Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins vs Penguins -Boston Strong Edition- 4/20/13 - 12:30 - NESN+/98.5

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
missingchicklet

vCash: 500
I don't think they will postpone every game until this guy is caught, but hell this is less than 24 hours since he was identified and they think they know his general location. There is no reason not to give this attempt to capture him a 100% effort at the moment, especially so soon after the identification.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
BB624

People *****ing about the game being postponed need to getsome perspective. No T, lock down. No security or police able to respond. The city told Bruins and Sox no games.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:34 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
It won't. Two games, even three is not forever. You don't call in more national guards so you have enough security for a ****ing game. They will find him and then play.
It's not just about the game, it's everything. People need transportation to work, to eat. When you react this strongly to something like this, you hurt a lot of people. If you brought in advisors from other countries, you'd see this handled very differently. But there are a lot of optics involved here, probably heavy pressure from the president even. Jobs are on the line.

At this point, the kid has very limited ressources. Keeping a mom from being able to take a cab to get groceries for her kid is not going to help the matter. Road blocks in and out of key points are ample to keep him from getting out of the greater metro area. It's impossible for him to fly, you can make it impossible for him to take a bus or train.

Martial law for a 19 year old who also hasn't slept and has no resupply options is about 3 degrees too far. But like I said, I get it. I don't blame them, there's tremendous pressure.

Old
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Are people really that dense?

They are not cancelling this game because people are afraid of going to the Garden. They are cancelling the game because every police officer in Boston is either working, or has been for the past 24 hours.

Maybe people don't realize the police presence necessary to pull off a normal game, not to mention 2 at the same time. The garden lobby is teaming with cops every game, not to mention all those who patrol the concourse.

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I am EMBARRASSED that there are Bruins fans on here saying the game shouldn't be postponed. I don't expect folks from outside to get it, but what a sickening outlook from some of our own.

Yes, in general, life needs to go on as normal -- otherwise, they win. Let's go on as normal the day after they catch this scum. Not in the middle of it.

Jesus ****ing Christ. Get a clue.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
They're (that Killin quote) not wrong about cancelling the game. It's a mistake. But given how sensitive the subject is, I understand how the pressure could get to them. But when terror becomes a part of day to day life, you have to learn to adjust life. Not shut it down, even with a man-hunt.
They most certainly should have cancelled the game.

If keeping people off the streets allows them to catch this ********* then keep people off the streets, it's a sport and a hobby. It's not serious business as much as we here like to pretend it is.

The one and only priority should be catching this guy and making him pay.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:36 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

To be fair, I don't think people are pissed that there isn't a game. Some just see it as letting the terrorists win. I don't agree with that viewpoint. It's been such a short amount of time.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:38 PM
BB624

Quote:
It's not just about the game, it's everything. People need transportation to work, to eat. When you react this strongly to something like this, you hurt a lot of people. If you brought in advisors from other countries, you'd see this handled very differently. But there are a lot of optics involved here, probably heavy pressure from the president even. Jobs are on the line.

At this point, the kid has very limited ressources. Keeping a mom from being able to take a cab to get groceries for her kid is not going to help the matter. Road blocks in and out of key points are ample to keep him from getting out of the greater metro area. It's impossible for him to fly, you can make it impossible for him to take a bus or train.

Martial law for a 19 year old who also hasn't slept and has no resupply options is about 3 degrees too far. But like I said, I get it. I don't blame them, there's tremendous pressure.
You say you get it but looking at you're post you don't get it. How do you know he doesn't gave the resources, we don't know anything at this point.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:39 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I am EMBARRASSED that there are Bruins fans on here saying the game shouldn't be postponed. I don't expect folks from outside to get it, but what a sickening outlook from some of our own.

Yes, in general, life needs to go on as normal -- otherwise, they win. Let's go on as normal the day after they catch this scum. Not in the middle of it.

It's not just the game, it's really got very little to do with the game. It's just life itself. It creates the ideal situation for bigger/badder people to decide "wow I've got SO much power if I do this". You actually create ample motive for psychos out there. Look at how much power this 1 kid has?

I've lived through months and months of outdoor market explosions, so I'm telling you this from experience. It's not about hockey, it's about how much you're willing to enable these guys. "Boston Strong" can't just be a tag phrase. You have to mean it.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
It's not just the game, it's really got very little to do with the game. It's just life itself. It creates the ideal situation for bigger/badder people to decide "wow I've got SO much power if I do this". You actually create ample motive for psychos out there. Look at how much power this 1 kid has?

I've lived through months and months of outdoor market explosions, so I'm telling you this from experience. It's not about hockey, it's about how much you're willing to enable these guys. "Boston Strong" can't just be a tag phrase. You have to mean it.
So your going to pull police to attend 2 sporting events?

Old
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
bp13

Quote:

Dude it's LOGISTICS!!!!! Don't be a fool.

This isn't the city deciding to cancel games for fear of this guy blowing up a stadium. this is because the T is closed and there are no available police to work security.

Figure it out!

Old
04-19-2013, 02:43 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
For starters, 9000 police looking for 1 kid is entirely excessive, and unsustainable. If tomorrow he's not yet found, do you keep all transpo shut down? And what about the next day?

Citizens have a right to have their Police doing some of the other fairly important tasks their tax dollars pay for. If a "mere" 6000 Police looked for him...well you get the idea.

Old
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
They most certainly should have cancelled the game.

If keeping people off the streets allows them to catch this ********* then keep people off the streets, it's a sport and a hobby. It's not serious business as much as we here like to pretend it is.

The one and only priority should be catching this guy and making him pay.
And again, how long do you proceed with that?

Hamilton Brian

What will this do to the remaining schedule for Boston? Is it possible, if they wind up rushing too many games before the playoffs, that they postpone the start of the playoffs by a day or more?

Old
04-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:

Power this kid has ?????????????????? the power to run away and hide his face from everyone gfys

Old
04-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
No you bring in more resources. You show that life goes on, and that some ******* isn't going to disrupt your way of life.

What happens for next years marathon? They're not going to cancel it. They'll bring in more security, and life goes on.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:48 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Power this kid has ?????????????????? the power to run away and hide his face from everyone gfys
Most deeply troubled individuals who perpetrate crimes of this nature are essentially looking for power, immortality, fame, etc...

A lot of the attacks copy previous ones they "admired". If the city of Boston can go into a total prolonged shut down, the next guys are going to feed off of that. I'm not trying to aggravate you guys, I'm trying to explain it. There are people in this world demented enough to get off on the idea of playing puppet master with a complete city and police force.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:48 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
No you bring in more resources. You show that life goes on, and that some ******* isn't going to disrupt your way of life.

What happens for next years marathon? They're not going to cancel it. They'll bring in more security, and life goes on.
Yeah, because they have a year to plan that.

You have a few hours to divert hundreds of officers (resources) to a baseball and a hockey game, some who may have been working around the clock the last day or so.

Absolute right decision to not have the game(s) tonight.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I'm assuming that for next year's marathon there won't be an armed terrorist on the loose. If he was in custody and they were cancelling our of fear, then fine. You'd be right. THERE IS AN ARMED AND DANGEROUS TERRORIST RUNNING AROUND THE STREETS OF BOSTON. Use your brains, people.

Is this real life?

Old
04-19-2013, 02:49 PM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
And if they don't catch him tomorrow... do they reschedule the game yet again? Does that continue until they do catch him? You'd like to think that this can get resolved within a few hours or days... but what happens if it doesn't get resolved by the end of the weekend, and carries on into next week... then what?

Rescheduling the first game, means they won. Every other game they miss/reschedule, just reinforces that, and encourages **** like this to continue.

"look ma, we made an impact. We made them re-schedule a couple sports games."

Yes a small hollow victory, but eventually those small things add up.
If they haven't caught them by tommorow they will re-assess the situation and go from there. I beleive they have done this because they are under the impression they are close and that these types of large crowd events would interfere with catching him.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
BB624

Quote:

really comparing an event 366 days away to.an event that id 4 hours away. A city without public transportation and 2 Sporting events going on and a manhunt for a terrorist. 53,000 people coming into a city and where do you get these more resources for 2 events at the last minute

Old
04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
missingchicklet

In general, the odds are greater that you will find a fleeing suspect if you get him fairly quickly due to knowing what general area he is in. This is law enforcement 101. That is the reason for the massive manhunt at this stage in the game. It would be outlandish to give anything less than 100% in this manhunt when they think they know the general area he's located in. It's not a difficult concept to figure out.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:

Overreact much?

I get why they cancelled the game, but I can also see why some are saying that doing that is "giving in". Just different viewpoints, no need to get hostile.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
bp13

Quote:

Okay problem solver.

How do they get the thousands of ticket holders to the game who need public transportation to get to North Station? How do they get around that? Do they employ thousands of cabs from cities across the country to get here in time to pick these people up at their homes?

This is honestly as obvious as obvious gets. People need to use their heads.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:53 PM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Quote:
I'm assuming that for next year's marathon there won't be an armed terrorist on the loose. If he was in custody and they were cancelling our of fear, then fine. You'd be right. THERE IS AN ARMED AND DANGEROUS TERRORIST RUNNING AROUND THE STREETS OF BOSTON. Use your brains, people.

Is this real life?
This is HFBoards

Closed Thread