HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic possibly benched

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2013, 05:10 PM
  #1
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: looking for tylenol
Country: United States
Posts: 44,704
vCash: 500
Awards:
Lucic possibly benched

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...PDL/story.html


Looch to be benched? His reaction. Good read.

__________________



You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:22 PM
  #2
Krupp
Registered User
 
Krupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haymarket, VA
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
It's been tough to watch Milan play so poorly this season. I really do hope he gets back to full stride, and soon. I'd hate to see him benched or traded.

Krupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:22 PM
  #3
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,912
vCash: 500
looks like he does not have any motivation..

he says he is trying to be better but im not buying it
tho i dont know him well. but on the ice he looks disinterested to me.

some ppl said his game was physical and that made him good...

imo theres nothing about not going your way or holding you back to be physical.. he just doesn't want to or care...

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM
  #4
Bojakees*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
He says he wants to be better.....How hard would it have been to go after Kaletta after he hit JAGR from the side/back.....Or how about go after SCOTT the other night. Why not ??? Avenge the THORNTON fight. Boy, Think of what that would do for the team and him. That Scott fight has created a cloud over this team ever since......The other night would have been a great time MILAN.....Stop thinking so much and start realizing who the hell you are as a player.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM
  #5
RustyBruins72
Registered User
 
RustyBruins72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...PDL/story.html


Looch to be benched? His reaction. Good read.
Thanks for posting Wally.

Thoughts are with you and the LF in and around Boston. All the best to you.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:39 PM
  #6
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: looking for tylenol
Country: United States
Posts: 44,704
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBruins72 View Post
Thanks for posting Wally.

Thoughts are with you and the LF in and around Boston. All the best to you.
Thanks Rusty. Good to hear from you.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
  #7
stungun
Registered User
 
stungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 1,485
vCash: 500
i hope looch gets back on track but if not, you trade his ass, nobody is beyond trading. i dont buy the crap about making excuses because he is a new father and it might be affecting his game, that is garbage. he has more than enough pocket change to hire a nanny to help him and his old lady raise their child. on the other hand i do hope his little one is healthy and not his concern right now. while i am more than willing to cut him some slack he needs to figure it out, get some professional help for crying out loud. enough is enough he needs to get himself out of this funk, his buddy horton most certainly aint going to help him out of it.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
  #8
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 22,878
vCash: 500
He's afraid of Steve Macintyre, so he can sit.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:11 PM
  #9
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojakees View Post
He says he wants to be better.....How hard would it have been to go after Kaletta after he hit JAGR from the side/back.....Or how about go after SCOTT the other night. Why not ??? Avenge the THORNTON fight. Boy, Think of what that would do for the team and him. That Scott fight has created a cloud over this team ever since......The other night would have been a great time MILAN.....Stop thinking so much and start realizing who the hell you are as a player.
that..... i understand when goals doesnt go your way, but hits? what is stopping you to make some if you WANT? wth..

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:14 PM
  #10
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
looks like he does not have any motivation..

he says he is trying to be better but im not buying it
tho i dont know him well. but on the ice he looks disinterested to me.

some ppl said his game was physical and that made him good...

imo theres nothing about not going your way or holding you back to be physical.. he just doesn't want to or care...
All the above may be true.

As some in the media have concluded, I think it boils down to a lack of conditioning during the lockout. He's not fat, blah blah, but he's simply not quick enough to keep up with the play. He appears "disinterested," but he also appears gassed.

For whatever reason, Milan apparently didn't commit to training when he could have. You can make the argument that at the very least, he can knock that pr*cik Kaleta into next week. Maybe. Maybe his confidence is too shot to try.

I like Milan a lot and I hope he comes out of it, though given the physical *and* psychological nature of this funk, he made need an entire off season to get his head back on straight.

As someone else in the media noted, his teammates have to be disappointed, because -- and I'm speculating here -- if it really is a matter of conditioning, then his priorities were misplaced.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
  #11
whatsbruin
Registered User
 
whatsbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
this article screams personal issues to me.
There is something more important than hockey bringing him down.
It could be his relationship with his wife.
Health of his wife or child.
Health of parents, or any number of things.
Something is on his mind more than hockey.

Sure it could be that he just doesn't care anymore, but I find
that hard to believe after all these years of commitment and
dedication.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM
  #12
Bojakees*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
this article screams personal issues to me.
There is something more important than hockey bringing him down.
It could be his relationship with his wife.
Health of his wife or child.
Health of parents, or any number of things.
Something is on his mind more than hockey.

Sure it could be that he just doesn't care anymore, but I find
that hard to believe after all these years of commitment and
dedication.
I have asked the board three times if we ever heard why he had to leave the team and fly home 3 days after his baby was born but nobody seemed to know....He is young, Young people sometimes have tough times...

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  #13
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,349
vCash: 500
He's been terrible and deserves to wear a suit on game days.

I think he is cooked for the year. The lockout effected him (IMO). He did not come in in great shae and has never caught up. Yes he got off to a good start but when the rest of the league got their game legs he never did. Every team has a player or two that is under performing badly.

We write off the year and hope he can contribute in some way. An offseason or training and a full length camp will bring the Lucic we all expect. Book him for 25-30 goals, 25-30 assists and 100+ PIMS in 13/14.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:46 PM
  #14
whatsbruin
Registered User
 
whatsbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
He's been terrible and deserves to wear a suit on game days.

I think he is cooked for the year. The lockout effected him (IMO). He did not come in in great shae and has never caught up. Yes he got off to a good start but when the rest of the league got their game legs he never did. Every team has a player or two that is under performing badly.

We write off the year and hope he can contribute in some way. An offseason or training and a full length camp will bring the Lucic we all expect. Book him for 25-30 goals, 25-30 assists and 100+ PIMS in 13/14.
In baseball or football, forget which, many players who sit out preseason because of
contract squables never play well for the entire year.
For some reason, if they don't play in the preseason, they just never can
get it together. Perhaps thats just the case with Milan this year.
Doesn't really explain last year though. Maybe last year was cup hangover.
One more 1/2 year or year of this play, and he will be worth nothing.
Hard to believe his first few years he was playing way above his head and
this is how he really plays. Something is going on.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  #15
MAINE-IAC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: southern maine
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
The boat owner is on fox now.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
  #16
NeelyDan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
It's eerie how the Scott fight has almost had the same effect on this team as the Miller run. I've got guys asking me all the time why the Bruins have stopped answering the bell. I have no answers for them. Watching Jagr get run repeatedly with not so much as a whiff from any of our guys was REALLY difficult to endure.

NeelyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:20 PM
  #17
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 22,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
In baseball or football, forget which, many players who sit out preseason because of
contract squables never play well for the entire year.
i'd guess that's handegg because, for example, kyle lohse didn't sign with the brewers until spring training was basically over and he's been his normal self.

baseball players also don't tend to hold out as much as handegg players either.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
  #18
Cid
Registered User
 
Cid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyDan View Post
It's eerie how the Scott fight has almost had the same effect on this team as the Miller run. I've got guys asking me all the time why the Bruins have stopped answering the bell. I have no answers for them. Watching Jagr get run repeatedly with not so much as a whiff from any of our guys was REALLY difficult to endure.
The most frustrating part for me is that year after year we have guys in or nearing their 40's like Whitfield and Pandawful who are absolutely atrocious and bring nothing to our team as our 13th forwards when we could be dressing a legit heavyweight to answer the bell in one or two games every few weeks.

This has been beaten to death time and time again, but simply having a 13th forward like a Brian McGrattan (who we did have at one point) to play in games vs Buffalo, Toronto and a few others this season would have saved Thornton from getting concussed and would have helped uphold the dignity and reputation of this team.

Instead, we got beaten up early and our team has never been the same since. It's like we are playing without a backbone. That's not the way this team played the year we won the cup.

And since this team IS CLEARLY NOT engaging physically, it really shows in Milan's poor play. Looch needs to be pissed off to play his best hockey. Noone on Boston is really playing like that anymore.

Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:47 PM
  #19
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever
 
bobbyorr04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,612
vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...PDL/story.html


Looch to be benched? His reaction. Good read.

Thanks Wally, that's an interesting article on Lucic.
I hope he can snap out of whatever funk he's in. The B's need the old Lucic back.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:47 PM
  #20
Danton Heineken
Hot Carl Willis
 
Danton Heineken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 18,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i'd guess that's handegg because, for example, kyle lohse didn't sign with the brewers until spring training was basically over and he's been his normal self.

baseball players also don't tend to hold out as much as handegg players either.
The most intense baseball game is equivalent to a non-contact football practice.

Danton Heineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #21
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221
 
BigBadBruin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 9,023
vCash: 320
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
I wouldn't mind terribly if he is benched, as he could use the view from the 9th, but as Kaoz very eloquently pointed out (with stats as support) the Bruins would be woefully outphysicaled without him in the lineup. Lucic has the team lead in hits by forwards 2-to-1 over the next closest Bruins forward (Thornton), and Thornton would be something like 7th or 8th in hits by forwards on the Pens. And the Pens just called up Steve MacIntyre. If it was used just to rattle his cage, that would be OK too. Soderberg with Kelly and Jagr, Campbell back to the 4C spot, and probably Peverley scratched might be something we need in a game that would shape up to be as physical as this one.

__________________
"The only thing that beats winning [in Toronto] is winning in Montreal.--Aaron Ward

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #22
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 22,354
vCash: 500
thanks for letting me know!

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:34 PM
  #23
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 14,258
vCash: 500
Wow. The Scott fight brought up again. Really? Some people need to have their heads examined. The Scott fight did nothing other than be marked as a meaningless loss. Were people asleep when Thornton knocked down Erskine, Rinaldo, and cornered the Caps player with McQuaid, forcing him to fight? Yes, the lack of a consistent physical presence has been going on for some time now, but it has nothing to so with the Scott fight. Put your kleenex away and dry your eyes.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:39 PM
  #24
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,586
vCash: 500
Easy way to get Lucic going again to me.Just ask him"Do you want your daughter when she grows older to read about you and think you were a player that had a fluky season and thats it in your entire career ? Then put him out there and let him play.He does not respond then he never will.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:10 PM
  #25
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Wow. The Scott fight brought up again. Really? Some people need to have their heads examined. The Scott fight did nothing other than be marked as a meaningless loss. Were people asleep when Thornton knocked down Erskine, Rinaldo, and cornered the Caps player with McQuaid, forcing him to fight? Yes, the lack of a consistent physical presence has been going on for some time now, but it has nothing to so with the Scott fight. Put your kleenex away and dry your eyes.
You're wrong about the Scott KO not being a factor--but I've always liked you and you're usually right so I'll let it slide this time.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.