HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nabby is the Islanders MVP

Old
04-22-2013, 06:06 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I think Nabby is the MVP this season. Why? Not because he has been the best goaltender in the league, but because he has given us a chance to win in just about every game he has started this season, which is really all you want your goalie to do. He has let in some softies occasionally, but I don't remember them ever being at critical times. More often than not he bails us out in a big way, I feel confident that we have a chance to win when he is in net.

Tavares started out the season hot and was definitely a big reason for some early W's because of some great performances, but is he really the big reason for our most recent push and success overall? No, I think that belongs to the fact that all of the OTHER lines are actually producing and working their ***** off. The team defense has also been great and Nabby always steps his game up under pressure. Tavares has been good lately, but really bad by his standards during our stretch. He has produced, but he could have and should produce so much more as a player of his caliber and that is why we have considered him "disappointing" recently. Luckily, he seems to be picking up his play again.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Ive been saying for a while that the Islanders should go for Bernier (check for my thread in the trade section to see some discussion from Kings fans).

Nino for Bernier would work straight up (a few kings fans agreed.

I'd rather give up a 1st and a 3rd. That pick would hopefully be in the high 20's and 3 or 4 years away from contributing anyway. Nino can help as soon as next year. It makes too much sense NOT to do it.

Sign nabby to a 1 yr deal.
Trade for Bernier.

Nabby - 50 starts
Bernier - 32 starts
Where do I sign for the deal? Nino for Bernier = win/win. Love Bernier for a few years now. I remember drafting him in my Fantasy league the year they started over in Euorpe. He has been second fiddle for awhile now and he has a cup and is much more mature.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!

With him being an RFA this coming July, what about trading a late pick for his rights (kinda like what the isles did with Ehrhoff), and then try to sign him. He's already said he wants out of LA, so I would like to think that the kings would have the decency not to match any offer that is made to him (that's if someone doesn't trade for his rights). Then again it is a business and LA might match and force someone to give up a pick/prospect. But I would think Bernier would jump at the opportunity to sign with a team knowing he has a great chance and becoming numero uno. Lindback left the Rinne shadow in Nashville to be the man in TB, why not Bernier leave the Quick shadow to be the man on LI?
This is starting to turn into a Jonathan Bernier threads rather than a Nabby MVP thread lol

islesfan186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan186 View Post
With him being an RFA this coming July, what about trading a late pick for his rights (kinda like what the isles did with Ehrhoff), and then try to sign him. He's already said he wants out of LA, so I would like to think that the kings would have the decency not to match any offer that is made to him (that's if someone doesn't trade for his rights). Then again it is a business and LA might match and force someone to give up a pick/prospect. But I would think Bernier would jump at the opportunity to sign with a team knowing he has a great chance and becoming numero uno. Lindback left the Rinne shadow in Nashville to be the man in TB, why not Bernier leave the Quick shadow to be the man on LI?
This is starting to turn into a Jonathan Bernier threads rather than a Nabby MVP thread lol
I think Bernier is going to cost more than a late round pick. If he was a UFA, then I could see it.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote