HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 4: Rochester @ Hamilton, Apr 26th, 7:00pm EST

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Hainsy scores a little too late...still a chance....com on higgins

Old
04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
eddy

Well good season boys.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
x-bob

GAME OVER

final score....5-4

Old
04-26-2005, 08:42 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Higgins and Plekanec both had 6 points in 4 games. Solid contribution !

Both are NHL-ready, definetely.

Old
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I miss hockey..........................no hockey on tv till' the april 30th , what will I do?

****! At least, we'll Grabo and Kost.

Old
Crossroads*

I feel bad for Hab fans but this series just proves that Hab fans overrate their prospects.

Anyways, Hamilton had an excellent run for the last quarter of the season...

Old
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
If only we would have Perezhogin. Thanks alot Bob Langdon and Dave Andrews.

If only Komisarek and Miettinen had played 50 games each. We would have never faced the Amerks in round 1...

Old
04-26-2005, 08:43 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
I feel bad for Hab fans but this series just proves that Hab fans overrate their prospects.

???????

Old
04-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
???????
In my opinion, if the Hab farm system is as good as you say then they would not have gone down in 4.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
If only we would have Perezhogin. Thanks alot Bob Langdon and Dave Andrews.

If only Komisarek and Miettinen had played 50 games each. We would have never faced the Amerks in round 1...
I hear ya, but we both know that "what if's" mean squat!!

Lots of positives, just feels a bit empty right now with those bizarre 4 straight third periods.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:48 PM
x-bob

Quote:

Sure we overrate our prospects but be serious now. Higgins and Plekanec played very well during this series. Perezhogin and Grabovski had great seasons in Russia...if only they were here. Especially Perez. The only ones I'm really dissapointed in are the rookies but did you expect. Kost, Locke and Danis had good seasons (except for Kost) but just couldn't continue in the playoffs

Old
04-26-2005, 08:50 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
In my opinion, if the Hab farm system is as good as you say then they would not have gone down in 4.
Oh I guess in your opinion the baby leafs are better?! Do you seriously think the leafs management goal now is to developp their younger guys or just try to win the calder cup?

Gainey just wants their prospects to developp in the farm system (a farm system is for that).Our team will be even worse, next year cause the veterans that shouldn't have played in Hamilton, this year will likely be all gone (assuming there'll be a season) and young guys like Grabovsky (maybe), Urquhart, Lapierre will see a lot of icetime and Danis backup will be Halak who's like 20.

What's the link between overrating our prospects and losing in 4 games, in the playoffs?

Old
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

Quote:

So if AHL production automatically translates into NHL production, you guys are set with Ling. Stop the presses... You heard it here first.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Oh I guess in your opinion the baby leafs are better?! Do you seriously think the leafs management goal now is to developp their younger guys or just try to win the calder cup?

Gainey just wants their prospects to developp in the farm system (a farm system is for that).Our team will be even worse, next year cause the veterans that shouldn't have played in Hamilton, this year will likely be all gone (assuming there'll be a season) and young guys like Grabovsky (maybe), Urquhart, Lapierre will see a lot of icetime and Danis backup will be Halak who's like 20.

What's the link between overrating our prospects and losing in 4 games, in the playoffs?
This has nothing to do with the Baby Leafs, so keep them out of it

I understand you're young- thus, you'd have trouble finding the link between overrating prospects and the way the system went down in 4 games to the Amerks.

Well, I feel that if the Habs farm system is as good as the Hab fans hype them up to be they would have performed better than their showing this series.

It is simple logic- if you are good, you perform good. If you are not good or mediocre at best, you perform average and receive the outcome the Habs did.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Quote:

huh?

Old
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
NewGuy

Quote:

Because we all know that AHL success is a good measure of the strength of a team's prospects.

It's a good thing that we don't have Washington's prospects then, because their farm team (Portland) missed the playoffs completely. Those guys must suck.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCruiser_83
So if AHL production automatically translates into NHL production, you guys are set with Ling. Stop the presses... You heard it here first.
Definitely not. However, to make an impact in the NHL, players must be able to perform at the AHL level (common logic).

Hainsey, Locke, Kost, Danis performed mediocre at best. The only players that played above the mediocre level are Plekanec and Higgins (after an average season).

Old
04-26-2005, 09:03 PM
fredez

Quote:

I understand you're young- thus, you'd have trouble finding the link between overrating prospects and the way the system went down in 4 games to the Amerks.

Well, I feel that if the Habs farm system is as good as the Hab fans hype them up to be they would have performed better than their showing this series.

It is simple logic- if you are good, you perform good. If you are not good or mediocre at best, you perform average and receive the outcome the Habs did.
What you're saying is absolute non sense!

The Bulldogs played extremly well against the best team in the AHL, if we lost our games 7-1 or 5-0 I would have doubt on our farm system but with scores of 5-4 and 2-1 I'm not worried at all. Especially with how young our team is, I think they will all learn from this and only become even better.

I might also add that we were way too often on the PK and this might the fault of a Dallas prospect.

Overall we don't overrate our prospects more than anyone else, I think this is just a jealous Leafs fan speaking

Old
04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
What you're saying is absolute non sense!

The Bulldogs played extremly well against the best team in the AHL, if we lost our games 7-1 or 5-0 I would have doubt on our farm system but with scores of 5-4 and 2-1 I'm not worried at all. Especially with how young our team is, I think they will all learn from this and only become even better.

I might also add that we were way too often on the PK and this might the fault of a Dallas prospect.

Overall we don't overrate our prospects more than anyone else, I think this is just a jealous Leafs fan speaking
Young? The average age of this team was 25. That is hardly young for this level.

To top it all off, Amerk fans have been saying on numerous occasions that their team has been playing average.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:07 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
If only we would have Perezhogin.
Are you saying if you had Perezhogin you would have won the series?

Well anyway,congrats on a hard fought series.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
fredez

Quote:
Definitely not. However, to make an impact in the NHL, players must be able to perform at the AHL level (common logic).

Hainsey, Locke, Kost, Danis performed mediocre at best. The only players that played above the mediocre level are Plekanec and Higgins (after an average season).
This is not common logic. A boatload of players who performed at the AHL level very well did not make the NHL on a regular basis.

Locke, Kost and Danis were in their first professional playoff experience and I think they played better than mediocre just because of that. Danis was really good in fact, he couldn't do anything on the majority of goals against him.

Hainsey was not as bad as you make him up to be. He was decent.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
That's logic for you? Well I hope you're not building planes for a living, or it just got a whole lot scarier to fly.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
AH

Quote:

Doesn't matter what you feel.

What it looks like is that you know nothing.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:16 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
I miss hockey..........................no hockey on tv till' the april 30th , what will I do?

****! At least, we'll Grabo and Kost.
I know what you can do...get some sleep. No need to be worring about this little set back for a young team, they'll be better next year. A young man like yourself needs a good night's sleep to grow and become handsome like Mooch and mcphee.

Old
04-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Quiet Robert

Well it was a good hard fought series. I was obviously disppointed at the result, but we played well nonetheless.

Rochester was the best team in the league and let's be honest, the better team. We gave them a good run, but their goaltending and overall team got the better of us.

It was a great run at the end of the season which was really exciting to follow.

I think the Dogs deserve some congrats on a hard fought series. There's no shame losing to Rochester. The Dogs had a good group this year and it was fun to follow their progression and play.

Next year should be exciting again.

Go Dogs Go

Closed Thread