HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVIII - TWTW Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 09:14 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Noah, Deng, Boozer all are better this now then in 2011, meanwhile Wade is older and worse off. Plus guys like Butler and Robinson are better then any bench player we had in 2011.
deng is not better now, boozer is arguable but he's no spring chicken and also still has the same holes in his game. noah is maybe better, but i can't see him ever being the trump card. if we want to beat the heat we need a bonafide second scoring option and the way the team is built right now it will have to come from a good 2. if Houston hadn't ****ed us with the asik deal I'd be a lot more optimistic.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Boozer is clearly better than he was. It's even more clear for Noah, who has become one of the very best centers in the league.

I'd agree that Deng isn't any better (perhaps a bit worse, actually), but that's likely because he's been playing through that lingering wrist injury this year and apparently a thumb fracture as well.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Boozer is clearly better than he was. It's even more clear for Noah, who has become one of the very best centers in the league.

I'd agree that Deng isn't any better (perhaps a bit worse, actually), but that's likely because he's been playing through that lingering wrist injury this year and apparently a thumb fracture as well.
The first two are very true, this team doesn't even get by the Nets last year without Rose and Deng.

I have to disagree on Deng, this year his points, shooting steals, and assists all went up and he was especially improved on the stripe. The only area he really struggled at this year was the 3pt line but I think that had to do with the wrist.

If they can get some of the right bench guys to go with Butler, who I LOVE! Gibson and Teague they could be a really good team. Plus they can still amnesty Boozer after next year and use that space to go after a potential big FA and go with a Rose, FA, Deng Noah line up.

Wade is fading fast and LeBron might leave Miami in 2014 so the Bulls are set up nicely to compete with them and then replace them as the best team in the East.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:16 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Don't look now but the SOX have won 3 of 4 and are just 4 back.

Team can't even tank good.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post

Boozer is exactly the same player he was 2 years ago.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Don't look now but the SOX have won 3 of 4 and are just 4 back.

Team can't even tank good.
The Sox are going to have their annual May/June hot streak and then tank after the trade deadline as they also do annually.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Boozer is exactly the same player he was 2 years ago.
Offensively it's close but defensively it's not. Boozer was always considered a David Lee type player, can get you points and boards but is terrible in his own end. While he hasn't become KG v.2 he has become a much better defender thanks to Thibs. His overall game is much better now then when he arrived.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Offensively it's close but defensively it's not. Boozer was always considered a David Lee type player, can get you points and boards but is terrible in his own end. While he hasn't become KG v.2 he has become a much better defender thanks to Thibs. His overall game is much better now then when he arrived.
Boozer is still a bad defender. Was a bad defender 2 years ago, still is bad.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Illinihockey

Garza with another good rehab start last night, on his way to Chicago

Old
05-17-2013, 10:35 AM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
Boozer is a victim of comparison. He's surrounded by great defenders, yet he is average at best at it. It can definitely make him look worse.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

Watching the NBA Combine again today.

Considering that the Bulls need depth down low, I'd like to see them grab either Mason Plumlee, Jeff Withey or Richard Howell with their first rounder and Ryan Kelly with their 2nd. All of them pretty much fit with what we're looking for in some way, especially Kelly in the 2nd.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

A very timid last day in the PL with only the last CL spot to play for, the Champions and relegation battles are over.

Crazy though that it will be SAF last game ever and the teams that finished top 3 in the PL will all have new managers next year.

I really think Rafa and Mancini are getting shafted, both have lead their team to a CL spot, and both have won trophies recently. Imagine if United had the same quick trigger that these clubs have? It's why I think these clubs and others like PSG who just throw $ at a problem never last as top clubs only as long as they have the $.

Old
05-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
A very timid last day in the PL with only the last CL spot to play for, the Champions and relegation battles are over.

Crazy though that it will be SAF last game ever and the teams that finished top 3 in the PL will all have new managers next year.

I really think Rafa and Mancini are getting shafted, both have lead their team to a CL spot, and both have won trophies recently. Imagine if United had the same quick trigger that these clubs have? It's why I think these clubs and others like PSG who just throw $ at a problem never last as top clubs only as long as they have the $.
Rafa did get shafted but its Chelsea, they fired their manager the year after winning the FA Cup and the Champions League!

Also sounds like Reina is off to Barca

Old
05-19-2013, 11:11 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Koscielny! Arsenal lead early in the 2nd.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

That Bale goal was amazing, hope Spurs fans enjoyed it because it's likely the last time they will see him in a Spurs kit.

The United WBA game was a cracker and a half, WBA wasn't about to go down easy just cause it was SAF lat game.

Last edited by Sir Psycho T: 05-19-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old
05-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I heard no Hummels for Dortmund in the CL final. That would suck.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:41 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Greatest St. Totteringham's Day ever!!

Old
05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Not Now John
Oh, Darling!

vCash: 916
Doncaster, Bournemouth and Brentford are looking to go to the Championship next year. Swindon (family ties) should be close next year.

Old
05-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Illinihockey

So where does Bale end up? Madrid? That goal today was so sick

Old
05-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
So where does Bale end up? Madrid? That goal today was so sick
Depends, I think he goes to either United or Real with Ronaldo being the deciding factor. Word is Ronaldo is not too happy at Real right now and might go back to United and if he does Bale replaces him. If he stays I think United make a move for Bale.

I have a feeling United are going to make a big move this year to set up Moyes the best they can and Ronaldo or Bale will likely be that move.

PSG are said to be after Bale too but I don't see him going there, he has a chance to go to 1 of the 2 biggest clubs in the world and that's where he likely goes.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Depends, I think he goes to either United or Real with Ronaldo being the deciding factor. Word is Ronaldo is not too happy at Real right now and might go back to United and if he does Bale replaces him. If he stays I think United make a move for Bale.

I have a feeling United are going to make a big move this year to set up Moyes the best they can and Ronaldo or Bale will likely be that move.

PSG are said to be after Bale too but I don't see him going there, he has a chance to go to 1 of the 2 biggest clubs in the world and that's where he likely goes.
There's no chance Spurs would sell Bale in the league. I think Madrid is a likely destination.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Illinihockey

So is it time to start worrying about Starlin Castro? I expected a lot more out of him in his 4th year in the league. He still has no approach at the plate and isn't experiencing a surge in power.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

ZiPS and Steamer don't seem to think so.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:58 PM
madgoat33

he better get his **** together because he's on my fantasy team

Old
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
There's no chance Spurs would sell Bale in the league. I think Madrid is a likely destination.
There is if United make the best offer or if Bale says he is going to United period. Top players get moved within the same league all the time in Europe, it wouldn't be shocking at all if he goes to United if they make the best offer.

Closed Thread