HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your NEWWWWWWW JERSEYYYY DEVILLLS @ Flyers - Enough of the negativity edition

Old
04-18-2013, 09:40 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
rabble rabble, higher draft pick

Why not just accept whatever pick we get and have faith the scouting staff does a good job? Also, enjoy the ****ing win, my god.
Not to mention it's not as if they can move a whole bunch of spots either way regardless. Pick-wise they're at 9 now, realistically the best they could be is 8 with a whole bunch of corpses 'leading' the pack. The worst they'll be is maybe 11-12. You're not talking about a big range...why the **** should I care if they're at 8 or 12?

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
Yea it's not a coincidence the D has been playing their best hockey since those 2 orange, traffic cones hit the bricks. I really don't wanna see either of them the rest of the way.
Well it sounds like Sal is pretty damn hurt so I am sure he is done for the year. We may still see the Kremlin cone yet though.

Basically what Glenwo said. No draft pick is coming in to change our fortunes for next year and if you are relying on that then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Going to take other kinds of moves to bolster this team.

Emperoreddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Josefson needs to stay in the lineup the rest of the way. That was a hell of a pass on the D'Agostini goal.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
TheDarkSideOfThePuck

I don't beleive in tanking.

I have a hard time beleiving that a player will not try to win just to get a better player at the draft that might take his spot on the team.

TheDarkSideOfThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
njdevils1982
Hell Toupée!!!

Quote:

Why not just accept whatever pick we get and have faith the scouting staff does a good job? Also, enjoy the ****ing win, my god.
saw the thread on the main board (ya, i was guilty in posting there) ill repost this here for those who missed the article originally.

great read on the internal workings.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3&postcount=29

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
Josefson needs to stay in the lineup the rest of the way. That was a hell of a pass on the D'Agostini goal.
I hate to think Loktionov would miss the rest of the season though. The only way you could 'take out' a center is moving Henrique (or Gio for that matter) to wing. Josefson needs to get a few games in, and Gio doesn't deserve to come out of the lineup.

Old
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Not to mention it's not as if they can move a whole bunch of spots either way regardless. Pick-wise they're at 9 now, realistically the best they could be is 8 with a whole bunch of corpses 'leading' the pack. The worst they'll be is maybe 11-12. You're not talking about a big range.
The range feels bigger when you look at what people are saying about the depth in the draft. Lots of folks are saying it only goes 8 or 9 players deep, so NJ could lose out on a talented player by winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season. They might also need an extra spot if they get passed by a team behind them winning the lottery.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Kensu

we're going to win the lottery not like it matters if we win or lose

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:47 PM
CerebralGenesis

**** just get McDavid in 2015 and dick around with whatever middling prospect/non playoff spot they get this year.

Get Domi for giggles

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:48 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
we're going to win the lottery not like it matters if we win or lose
How much was it again?

8%?

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

You know my opinion already. Move Henrique to wing, and take Ponikarovsky out. It's not like he hasn't already been a healthy scratch not too long ago. Josefson stays in the lineup, and Loktionov is back in. I mean what are we gonna do in the future? Have to choose between one or the other? No so why not just keep them both in?

You could even put Josefson on the wing too.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Marty can realistically get 125 shutouts now if next year is his last. And 700 wins hopefully if we ice a good team next year.
I want to see Patty get to 1000 points too.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Devils Dominion
Hockey Connoisseur

I'm not too confident in our scouts, so just win as many as you can the rest of the way.
Especially at home and the two vs the Rags. :-) (all of them)

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:50 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
The range feels bigger when you look at what people are saying about the depth in the draft. Lots of folks are saying it only goes 8 or 9 players deep, so NJ could lose out on a talented player by winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season. They might also need an extra spot if they get passed by a team behind them winning the lottery.
I don't buy what anyone says about a draft before it happens. There's always going to be good players in the first round to be had (Filip Forsberg and Grigorenko were the #11-12 last year). Larsson was supposed to be the #1 overall pick two years ago too, that prediction was wrong as well

Old
04-18-2013, 09:50 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I'm not too confident in our scouts, so just win as many as you can the rest of the way.
Especially at home and the two vs the Rags. :-)
Not only win against the Rags but WIN IN REGULATION to not allow any points to be given to them.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Devils Dominion
Hockey Connoisseur

Quote:
You know my opinion already. Move Henrique to wing, and take Ponikarovsky out. It's not like he hasn't already been a healthy scratch not too long ago. Josefson stays in the lineup, and Loktionov is back in. I mean what are we gonna do in the future? Have to choose between one or the other? No so why not just keep them both in?

Poni Part-2 has been a disappointment but he played well tonight and had a lot of jump.

Josefson will get mauled along the boards, he's fine at center.

Put in Lokti for Clarkson next game is the obvious call, but Pete would never do it.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Devils Dominion
Hockey Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Not only win against the Rags but WIN IN REGULATION to not allow any points to be given to them.
Of course, but even taking a point or two away from them may do some damage to their chances.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
pulkit1989

What If devils win all the games?.. and rangers lose like 1 or 2.. and then we play them for a playoff spot on the last game of season.. ??? .. THAT WOULD BE EPIC

pulkit1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Devils Dominion
Hockey Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit1989 View Post
What If devils win all the games?.. and rangers lose like 1 or 2.. and then we play them for a playoff spot on the last game of season.. ??? .. THAT WOULD BE EPIC
Only if the Devils win it.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I want to see Patty get to 1000 points too.
I would too and he should get to it with no problem. Hopefully it's as a Devil. Would be pretty great to see him get 1000 when Marty gets to 700 kinda like how he broke the Devils points record the same night Marty broke the wins record.

If anything this game proves Marty still has it. He didn't really have to play out of his mind, but it shows if the defense is good, and doesn't give up stupid 2 on 0's, if we don't have bad breaks like pucks going off skates past Marty, and the PKing is good that Marty is pretty reliable. Especially when he's facing more shots like he was tonight. He gets into a groove and doesn't give up borderline goals like the one in Toronto after not being tested the whole night.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:

Yea I'm about done with Poni. He was noticeable tonight but that really doesn't make up for the last month or so of suckage.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit1989 View Post
I don't think my heart and blood pressure would be able to handle that but then again I survived all the overtimes during the playoffs last year so I should be ok

Old
04-18-2013, 10:08 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m
RT @tpanotchCSN: Scott Hartnell summed up Flyers 3-0 loss to NJ: "It was men playing against kids."

Old
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:

Exactly - I completely don't understand why people don't want the 9th spot as opposed to the 11th spot. It really doesn't matter. All 14 teams have a "chance" at winning the top spot. Here are the odds:

Team 1 25.0%
Team 2 18.8%
Team 3 14.2%
Team 4 10.7%
Team 5 8.1%
Team 6 6.2%
Team 7 4.7%
Team 8 3.6%
Team 9 2.7%
Team 10 2.1%
Team 11 1.5%
Team 12 1.1%
Team 13 0.8%
Team 14 0.5%

So, in reality - unless you are going for THE top spot it won't make alot of difference. Even the top 6 maybe, there isn't really much of a difference. (oh gee, it's as if we have 1 ball in the lottery as opposed to 6 out of 200 - that's a reason to tank games...)

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
RooneyConnSmythe12
I love to hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
Seems like a fairly deep draft to me. There are 5 or 6 guys being mentioned as possible number 1 overall picks and a handful of guys who could be mid to late first round picks who never would have been picked to go that high at the beginning of the season.

RooneyConnSmythe12 is offline   Reply With Quote