HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort: [INSERT HILARIOUS TITLE] Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 03:03 AM
  #701
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
But the water gun fight seems like fun.
I wished my school had something like that.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:10 AM
  #702
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
Watched an 80s movie called "Runaway Train"...
So campy...
So B-movie...

Camera work is flat...
The sound track is boring...
The dialogue was ridiculous...

But lots of critics loved it...
Which included Roger Ebert...
And the main actors in it got Oscar nods...
Although I think they overacted...

The ending was a bit interesting...
Though not exciting...

It also starred Rebecca De Mornay...
The star of Risky Business...
Don't understand how she could be one of the stars of the 80s...

But she was once engaged to Leonard Cohen...
So that could be something...

nameless1 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:14 AM
  #703
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
Speaking of Leonard Cohen...
Any fans here?

I only know the song "Hallelujah"...
Which I absolutely adore...
But are there any other good songs?

I sometimes find listening to everything by the artist...
All at once...
Diminishes the impact.
I would like to hear all his good stuff first...
And then work my way to everything else.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:27 AM
  #704
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Speaking of Leonard Cohen...
Any fans here?

I only know the song "Hallelujah"...
Which I absolutely adore...
But are there any other good songs?

I sometimes find listening to everything by the artist...
All at once...
Diminishes the impact.
I would like to hear all his good stuff first...
And then work my way to everything else.
Here's a few you might like:

Closing Time
Dance Me To The End Of Love
First We Take Manhattan

Pretty tough to beat Hallelujah though.
And don't ask me how I know these songs

I'd recommend just going on his website and surfing through some of his old stuff then some of his new stuff, see if something pops out at you. He's got tons of songs that span decades so the sound can vary quite a bit.

Wheatley is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:54 AM
  #705
Royal Canuck
M-V-P
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burnaby/Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,927
vCash: 814
Just played an NHL 13 game that went 6 Overtimes, god.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:57 AM
  #706
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Just played an NHL 13 game that went 6 Overtimes, god.
5 minutes or 20 minute game?
At least you can say you are in the longest overtime in history...


More importantly...
Did you win?

nameless1 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:58 AM
  #707
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Here's a few you might like:

Closing Time
Dance Me To The End Of Love
First We Take Manhattan

Pretty tough to beat Hallelujah though.
And don't ask me how I know these songs

I'd recommend just going on his website and surfing through some of his old stuff then some of his new stuff, see if something pops out at you. He's got tons of songs that span decades so the sound can vary quite a bit.
Just appreciate anyone who can point me in some sort of direction.
He is way too prolific.
Thanks.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:01 AM
  #708
Royal Canuck
M-V-P
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burnaby/Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,927
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
5 minutes or 20 minute game?
At least you can say you are in the longest overtime in history...


More importantly...
Did you win?
5 minute periods, still took forever.

And no, we lost on a BS goal.

I made 52 saves and we lost 3-2 in 6OT.

****.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:27 AM
  #709
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,371
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
**** man. One time I played triple OT once in NHL 12 and we scored from a dump.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:34 AM
  #710
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
**** man. One time I played triple OT once in NHL 12 and we scored from a dump.
Was your goalie Dan Cloutier?

StringerBell is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:41 AM
  #711
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,371
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Was your goalie Dan Cloutier?
No. There's was.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:44 AM
  #712
Royal Canuck
M-V-P
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burnaby/Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,927
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
**** man. One time I played triple OT once in NHL 12 and we scored from a dump.
Gotta love when that happens.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:09 AM
  #713
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,458
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I'm really rink

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  #714
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,689
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
5 minute periods, still took forever.

And no, we lost on a BS goal.

I made 52 saves and we lost 3-2 in 6OT.

****.


A couple of months ago my club went into 8OT (yes, 8 overtimes) just to lose the game on a weak wrister from the blueline.
I cant tell you how many god-like saves the other team's goalie made that game.

__________________

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:12 PM
  #715
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,465
vCash: 500
I just had my first bowl of Fruit Loops in years. I forgot just how damn good they are.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:17 PM
  #716
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,689
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I just had my first bowl of Fruit Loops in years. I forgot just how damn good they are.
*Froot loops.
One of the best cereals on the open market. That honeycomb cereal aint too shabby either.

On the black market, my favorite is French Toast Crunch. I can never find it in stores anymore.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:32 PM
  #717
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
I never really lived Froot Loops.

Cinnamon toast crunch is the ****.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:39 PM
  #718
Jyrki
trust in linden CREW
 
Jyrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,443
vCash: 500
I can no longer take most sugary cereals. Fruit Loops used to be part of my childhood but now they taste like chemicals to me. Reeses have worn me down too. Only ones I'll eagerly eat are cocoa puffs and frosted flakes.

Jyrki is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  #719
Intoewsables
real gudbranson
 
Intoewsables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,715
vCash: 50
I really need to stop having cereal for breakfast every day but I just can't resist.

Intoewsables is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
  #720
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,371
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
On the black market, my favorite is French Toast Crunch. I can never find it in stores anymore.
Winner winner.

I found some in a Overweightea Foods in Fruitvale. It was good.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
  #721
Real Gudbranson
Playoff Bound
 
Real Gudbranson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Winner winner.

I found some in a Overweightea Foods in Fruitvale. It was good.
There's still Overwaitea's?

Real Gudbranson is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:49 PM
  #722
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
There's still Overwaitea's?
I had a friend come out and visit from Ontario quite a few years back. His first trip to B.C.... he was completely freaked out that there was a grocey store chain called Overwaitae.

If you grow up with it thats one thing; I can sure understand where he was coming from.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
  #723
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan
 
EpochLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,838
vCash: 500
Winnipeg needs more Starbucks...

EpochLink is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  #724
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,818
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
*Froot loops.
One of the best cereals on the open market. That honeycomb cereal aint too shabby either.

On the black market, my favorite is French Toast Crunch. I can never find it in stores anymore.
They have this at the Super Grocer in Steveston.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
  #725
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,474
vCash: 53
Only time I eat cereal is for a late night snack.

PG Canuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.