HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVIII - TWTW Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
His hands are definitely starting higher

Old
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

This Bulls game has been ugly. The Heat aren't even playing good, we're just not making any baskets.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
He didn't have to wait until now to start playing. He could have played a couple months ago, when he was still feeling like he is now, and the medical professionals said he needs to play to finish his recovery.
Where? I didn't see any doctor saying he needs to be playing, only said his knee is recovered from the surgery.

But I am glad that this board knows Roses body better them himself.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:11 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Where? I didn't see any doctor saying he needs to be playing, only said his knee is recovered from the surgery.

But I am glad that this board knows Roses body better them himself.
And how exactly do you know he's not just scared, and like every other athlete coming back from an injury? How are you so certain that he's not completely healed, and just scared to come back? I'm not saying that's the situation, I'm just arguing with all you people who are arguing for Rose, when there's more evidence against Rose at this point.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
And how exactly do you know he's not just scared, and like every other athlete coming back from an injury? How are you so certain that he's not completely healed, and just scared to come back? I'm not saying that's the situation, I'm just arguing with all you people who are arguing for Rose, when there's more evidence against Rose at this point.
Given his past, this is a guy who has played all out his whole career and given everything he has to his team and this city. When his own teammates have his back and given his past I am going to believe that then he is suddenly some coward or wuss as people are making him out to be.

Old
05-13-2013, 08:21 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I was always a fan of his, but to me he just seems scared to come back. He seems like a guy who doesn't feel like he's at 100% because he's not supposed to be at 100%, until he plays in a game or two and gains some confidence. It just seems like he thinks until he is better than before he left, he doesn't consider himself healed, and he will never be better than he was unless he gives it a shot. I could be wrong, but I think that's his thought process.

Also, you can't put much stock into what his teammates say. What are they gonna say in the middle of the season/playoffs? They can't out him in front of everyone. Again, I'm not saying they don't support him and have his back, but we wouldn't know how they truly feel until after the season.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really? That's all I kept hearing. That playing in real games was a massive part of the rehab.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Cullksinikers

The Cubs scored nine runs. The Bulls had nine third-quarter points.

Old
05-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

SPT, don't bother arguing with that crowd. And I'm not just referring to the fans on these boards. You're wasting your time.

Rose is right to be doing what he's doing - indeed, it shouldn't be necessary to even argue about it - but people are fickle/obtuse/selfish/take your pick of adjectives. Better off to just not make an effort arguing about it when the anti-Rose crowd will never change their minds anyway.

Tough game tonight for the Bulls. I was wrong to think they'd push it to 6... although of course I predicted that presuming that at least Hinrich would be back. Playing in the playoffs with a shell of the full roster is becoming the typical Bulls way to end every season.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

I'm not anti-Rose, I don't care either way. Just saying what I've heard reported and discussed everywhere the last few months.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Really? That's all I kept hearing. That playing in real games was a massive part of the rehab.
It's not, I tore my ACL, twice, and the rehab is just the rehab, once your done with it that's that. His knee is as strong as it was before the injury which is what the doctors job is there out of it. Now he had to get the rest of his body back into basketball shape because rehabbing an injury isn't anywhere close to getting ready for a season. Plus as you rehab you put extra stress and pressure on other parts of your body to make up for the lack of strength in that area and hurt other parts of your body.

When you finally are 100% healthy you want your first time back to be something a little light and easy so you can get a feel for your knee and start to trust it again. The NBA playoffs against the Miami Heat isn't easy or light and I don't blame Rose at all for not throwing himself out there like a sacrificial lamb just to appease people with 0 clue who turned on him.

Plus a few reporters brought up another good point, all the blame is on Rose, none is on the team. The Bulls are a Mash squad right now with how many people are out, why? Why can some teams make it through a season with little to no major injuries but the Bulls have half their starting line-up out of action? There are a few articles that you can find that show the list of Bulls injuries and how they where handled by the team and it's not pretty.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:31 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
It's not, I tore my ACL, twice, and the rehab is just the rehab, once your done with it that's that.
Must have forgot that you're also a pro basketball player and that your rehab is exactly the same as his.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Cullksinikers

My problem is that Derrick Rose is not injured. If you're medically cleared and need to finish off your rehab by playing, step out on the ice/court/field. That goes for anybody, not just elite players.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Cullksinikers

It's been clear for over a month that he isn't coming back. He best be ready by next year. If he chooses not to start the first game next year, he is going to catch an unbelievable amount of criticism from the pundits and fans.

If 17 months isn't enough, then there is something else major going on.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Must have forgot that you're also a pro basketball player and that your rehab is exactly the same as his.
Must of forgot everyone on this forum is a professional athlete, doctor, psychologist, and Derrick Rose closest personal friend and confidant.

As Chris Hansen said, no point in arguing with half this board who throws everyone under the bus the first chance they get for whatever reason they have.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:29 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Must of forgot everyone on this forum is a professional athlete, doctor, psychologist, and Derrick Rose closest personal friend and confidant.

As Chris Hansen said, no point in arguing with half this board who throws everyone under the bus the first chance they get for whatever reason they have.
Well...there is who seems to be the problem in all this to begin with. Dude needs to stop listening to his moron brother and other people he's taking crap advice from.

The bottom is complete nonsense, though. Man are you guys sensitive.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Plus a few reporters brought up another good point, all the blame is on Rose, none is on the team. The Bulls are a Mash squad right now with how many people are out, why? Why can some teams make it through a season with little to no major injuries but the Bulls have half their starting line-up out of action? There are a few articles that you can find that show the list of Bulls injuries and how they where handled by the team and it's not pretty.
Luol Deng got sick and had to have a spinal tap, that has nothing to do with major injuries. Hinrich is old and has a hurt calf. Other than that, the entire team is able to play, including Rose who has decided to not play.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:08 PM
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo

vCash: 2660
I love how well Luis Valbuena is playing if only to doom Ian Stewart's chances of ever playing in the MLB again.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Old
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
ColdSteel2

Should have had Rose in a suit.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:03 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Yeah, that would've been smart. I just stole it from somewhere.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Haha what a dumb picture. Chicago fans are so damn fickle

Old
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
ColdSteel2

Lol, there are other ones out there too.

Old
05-14-2013, 02:42 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I love how well Luis Valbuena is playing if only to doom Ian Stewart's chances of ever playing in the MLB again.
Stewart will play somewhere. He's got a bit of pop and a solid glove.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Illinihockey

If Arsenal wins on Sunday, Spurs don't make the Champions League and Bale likely leaves. I think Spurs could go crashing out of the top 5 without him and having to play in Europa.

Closed Thread