waning minutes of the 3rd period. This game should have been ours but we give up a stupid penalty and then a ppg. Bruins looked clueless in the 4 on 4 OT. And why for goodness sake isn't Jagr one of our 3 penalty shooters? We came up very small in the shootout. Khudobin stopped the 1st two but our guys couldn't score a lick. No clutch whatsoever. Can this be fixed??
Ahhh, come on. That was an obtuse penalty resulting from a 50-50 play. It wasn't deliberate. Did it lead to the tying goal? Sure, but the PK played alright for the better part of the penalty. I think the 4-4 squad looked good and aggressive. But for some weak puck movement, that happened incidentally, they looked alright. Not as much Chicken Little as you're making it out to be.

Over-clutch, maybe.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
That was a game Dave Lewis would be proud of.

Bruins got pushed around in their own building, on an emotional night.

The fact they regularly played Scott against Krejci and Jagr shows the Bruins have no match for him and are scared.

Glad games vs. the Sabres are over... what a let down this year.
There is a slight chance the Sabres could make the playoffs and upset the Pens.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
yeah we even saw you on TV, at least someone mentioned it was you
Maybe ? How exciting to see an old lady on TV.

I brought several photos of Martin Richard and 4 of us wore them last night. It was a photo of that beautiful little guy at the last B's game....his last game. Breaks my heart. I know wearing that photo didn't really help anyone but I wanted to honor that little guy as his death has really bothered me (as all of the folks who lost lives or limbs did).

Many at the game knew who he was.

I haven't slept much this week and am looking forward to getting home from work , getting a book and curling up on the couch with my cats....and maybe a glass of wine.

I am a terrible sap. I didn't know anyone who was directly affected by those killers but feel terrible. It was nice to see folks go to the game .

One of my sisters ( I have two) called and told me not to go to the game as she was afraid there might be another incident. ...I told her "screw that". I am not going to live in a cave. That is what these horrible people want. Screw them. I hope they die very soon (yes I am a terrible person).

04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I despise the shootout.
Me too. It is so lame.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post

I brought several photos of Martin Richard and 4 of us wore them last night. It was a photo of that beautiful little guy at the last B's game....his last game. Breaks my heart. I know wearing that photo didn't really help anyone but I wanted to honor that little guy as his death has really bothered me (as all of the folks who lost lives or limbs did).

I haven't slept much this week and am looking forward to getting home from work , getting a book and curling up on the couch with my cats....and maybe a glass of wine.

I am a terrible sap. I didn't know anyone who was directly affected by those killers but feel terrible. It was nice to see folks go to the game .

One of my sisters ( I have two) called and told me not to go to the game as she was afraid there might be another incident. ...I told her "screw that". I am not going to live in a cave. That is what these horrible people want. Screw them. I hope they die very soon (yes I am a terrible person).
I DVR'd the pregame and the game, and I'm watching the pregame now. You were in the opening, with your picture of Martin.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I DVR'd the pregame and the game, and I'm watching the pregame now. You were in the opening, with your picture of Martin.
Looked for you on the T platform last night.

You were at the game.. right ?

Seeing Everett Mike made my night. What an outstanding young man. I know he has had a difficult year but he made me smile .

Old
04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Seeing Everett Mike made my night. What an outstanding young man. I know he has had a difficult year but he made me smile .
I was there, I didn't go home right away as I usually do thought. My sister was also at the game with her boyfriend so I met up with her for a drink after the game.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:11 PM
northeastern

Bruins regularly got run last night with zero response. In starting to get use to it.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:

You are not a terrible person for wanting evil to die!

Old
04-18-2013, 01:13 PM
sooshii
SISU

I posted this earlier in the "articles" thread, but it should be here too:

First responders to Boston bombings get relief, postgame beers from grateful Bruins

Quote:
For a while they talked, the first responders and the hockey players who had volunteered to come meet them. They talked about hockey. One posed in a fighter's pose with several of the men. They laughed. They told stories.

"I can't get my mind off the incident," Doyle said. "But as soon as I found out I was going to the game [Wednesday afternoon] I was like: 'Yeah!'"

Finally someone asked for the room to be silent. An invitation was made. Some of the players wanted to buy the first responders a beer. The EMTs and police and firemen cheered. Plans were made. A bar a couple blocks from the TD Garden was selected. Slowly the gathering broke up. The room emptied. And the hockey players and the first responders headed out for the night.

Just a bunch of regular guys who had done incredible things on the most surreal week

Old
04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Apologies if this has been asked already but can someone tell me the song used in the Tribute video before the game?

Much appreciated. Thanks.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
I posted this earlier in the "articles" thread, but it should be here too:

First responders to Boston bombings get relief, postgame beers from grateful Bruins
That story is 150% awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan12 View Post
Apologies if this has been asked already but can someone tell me the song used in the Tribute video before the game?

Home by Phillip Phillips. Was also used a lot during the last summer Olympics coverage.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:

"Home" by Phillip Phillips.

Better quality video at NBC Sports or on the Bruins' page.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:

Old
04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Thank you guys for the response.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:26 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
TBH honest when I 1st started to become a fan a few years ago I loved the SO. Now that I'm hardcore fan and actually understand the game more I find it a sorry excuse of a way to end a hard fought hockey game.
I think most hard core fans either dislike it or are neutral about it. IMO it was put in to get the casual fan interested.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:28 PM
sooshii
SISU

Ference just credited Vanek with coming up with the salute idea. Passed word through their trainer. (Marek vs Wysh)

Old
04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ference just credited Vanek with coming up with the salute idea. Passed word through their trainer. (Marek vs Wysh)

He likes Boston and he kills us on the ice. The only logical next step is to sign him or trade for him.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Last two games they got the flow back into their games, dominated but Peters and Miller stole the games. That happens. Rask and Kudo did it as well for us this year. Wonder why some just can't see it.

Bruins played well yesterday. It was also the FIRST game with everybody healthy since Jagr acquisition so it's a step in the right direction. Add the Yeti, McQuaid and Rask from yesterday lineup and you have your 2013 playoffs series roster.

And that's a roster that has way more chances to play late June than going "one and done" like some are wrongly suggesting...
In a 7 game series the B's would eventually get to Miller.I agree with your post.This team has a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
I love Vanek, dating back to his University of Minnesota days. Doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that. He's a great, humble kid...even as a Bruin killer.

Old
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:

I feel awful too. I have not slept much. I have not watched any of the TV coverage- I just can't do it. My neck muscles are still knotted up but my stomach is calmer- probably due to all the Maalox tablets I've swallowed lol.

I'm proud of everyone who went to the game last night. That took courage and strength. And the National Anthem singing was very moving. IMO the only thing that comes close to it was in 1991 at Chicago Stadium during the NHL All-Star game. The Persian Gulf War was on and everybody there sang their hearts out just like you guys did.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:

wait....what?
Thats not Mike in his avatar?

All this time I thought I was talking to a grumpy old ******* like myself.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
YzerGuy
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I think most hard core fans either dislike it or are neutral about it. IMO it was put in to get the casual fan interested.
Well it worked on me so that's something.

Closed Thread