HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Couturier for Yakupov?

Old
04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

vCash: 500
Couturier for Yakupov?

I'm assuming Philly would have to add, but is there a trade to be made here? He'd be Edmonton's ideal #2 C.

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:11 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
I'm assuming Philly would have to add, but is there a trade to be made here? He'd be Edmonton's ideal #2 C.
Would you rather Eberle ?

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
No. There's no value for Edmonton, and no need for the Flyers.

If you want to pitch Couturier for one of Edmonton's big 5, it should be J. Schultz--though EDM would never do it.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-20-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Cootsfanclub

Coots isn't for trade unless a #1 puck moving defenseman is coming back.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I think Yakupov is worth significantly more than Couturier at this point. Couturier would have to take a few steps forward offensively for him to bring back someone like Yakupov.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Flyers would need to add, but it's something to consider for sure. I'd rather keep Yak and draft either Barkov or Monahan though.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:17 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I'd rather be looking for a #2 Center with more experience.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:20 PM
zeus3007*

It would be a great start, but the Oilers would want a significant piece coming along, probably a d-man. And Philly doesn't have a d-man to trade. The only possible deal I can see from the Oilers perspective, is Yak for Coutourier, Philly's 1st and a role playing grinder or two. A former 8th overall pick and a pick that will likely be 6th - 10th this year for last year's first. Not totally unrealistic value I don't think, but I'm not sold on Philly wanting to move that type of package.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:26 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

While Yakupov is great, I can't see why Philly does this. They need boosting on the D-corps, not on wingers/offense.

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Predsrule

Phi would need to add somthing pretty big

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It would be a great start, but the Oilers would want a significant piece coming along, probably a d-man. And Philly doesn't have a d-man to trade. The only possible deal I can see from the Oilers perspective, is Yak for Coutourier, Philly's 1st and a role playing grinder or two. A former 8th overall pick and a pick that will likely be 6th - 10th this year for last year's first. Not totally unrealistic value I don't think, but I'm not sold on Philly wanting to move that type of package.
1. The difference between Yakupov and Couturier is not the 5-8th overall pick in this draft, let alone that pick + one or two players.

2. If the Flyers are willing to move Couturier + their 1st +, why not just offer it to FLA or CGY or whoever ends up with the top pick and draft Jones?

This deal doesn't make a lot of sense. The Flyers get the higher ceiling player, for sure, but they already have a nice group of young forwards. It doesn't make sense to move Couturier for a winger when they have such pressing needs on defense.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Kigetsi

EDM would never do this trade. Cout has been atrocious this season. Ofcourse he will do better going forward but still. Flyers need defense, so Couturier should be a center piece of a trade for a true 1 Dman.

Kigetsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
1. The difference between Yakupov and Couturier is not the 5-8th overall pick in this draft, let alone that pick + one or two players.

2. If the Flyers are willing to move Couturier + their 1st +, why not just offer it to FLA or CGY or whoever ends up with the top pick and draft Jones?

This deal doesn't make a lot of sense. The Flyers get the higher ceiling player, for sure, but they already have a nice group of young forwards. It doesn't make sense to move Couturier for a winger when they have such pressing needs on defense.
Because FLA or CGY does not do it . How often does a defense man like Seth Jones come along . Take a look at what Pronger meant to us Oiler,s fans . He took us to the finals with an average team . Seth Jones can be that good , as long as he developed right

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cootsfanclub

Also something to note. Hall, Fedotenko, and Gagne are players who are on the penalty kill and are all unrestricted free agents this off season. Coots is a big part of the pk and they can't take that big of a hit.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:34 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Would you rather Eberle ?
Yakupov's faster and more of a goal-scorer. Fits better than Eberle would in our system.

Yes, there is a need on D, but a pure finisher to put next to Giroux is something to think about.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
ponder

Yakupov has quite a lot more value than Couturier IMO.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Yakupov's faster and more of a goal-scorer. Fits better than Eberle would in our system.

Yes, there is a need on D, but a pure finisher to put next to Giroux is something to think about.
I actually think Eberle would be a better fit with Giroux than Yakupov--who also prefers to control the play with the puck on his stick, no?

Old
04-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:

The difference between Yakupov and Coutuier is whatever MacTavish says it is.

Those trades only work if those teams are willing to pass on Jones, MacKinnon or Nichushkin. I would think most would rather make the top selections.

04-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Kigetsi

Quote:
After Timonen is gone, who is going to feed them the pucks? Flyers need a true nr.1 dman who can feed Giroux and Vorachek after Kimmo is gone.

Kigetsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
The difference between Yakupov and Coutuier is whatever MacTavish says it is.

I guess that's true, if you accept the premise that the Flyers would want to move Couturier + for Yakupov (and I don't think anyone has disputed that it would be the Flyers adding). I don't think any Flyers fan other than the OP thinks that Couturier + for Yakupov makes sense. I vaguely remember a thread last year about the value of Couturier + for the 1st overall--and no one wanted to do it.

Anyway, the guy I was responding to suggested Couturier + 5-8th overall + + for Yakupov. I still think that offer would be better put to the owner of this year's 1st overall, not last year's.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:43 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Quote:
I actually think Eberle would be a better fit with Giroux than Yakupov--who also prefers to control the play with the puck on his stick, no?
Maybe. It'd be impossible to tell without them playing together, but I don't remember the last time the Flyers had someone with Yakupov's skating and finishing ability, if ever.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Cootsfanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigetsi View Post
After Timonen is gone, who is going to feed them the pucks? Flyers need a true nr.1 dman who can feed Giroux and Vorachek after Kimmo is gone.
It looks like Ghostisbehere is going to take that role.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:

I guess that's true, if you accept the premise that the Flyers would want to move Couturier + for Yakupov (and I don't think anyone has disputed that it would be the Flyers adding). I don't think any Flyers fan other than the OP thinks that Couturier + for Yakupov makes sense. I vaguely remember a thread last year about the value of Couturier + for the 1st overall--and no one wanted to do it.

Anyway, the guy I was responding to suggested Couturier + 5-8th overall + + for Yakupov. I still think that offer would be better put to the owner of this year's 1st overall, not last year's.
One thing to remember is that by going after Yakupov, it limits Edmonton's chances for making an offer to Florida.

It wouldn't be the smartest move to pass on Jones, but the Cats do have some good young defensemen already in Gunbrandson, Matheson, Robak and Kulikov. They are already good at center with Huberdeau, Shore, Mattias, and Weiss, so it looks to me that they need a star winger. So think it's very possible that a Yakupov for Jones deal gets done if the Cats get the first pick.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:59 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
i think if either play with Giroux they will do fine.

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

I'd rather have someone who's produced more than an average 3rd liner offensively so far.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote