HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can I play NHL 2004?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Lewis63

vCash: 500
Can I play NHL 2004?

hey guys

I'm pretty sure some of you got your hands of EA Sports NHL 2004 for the PC and the habs probably won the cup and traverse was traded for 2 draft picks or something...then I have a question for you!

My PC is under the minimum requirements to run the game apparently but I can run the Demo fine. Is it because that the announcers (commentators, sports casters...) are not there in the Demo that I can play it? That definitely takes more "juice" out of the machine.

So here's my PC:

Pentium III - 450 MHz
320 Mb of RAM
64 Mb Video

so did anyone with that configuration got the game? is it playable? cause this Dynastie mode sounds really interesting!!!

thanks for your help

Old
09-24-2003, 03:53 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
hey guys

I'm pretty sure some of you got your hands of EA Sports NHL 2004 for the PC and the habs probably won the cup and traverse was traded for 2 draft picks or something...then I have a question for you!

My PC is under the minimum requirements to run the game apparently but I can run the Demo fine. Is it because that the announcers (commentators, sports casters...) are not there in the Demo that I can play it? That definitely takes more "juice" out of the machine.

So here's my PC:

Pentium III - 450 MHz
320 Mb of RAM
64 Mb Video

so did anyone with that configuration got the game? is it playable? cause this Dynastie mode sounds really interesting!!!

thanks for your help
what kind of sound card do you have?

Old
09-24-2003, 04:15 PM
8b

Quote:
hey guys

So here's my PC:

Pentium III - 450 MHz
320 Mb of RAM
64 Mb Video

thanks for your help
If you can handle 1024x768 resolution on your monitor you will be able to play Dynasty mode without problem. You can disable the announcer if you wish so it won't bug you. Don't expect to have great gameplay experience, however. Simulation won't be a problem.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:58 PM
HABitude

But ESPN 2K4 is the best hockey game ever. Real hockey, sim hockey.
Period.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
what kind of sound card do you have?

I don't think the sound card is an issue...Creative Live!

Thanks for all your help so far.

Is my PC that old? I guess so

Old
09-24-2003, 05:30 PM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Period.
And how do you play ESPN nhl 2k4 on a PC?

Old
09-24-2003, 05:32 PM
8b

Quote:
I don't think the sound card is an issue...Creative Live!

Thanks for all your help so far.

Is my PC that old? I guess so
Hehe with the release of the new AMD 64 bit chip, you bet you are out of date You can get an Atlhon XP 2000+ for cheap today, why not upgrade after X-mas? you could keep some of your parts (hard drives, cd rom, video and audio cards and the box), you just need a motherboard (~100-150$), a cpu (~100-200$) and memory (less than 100$).

Old
09-24-2003, 06:20 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8b
And how do you play ESPN nhl 2k4 on a PC?
No PC. I have a mac. No videogames on mac, well, almost none at all.
My computer is used for something else. Work, house accounts.

I play with a PS2. It's simple. Plug and play. On a big tv.
2 or 3 friends playing in my living room, sitting comfortably, friendly user and simple approach. No cards to upgrade, no bugs. Mind free.
It's quite cheap actually.

I have nothing about playing games on PC. Don't get me wrong. I have something about a game that plays so differently from the real thing. Wich EA hockey games are.

Old
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Tricolore#20

What Habs prospects are in the game?

Do they include players who are drafted by the team, but have never played in AHL/NHL? Like Perezhogin, Higgins? Or is it pretty poor like last year, when they had guys like Descouteux on the roster.

Old
09-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
No PC. I have a mac. No videogames on mac, well, almost none at all.
My computer is used for something else. Work, house accounts.

I play with a PS2. It's simple. Plug and play. On a big tv.
2 or 3 friends playing in my living room, sitting comfortably, friendly user and simple approach. No cards to upgrade, no bugs. Mind free.
It's quite cheap actually.

I have nothing about playing games on PC. Don't get me wrong. I have something about a game that plays so differently from the real thing. Wich EA hockey games are.

Well I have NHL 2004, and personally I think its a very good game. Many people I have talked to prefer it to ESPN, that also includes online on this site. They are comparable games, but it comes down to personal preference.

I think the pendulum is now gone a full 180, before it was EA who put out the best hockey game, and what we saw was "brand *****'s" who could not see that ESPN caught up and past EA, now it seems we are seeing the same with ESPN, and people are not realizing the EA has caught up, if not passed 2k4.

I honestly don't think one game is really too superior to the other, both have pros and cons.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:43 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Period.
What? No way! It just ain't realistic enough for my taste. I can't stand the way the players skate, the game doesn't feel right at all. What's with the guys running into the boards in the shoot out mode. That's just one example of the many bugs that that game has. It's probably the worst hockey game i've ever played. They should've of waited to release it in my opinion. That being said, Ea 2004 isn't perfect but atleast is doesn't have flagrant bugs like that.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:51 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
What Habs prospects are in the game?

Do they include players who are drafted by the team, but have never played in AHL/NHL? Like Perezhogin, Higgins? Or is it pretty poor like last year, when they had guys like Descouteux on the roster.

Not in the PS2 version atleast. No, Descoteaux is playing on a european elite league team like he should be. Rosters seem decent enough. Most of the top prospects in europe are included. Well, those that are playing in the sm-liga, del or swedish elite leagues. That means no kostistsyn, but Joni Purrula, Korpiraki, Stall and a few other habs prospects are their. Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I just don't have time to check.

Closed Thread