HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  #126
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
LOL you're asking me if I'm real after I said Moen can fight? What's wrong with you? Did you watch hockey last year? Of course he can fight... just because he has only fought a couple of times this year, it doesn't mean he can't, and especially doesn't mean he's not good at it.

And dude pay attention, I was saying Moen was second in hits, not Armstrong. You don't even know what you're talking about any more.
You pay attention, I was talking about Armstrong and YOU QUOTED me. I never talked about Moen.

It's even you that wanted to know why I think Armstrong suck.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why do you think Armstrong sucks? I'm genuinely curious. Before his injury, he was getting consistent scoring opportunities and even displayed some solid hands. He was winning board battles and killed penalties as well.

When regarding him as a fourth liner, what's not to like?
and I replied
Quote:
can't score, can't hit, can't fight, can't agitate, skate slower than Laraque, etc.....


Last edited by bud12: 04-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.
bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
  #127
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien View Post
I'm am so tired of Moen this and Moen that. Moen has proven to be a clutch scorer in the post season



What type of player did we wish to acquire at the deadline? A "Clowe" type player? Ott or maybe even Morrow. Penalty killing grit, not afraid to drop the gloves etc etc.

Heh, I love this brilliant fanbase hoping to get a Brian Boyle type & in the same breath discuss how to trade Moen, a player who fits the mould of what we needed.

Moen's success in the league WAS being that type of player, but this season hes been invisible. When Emelin went down. A player like Moen should have elevated his game and tried to take on some of that role that this team so clearly misses. Moen IMO has little heart and compete.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:10 AM
  #128
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,231
vCash: 500
Guys! (and girls!)...I totally understand why Moen is not liked at all this season and agree with his recent benching (about time!), but...we really need him to play in game 1 of the playoffs.

We need the real warrior-Moen to show up...if not...he gets benched again and the coaching staff should let him have it.

But...we have to hope that he understands that we really need the old Moen to come back. He had lots of heart, smart strong gritty defensive play, and he was a true warrior.

We need that Moen to come back...because when he plays like a true warrior he is a VERY solid 3rd line or at worst a solid 4th line player. He was amazing for Anaheim on the 3rd line...we need that Moen and then we're in business.

Go Moen Go! (please come back to the former self/warrior that you can be).


Our D-corps needs the depth that our forward core currently has (no order):
Pleks
Pacioretty
Gionta
Ryder
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Bourque
Eller
Prust
Desharnais
Moen/Armstrong
Armstrong/Moen
Halpern
White

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:29 AM
  #129
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,017
vCash: 500
Moen is fine, I hope he isn't in the dog house, but being rested for what's coming. Not dressing Moen when the games matter the most would be a mistake imo. He's definitely one of 12 best forwards, both from a toughness/defensively responsible outlook.

Posters overlook the subtle things Moen does every game on the pk ect. He's not some goon to run around and instigate fights, never has been, he's a guy who will drop them when he has to and hold his own.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
  #130
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,671
vCash: 500
I hope Moen took notes last night of what a 4th line should look like. Halpern, Pruster, and Armydog were phenomenal. Setting the tone every time they were on the ice, generating scoring opportunities, taking the body.

Moen, like Pacioretty, needs to find himself again.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:52 AM
  #131
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You pay attention, I was talking about Armstrong and YOU QUOTED me. I never talked about Moen.

It's even you that wanted to know why I think Armstrong suck.....

and I replied
You're totally right! I deserve that head shake. I was discussing Moen with HiggsBozon and I guess I thought you were talking about Moen as well.

...And I said YOU weren't paying attention

Anyways, Armstrong is a pretty solid fourth liner in my opinion. He may not fight or hit as often, but he goes to the dirty areas and wins many of his battles. He's smart on the puck and generates his own scoring opportunities. He kills penalties for our team.

Not every fourth liner's job is to be a physical force out there, and I think Armstrong plays his fourth line role rather well. Why do you think he is a poor fourth liner when he can do all that? Like I said, we can't expect all the boys to play like Brandon Prust

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
  #132
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
You're totally right! I deserve that head shake. I was discussing Moen with HiggsBozon and I guess I thought you were talking about Moen as well.

...And I said YOU weren't paying attention

Anyways, Armstrong is a pretty solid fourth liner in my opinion. He may not fight or hit as often, but he goes to the dirty areas and wins many of his battles. He's smart on the puck and generates his own scoring opportunities. He kills penalties for our team.

Not every fourth liner's job is to be a physical force out there, and I think Armstrong plays his fourth line role rather well. Why do you think he is a poor fourth liner when he can do all that? Like I said, we can't expect all the boys to play like Brandon Prust
because i think we can find someone who have the same "hockey skill" but with way more toughness... a guy like Haley could replace Armstrong easy

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:01 AM
  #133
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
because i think we can find someone who have the same "hockey skill" but with way more toughness... a guy like Haley could replace Armstrong easy
You really think Haley can replace Armstrong? The guy hasn't even played a full NHL season yet, and he's 27. He has three points in his entire NHL career, which is very short.

Armstrong has had two 40-point seasons, and 4 seasons with more than 20 points. If you're looking for production, Haley certainly doesn't replace Armstrong. Haley seems more like a liability. His only role seems to be a tough guy, which would not really fit the Habs' game at all.

We have an effective fourth liner who can pass, score and kill penalties. I think that's better than a one-dimensional player like Haley.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM
  #134
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I hope Moen took notes last night of what a 4th line should look like. Halpern, Pruster, and Armydog were phenomenal. Setting the tone every time they were on the ice, generating scoring opportunities, taking the body.

Moen, like Pacioretty, needs to find himself again.
I like MT's 4th line identity and strategy and I like Moen's chances for a rebound in the playoffs. Anyway having Moen, Dumont and White in reserve suggests we won't see Weber or Kaberle slotted in on the 4th line which is the sort of crap move we might have got from JM.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:00 AM
  #135
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I like MT's 4th line identity and strategy and I like Moen's chances for a rebound in the playoffs. Anyway having Moen, Dumont and White in reserve suggests we won't see Weber or Kaberle slotted in on the 4th line which is the sort of crap move we might have got from JM.
I would rest Plekky, Gionta and Ryder Saturday night, and play a 4th line of Moen, Dumont and White.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #136
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
You really think Haley can replace Armstrong? The guy hasn't even played a full NHL season yet, and he's 27. He has three points in his entire NHL career, which is very short.

Armstrong has had two 40-point seasons, and 4 seasons with more than 20 points. If you're looking for production, Haley certainly doesn't replace Armstrong. Haley seems more like a liability. His only role seems to be a tough guy, which would not really fit the Habs' game at all.

We have an effective fourth liner who can pass, score and kill penalties. I think that's better than a one-dimensional player like Haley.
Haley can definetly replace Armstrong right now. How much pts does Armstrong have this year? Haley played good for both, islanders and rangers when he was called up. It's only a mather of time before he become a full time 4th liner in the NHL. He's good on the pk, fast, he hit hard. And if it wasn't of Therrien, Armstrong would probably be in the AHL right now....

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
  #137
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I would rest Plekky, Gionta and Ryder Saturday night, and play a 4th line of Moen, Dumont and White.
White not back from suspension until playoff game one.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
  #138
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Haley can definetly replace Armstrong right now. How much pts does Armstrong have this year? Haley played good for both, islanders and rangers when he was called up. It's only a mather of time before he become a full time 4th liner in the NHL. He's good on the pk, fast, he hit hard. And if it wasn't of Therrien, Armstrong would probably be in the AHL right now....
Not really sure why you dislike Armstrong so much. He succeeded on the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Atlanta Thrashers... it isn't because of Therrien that he is in the NHL. Armstrong is a better two-way player than Haley, and I don't understand how you think Haley can replace Armstrong's production. That simply isn't the case and probably never will be. Armstrong has 5 points this year, but has had a plethora of scoring chances that he either created himself or created for others. Offensively, he is better than Haley, who has 3 points in his NHL career.

The only thing Haley brings that Armstrong doesn't is hitting/fighting. That is good and all, but Armstrong brings better play at both ends of the ice.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  #139
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
White not back from suspension until playoff game one.
Yesterday's game was not the fifth ? Yes it was. The Philly game was 6 games ago.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
  #140
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Yesterday's game was not the fifth ? Yes it was. The Philly game was 6 games ago.
Right, my mistake. Good that means more options for MT then. Doubt it will happen but wouldn't mind seeing White Sat as I said before if the leaf get dirty would rather put White on the ice than Pleks for example.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  #141
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,617
vCash: 883
I prefer Moen to Armstrong.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
  #142
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Not really sure why you dislike Armstrong so much. He succeeded on the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Atlanta Thrashers... it isn't because of Therrien that he is in the NHL. Armstrong is a better two-way player than Haley, and I don't understand how you think Haley can replace Armstrong's production. That simply isn't the case and probably never will be. Armstrong has 5 points this year, but has had a plethora of scoring chances that he either created himself or created for others. Offensively, he is better than Haley, who has 3 points in his NHL career.

The only thing Haley brings that Armstrong doesn't is hitting/fighting. That is good and all, but Armstrong brings better play at both ends of the ice.
I don't look what he did with Pittsburgh and the Thrashers because he's not the same anymore. Haley can easy replace the offensive production that Armstrong bring right now. And he can replace what Armstrong bring defensively because he's good on the pk. Go on the rangers board and offer them Armstrong for Haley. You will see that no one will want accept that

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
  #143
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I prefer Moen to Armstrong.
If you completely ignore the fighting thing, while I've been a fan of the little things Moen does, I think Army has been better than him at making the 4th line not just a dump it past the red line, line.

It's close though for me. Thing is, Armstrong is playing with more passion and efficacy right now and actually allows the 4th line to create chances. Moen was just chipping it by players. He was BRUTAL on the puck in our zone. Moen from the past, I agree, was a great guy to have for the playoffs and exactly why Gainey got him after ANA.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
  #144
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I prefer Moen to Armstrong.
I am indifferent to both but Armstrong is playing like he should (he can) , and not Moen.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
  #145
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 17,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I am indifferent to both but Armstrong is playing like he should (he can) , and not Moen.
Just by watching the Moen intervew yesterday I'm pretty darn sure that he got the message. I really hope that he and White play tomorrow just to see how they react after the last week. Rest Ryder, Halpern and Markov, then add the grit to not look stupid against the Leafs again.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  #146
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I prefer Moen to Armstrong.
Not this year.

Anyways, whenever the habs face their next adversity, moen will have a chance to come back in, and hopefully, it lights some fire in his ass. I think he is on his way. I saw some positive things from him in the last couple games before leaving the lineup, especially the way he took the puck to the net against the caps. That's the moen that the club needs, and that's the moen that is most effective.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
  #147
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 50
Pretty sure he will be back in playoff and he will be important

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  #148
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Pretty sure he will be back in playoff and he will be important
I don't even care if he's "important". I just want him to do his job and not look out of place. He can be solid, and I want him to be just "solid". Look like he wants to be there, actually go out of his way to hit or answer the bell, not just seem to be going through the motions.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
  #149
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,231
vCash: 500
If I'm the coach...I'm giving Moen a chance.

I hope he's in the lineup VS Toronto.

Toronto has a few classless goons like Orr (not all of them), so we need that size/grit (Moen) vs Toronto.

I just hope we see Moen-the-warrior when he finally comes back.

It's players like Prust, Moen that thrive in the playoffs...and we will need all the Prusts and Moens we can get. We just have to find a way to revive the old warrior-Moen.

It's a new season and many can prove their real worth (Gorges, Moen, Bouillon is also a playoff warrior...we will need him on the 3rd pairing for his huge heart/grit 'cause that's what playoffs are about...lots of heart and grit).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-27-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:26 PM
  #150
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,934
vCash: 500
To me it's a no brainer that he and White should be dressed tonight.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.