HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 09:39 PM
  #676
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
One point out of 3rd overall if Tampa wins and we lose.. (which it looks like will happen) God we're pathetic. If we're in 3rd how do we pass up on Drouin? (Assuming FLA takes Mack, COL takes Jones)
FLA likely takes Jones. Gudbranson/Kulikov aren't enough to declare yourself set for the future on the blueline.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
  #677
ExOilerFan
Registered User
 
ExOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
I think you trade the pick for an immediate need. Drouin + for Lucic. Or Drouin + Petry + for Yandle and Hanzal.
I think it would have to be Lucic + for Drouin

ExOilerFan is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
  #678
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,561
vCash: 500
Maybe because the Flyers are nuts, the Oilers could make a deal with them?

(Crazy, but it's the Flyers)

To PHI: Gagner, Hartikainen, Marincin and 2013 1st

To Edm: Grioux and Meszaros

Again, not saying it will happen, but the Flyers have done crazier.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 10:02 PM
  #679
Ringo13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I wouldn't give the pick straight up for Lucic.
Our most glaring need is size and toughness. I would have no problem giving up an unknown to have a top six with a little more balance. It is probably not worth discussing because the only thing we have that would get Lucic out of Boston is Hall.

Ringo13 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 10:15 PM
  #680
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
I think it would have to be Lucic + for Drouin
Lucic's value is falling fast in BOS...he's been a healthy scratch recently and is slated to make 6M/yr for the next three seasons.

I don't make this trade.

I use the pick to acquire a D if anything, maybe in conjunction with Eberle.

Eberle+Drouin+? for OEL/Pietrangelo.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
  #681
SterlingArcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
It almost seems like the big 5 is becoming more like a big 6 with klefbom on how much the oilers value him. Obviously he has proven nothing but it seems more and more like that. It could even be made a big 7 with the draft pick which has almost crept in too a top 3 territory.

That leaves us with only a few actual trading chips but chips that could help acquire something on the back end. With the buyouts coming and some nice RFA players we could be able to acquire some nice players without the trade market. This offseason outside the draft will be the most intriguing in some time.

SterlingArcher is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:00 AM
  #682
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
If you're trading that pick, I hope it's used on a d-man. My two cents.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:04 AM
  #683
N5991989
Oilers Fan
 
N5991989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
If you're trading that pick, I hope it's used on a d-man. My two cents.
It better be a darn good d-man as well. I do not think we trade the pick just to trade it.

N5991989 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:06 AM
  #684
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
It better be a darn good d-man as well. I do not think we trade the pick just to trade it.
Exactly.

Seeing how many breakaways there were tonight though cemented our biggest need.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:12 AM
  #685
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,353
vCash: 500
So what's the lowest we can pick now?

EDIT: Looks to me like the Oilers will be picking 7 or better unless a team below them wins the lottery.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
  #686
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,634
vCash: 500
Offersheet Berglund 4.5 mill (Say we theoretically get him)
Sign Bickell & Stalberg
Trade Gagner + NSchultz + Harti for Yandle (PHX prolly not do it)
Trade Hemsky (retain 2m) and Lander for Ott
Sign Fistric

Buyout: Smyth and Belanger

Resign Jones for 1m

Hall - Nuge - Eberle
MPS - Berg - Yak
Bick - Ott - Stalberg
Jones - Horc - Brown

Yandle - Petry
Smid - Jschultz
Klef - Potter
Fistric


Weeeeee.....

armandh01 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:39 AM
  #687
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
So what's the lowest we can pick now?

EDIT: Looks to me like the Oilers will be picking 7 or better unless a team below them wins the lottery.
I'm really hoping for Oiler's sake we don't pick 3rd.

Really hope MacT overhauls the top 9.

Lindo is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:45 AM
  #688
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
I'm really hoping for Oiler's sake we don't pick 3rd.

Really hope MacT overhauls the top 9.
Because you think Drouin will be there? I have to agree, but at that spot, if they really like Barkov it wouldn't be a stretch to take him there.

And I hope MacT overhauls the top 12 and the defence corps.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:56 AM
  #689
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Because you think Drouin will be there? I have to agree, but at that spot, if they really like Barkov it wouldn't be a stretch to take him there.

And I hope MacT overhauls the top 12 and the defence corps.
Yeah, pretty much haha. I know he'll be a great player, but we desperately don't need another small winger. I agree though, taking Barkov there would be fine and great for us.

I wonder how many people get bought out. Eager, Belanger, for sure. Who else?

Lindo is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:00 AM
  #690
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Because you think Drouin will be there? I have to agree, but at that spot, if they really like Barkov it wouldn't be a stretch to take him there.

And I hope MacT overhauls the top 12 and the defence corps.
Drouin is the most 'skilled' player in the draft by far. If he falls to wherever the Oil are drafting, we take him hands down.

Gone is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:03 AM
  #691
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Drouin is the most 'skilled' player in the draft by far. If he falls to wherever the Oil are drafting, we take him hands down.
I think that would be the one time where I'd rather go with need than BPA. Another small, crafty winger isn't going to help this team, no matter how skilled he may be. I'd probably trade down a spot or two.

Asher is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:17 AM
  #692
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I think that would be the one time where I'd rather go with need than BPA. Another small, crafty winger isn't going to help this team, no matter how skilled he may be. I'd probably trade down a spot or two.
I'd almost rather not pick in the top 3 to avoid this situation, it would really suck if we traded him away and then he went on to become a big superstar somewhere else.

Really do not want that Michael Jordan-Sam Bowie scenario.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:25 AM
  #693
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,958
vCash: 500
If we were in a position to draft Drouin, we either go BPA and take him or trade the pick straight up for a stud. Trading down NEVER works out, unless the package is absurdly good for some reason.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:50 AM
  #694
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,352
vCash: 500
Firstly, On the topic ofr who any team picks should they win the lottery? It's Jones. Every team takes Jones. There isn't a team out there that couldn't use a big number 1 D. Even the teams that already have one. The lottery this year is effectively a draw for his rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
If you're trading that pick, I hope it's used on a d-man. My two cents.
I can't see them trading the pick now. They have a really good shot at one of Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov or Monahan. Any of those guys would be a fantastic addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
If we were in a position to draft Drouin, we either go BPA and take him or trade the pick straight up for a stud. Trading down NEVER works out, unless the package is absurdly good for some reason.
It depends on where we pick. Trading down from 1 isn't a good play, when there's a consensus pick. But if we landed on the Drouin pick, and decided we liked our wingers, I wouldn't freak out if they moved down a spot or two to grab Barkov/Monahan and picked up another pick. Especially if it was a 2nd.

I also would be ok with just taking Drouin. So we have a bunch of elite wingers. There are worse fates.

s7ark is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 03:26 AM
  #695
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
It depends on where we pick. Trading down from 1 isn't a good play, when there's a consensus pick. But if we landed on the Drouin pick, and decided we liked our wingers, I wouldn't freak out if they moved down a spot or two to grab Barkov/Monahan and picked up another pick. Especially if it was a 2nd.

I also would be ok with just taking Drouin. So we have a bunch of elite wingers. There are worse fates.
Drouin pick when Barkov is available?

We would only end up giving some assets to pick Drouin when the team who we traded picks up Barkov.

Kulleroinen* is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 04:02 AM
  #696
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
I wonder what the cost would be for Brian Campbell and Shawn Matthias? Those 2 would be interesting targets.

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 05:21 AM
  #697
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,353
vCash: 500
I'm not sure if Brian Campbell would want to come here, not sure if he has an NTC. Maybe who knows. It's a big cap hit.

I really do think our front office will target Jay Bouweemester.

He is a left handed D that can move the puck and play heavy minutes. St. Louis will probably need cap space. And his contract term works for us.

I also think they may go after Tyler Myers.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 06:22 AM
  #698
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 56,228
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
If we were in a position to draft Drouin, we either go BPA and take him or trade the pick straight up for a stud. Trading down NEVER works out, unless the package is absurdly good for some reason.
so if the BPS is a 5-10 fly weight speedesters who is zero physical and can not play in his own zone we add YET ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE

We have Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Yak, Gagner and Schultz-- we need to start drafting based upon on our needs or trade for what we need-- we have zero young grit on the roster

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 06:23 AM
  #699
Peter Zezel
Registered User
 
Peter Zezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 441
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I'm not sure if Brian Campbell would want to come here, not sure if he has an NTC. Maybe who knows. It's a big cap hit.

I really do think our front office will target Jay Bouweemester.

He is a left handed D that can move the puck and play heavy minutes. St. Louis will probably need cap space. And his contract term works for us.

I also think they may go after Tyler Myers.
St. Louis has been looking for a LHD to play with Pietrangelo for a while, unless they are really pressed by a self imposed cap I think it'd be a hard to get him after prowling the Blues boards. Perron seems like he will be the first to be thrown off.

Peter Zezel is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
  #700
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
so if the BPS is a 5-10 fly weight speedesters who is zero physical and can not play in his own zone we add YET ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE

We have Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Yak, Gagner and Schultz-- we need to start drafting based upon on our needs or trade for what we need-- we have zero young grit on the roster
You don't pass on Martin St.Louis to draft Jordan Staal. You simply don't. You make trades elsewhere.

joestevens29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.