HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Sedin Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Sure Alfie had a prime Heatley on his line that year and a more mature 22 year old Spezza.

Not sure what kind of support the Sedins need to increase production, they seem to have pretty good chemistry with Burrows and before that were hard to match up with any winger after Anson left.

Also the Canucks are up against the Cap next year and don't have any prospects pushing for top line support duty so not really sure where the better support might come from.

Like I said 65-70 points apiece (130-140 combined) is what we should reasonably expect if the drop off levels off a bit.

If it goes down .10 PPG ( the average for both of them in the last 3 years) we could be looking at low 60ish points each and around 120 points combined.

That's unlikely though as the Canucks PP can't be possibly as bad next year one would hope.
Your stubbornness on this is astonishing. The Sedins have maintained a PPG or there about for what, five years now, including this season? Your entire argument has hinged on the basis of a declining trend, yet disregards the powerplay and near every other facet - it's the Sedins exclusively because reasons. Somehow you anticipate they will drop to borderline 70 point players based on... what? Statistical evidence says you are wrong, recent trends say you are wrong, they're performance as a whole says you are wrong. In short, there is a very high probability you are wrong, not that I suspect you will ever realize it.

Old
06-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I'll get back to you in 3 years when Saad complete his 4 years and we can have an apple to apples comp sure.

That being said Kane came into the NHL straight out of junior and scored 20 more goals than Daniel did in his 1st 4 seasons and that's with the shortened 48 game season this year.

Kane won't need an ART Ross or Hart to be able to have a better career than either Sedin.
Comparisons like this are irrelevant. Of course Kane will have a statistically superior career, the Sedins were late bloomers. While his numbers may eclipse theirs as the years drag on, that does not guarantee he is ever as good as either in their respective primes.

Based on your logic, Mike Green would be considered better than Weber, Keith and Letang simply because his career average in points may end up higher than theirs. I believe that speaks for itself.

Old
06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Your stubbornness on this is astonishing. The Sedins have maintained a PPG or there about for what, five years now, including this season? Your entire argument has hinged on the basis of a declining trend, yet disregards the powerplay and near every other facet - it's the Sedins exclusively because reasons. Somehow you anticipate they will drop to borderline 70 point players based on... what? Statistical evidence says you are wrong, recent trends say you are wrong, they're performance as a whole says you are wrong. In short, there is a very high probability you are wrong, not that I suspect you will ever realize it.
Well I've already posted the PPG numbers for the last 4 years and Daniel's 40 points in 47 games this year translates into 70 points already so skip the reality once again right?

Statistical evidence actually supports my argument very strongly, maybe you should rethink what you are trying to say here.

What is the high probability that the downward trend won't continue?

Other than the jersey you wear?

I wonder if there are any examples in NHL history of 3 consecutive years of PPG decline and then an increase in the 4th year?

Old
06-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Comparisons like this are irrelevant. Of course Kane will have a statistically superior career, the Sedins were late bloomers. While his numbers may eclipse theirs as the years drag on, that does not guarantee he is ever as good as either in their respective primes.

Based on your logic, Mike Green would be considered better than Weber, Keith and Letang simply because his career average in points may end up higher than theirs. I believe that speaks for itself.
I don't judge players simply on points and especially not Dmen.

Do people here not understand what a good young player Kane is?

He has had back to back (this season prorated) 30 goal seasons before the age of 22, that's very special in the post lockout era.

Closed Thread