HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

dennis wideman trade?

Old
04-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
dennis wideman trade?

just looking forward for my bruins... I think a second puck moving dman would have more value to us than another grinder type like johnny boychuck.

the problem is boston is lacking cap room and wideman is signed for over 5 mill per season.

Calgary signed wideman when they were still trying to wiggle into the playoffs... now with iginla/kiprusoff gone the flames are going to want a couple high picks to rebuild with. wideman seems like kind of a stupid signing now.

so... here is my proposal... Calgary eats around 2 mill cap hit per year making wideman into a 3.25 mill cap hit for the rest of his contract... and boston gives Calgary boychuck and a first. or boychuck, caron, and a second...

the idea here is Calgary does have some kids that need a good vetern to help them with respectability over the next couple years. caron probably wont amount to much, but he might... and Calgary is gambling on college kids with way less potential than caron.

Calgary doesn't need wideman and I doubt they can trade him for any value at all unless they eat some cap hit... they wont need the cap room anyhow during the rebuild...

wideman was in boston before... he actually looked like a Norris trophy candiate while playing with chara... Hamilton will soon be ready to be the rh shot pp qb but having wideman around until he is would be a good thing.

a top 4 of chara/wideman/Seidenberg/Hamilton has tons of puck moving ability

id be in favor of bringing wideman back if Calgary was willing to eat some salary/cap... thoughts?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Perro

with the emergance of brodie since the Boumeester trade this could be plausable. However eating that much salary for that many years could be problematic. Not sure how the cap eating retention stuff works, but is there a way that calgary only retains th 2mil the first year, or maybe 2 mil yr 1, and 1 mil in yr 2.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:39 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Would rather keep him, he has been much better than was advertised. Your entire premise is completely wrong. If we can't get any value for him why would we trade him to you?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Sam Pollock

Wideman has a nmc and I don't see Feaster giving up on him after one season. Sorry.

Sam Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:13 AM
WhiteMandingo
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Why would you want Wideman back? He was brutal by the end of his time in Boston. I wouldn't trade a 1st or Boychuck for him, let alone both.

WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:13 AM
blankall

Too much cap being retained.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:20 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 50
Don't see him going anywhere. He brings a lot to our club and we're not burning the whole team to the ground.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:45 AM
madmike77

No way Calgary eats that much cap. Plus they're already going to be near the cap floor. If they don't spend the money on Wideman they'll need to spend it on someone else.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:30 AM
LSnow

If i was Boston i would not take Wideman even if Calgary would eat 100% of his salary.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 50
Calgary has no reason to trade him right now. His contract is awful and he's played well enough it seems for them. Why sell him for little value?

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:18 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Was pretty much run out of boston. I went to school with him... great guy... but worth more to Calgary

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote