HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lasorda - First Star

Old
04-19-2013, 07:22 AM
MSRinkRat

vCash: 500
Lasorda - First Star

I'm Sorry, But Tommy Lasorda should have gotten the first star last night. Snubbing JJ and not shaking his hand sent a message to the Jackets for sure. NOT IN OUR HOUSE! Bring the Kid in for more puck drops I say! Well fricken done Lasorda!

MSRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
I'm Sorry, But Tommy Lasorda should have gotten the first star last night. Snubbing JJ and not shaking his hand sent a message to the Jackets for sure. NOT IN OUR HOUSE! Bring the Kid in for more puck drops I say! Well fricken done Lasorda!
That WAS awesome. Way to go Tommy!

After the game on Kings LIVE, Patrick O'Neil (or ???) asked TL if the JJ snub was intentional, and he said "... of course it was!"

Always loved the fire that Tommy brings to anything.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
I don't think this is an attitude sports fan should have. Do you get it to fistfights and shouting matches with opposing fans before games too?

Players are friends with all kinds of guys on the opposing teams before and after the game, but those friendships are put on hold during the game.
After Rob Scuderi hit Chimera a few years ago, he called and apologized and made sure he was okay.- That is sportsmanlike
Your line of thinking is closer to Eagles fans cheering when Michael Irvin got hurt

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Ollie Weeks

Its a cute thing of the past for a guy of the past to exhibit, but if everyone behaved like this nowadays the sports world would be a much lousier place, fans and athletes alike.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I don't think this is an attitude sports fan should have. Do you get it to fistfights and shouting matches with opposing fans before games too?

Players are friends with all kinds of guys on the opposing teams before and after the game, but those friendships are put on hold during the game.
After Rob Scuderi hit Chimera a few years ago, he called and apologized and made sure he was okay.- That is sportsmanlike
Your line of thinking is closer to Eagles fans cheering when Michael Irvin got hurt

I think you're reading waaaaay too much into this.

TL was just doing a little gamesmanship to entertain the home crowd, nothing more, nothing less.

He likely didn't even know of the JJ connection to the Kings, and if he did, so what?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
MsWoof

I thought it was childish. I thought maybe he was old and senile and forgot about JJ but doing that on purpose is dumb.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:51 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I thought it was childish. I thought maybe he was old and senile and forgot about JJ but doing that on purpose is dumb.
You don't know Tommy, what O'Neal said about his attitude was putting it lightly. Their may not be a man in the history of baseball that hates to lose the way he does, maybe Pete Rose.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Why didn't Brown shake hands with JJ?

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
You don't know Tommy, what O'Neal said about his attitude was putting it lightly. Their may not be a man in the history of baseball that hates to lose the way he does, maybe Pete Rose.
It was a ceremonial puck drop, he had no role in the game.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Why didn't Brown shake hands with JJ?
Because Lasorda would've probably slapped him!

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It was a ceremonial puck drop, he had no role in the game.
You think he doesn't care? I could post probably a dozen videos that include messages from Tommy, going all the way back to 07-08.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I remember when I was a kid Joe Ferguson was with the Dodgers, left and said that basically being a Dodger wasn't that big of a deal. When the Dodgers re-acquired Ferguson a few years later Lasorda had him on his knees in a pre-game show on national TV screaming "I LOVE THE DODGERS!!!"

It seemed like it was schtick and Tommy wasn't really serious about it, except that he was.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Quattro

it was funny but a pretty douchey move especially because it was Jack. Hopefully Jack laughed too. I'm still a little pissed the Kings didn't have any kind of acknowledgement for Jack his first game back earlier this year.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
You think he doesn't care? I could post probably a dozen videos that include messages from Tommy, going all the way back to 07-08.
Yeah i remember a few years back when the Kings were miserable he gave them a pep talk during intermission on dodger night. I think Jack was on the team then too. I don't remember exactly what he said but i vaguely remember him saying something like "you don't want these losers to beat you..do you?"

I'm pretty sure saw the humor init too. It definitely set the tone for the game. I personally thought it was funny but there are few people who could get away with that with out looking like a jack ass

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Shellz

Lasorda is who he is. I respect that.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
The Butcher
**** your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
it was funny but a pretty douchey move especially because it was Jack. Hopefully Jack laughed too. I'm still a little pissed the Kings didn't have any kind of acknowledgement for Jack his first game back earlier this year.
Jack smiled. I think he took it in stride.

I met Tommy years ago and he was a huge ******* but I'm a die hard Dodger fan so I kind of have to love him.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote