HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Custom jersey, name restrictions???

Old
03-11-2013, 12:23 AM
AngeLinTeal
Tealcat

vCash: 500
Custom jersey, name restrictions???

The thing on NHL Shop does it still stand for custom jerseys? It says you cannot get the name of a player no longer on the team. See my friend's birthday is coming up and her first jersey was a Cheechoo. I'm surprising her with a black armor but I wanna know if I can still get it customized with Cheechoo on it. I know that some of you have said that if I get it at Hockey Xsport the restriction is non existent. I hate NHL Shop for this lame reason. Thanks.

Well here's the rules in question. Which really really suck. So if you want a Nolan, you're SOL.

-League player names must match current team rosters and the team for which they currently play.
-Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired
-If your selection does not meet all of the above criteria you will be prompted to start over

Last edited by AngeLinTeal: 03-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.
AngeLinTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

do not - NOT - get customizations from NHL shop ... NOT

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:30 AM
AngeLinTeal
Tealcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
do not - NOT - get customizations from NHL shop ... NOT

Got any other recommendations?

I heard these guys do customizations too.

http://www.ducummonssports.com

Ok it looks like hockeyxsuperstore doesn't have this restriction.

Last edited by AngeLinTeal: 03-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.
AngeLinTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:13 AM
SHARPENCAP

Send a message via AIM to SHARPENCAP Send a message via MSN to SHARPENCAP Send a message via Yahoo to SHARPENCAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeLinTeal View Post
The thing on NHL Shop does it still stand for custom jerseys? It says you cannot get the name of a player no longer on the team. See my friend's birthday is coming up and her first jersey was a Cheechoo. I'm surprising her with a black armor but I wanna know if I can still get it customized with Cheechoo on it. I know that some of you have said that if I get it at Hockey Xsport the restriction is non existent. I hate NHL Shop for this lame reason. Thanks.

Well here's the rules in question. Which really really suck. So if you want a Nolan, you're SOL.

-League player names must match current team rosters and the team for which they currently play.
-Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired
-If your selection does not meet all of the above criteria you will be prompted to start over
I know someone can make you a cheechoo kit and black armor version I will pm you with more details

SHARPENCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:38 AM
SHARPENCAP

Send a message via AIM to SHARPENCAP Send a message via MSN to SHARPENCAP Send a message via Yahoo to SHARPENCAP
I might consider doing this for only Sharks fans but I took time and effort to sew my name and number kit to my jersey and it came out nice ... I know that the sleeve numbers are lower than normal.. That was my mistake but oh well! I might charge less than other companies FYI

Old
03-11-2013, 04:29 AM
deekortiz3

http://www.icejerseys.com/

deekortiz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeLinTeal View Post
Got any other recommendations?

I heard these guys do customizations too.

http://www.ducummonssports.com

Ok it looks like hockeyxsuperstore doesn't have this restriction.
Ducommons does excellent work, and they have no problem doing names of players not on the team anymore. I believe they still do the lettering work for the actual team, so you also know they won't mess it up

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

not to sound like a broken record, but I only do mine at SportsK ... then again, I'm not local

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
SHARPENCAP

Remember Ducummons have new owners just fyi...

Old
03-11-2013, 09:11 PM
stator

Go to the jersey collection thread. Near the end are photo's of Sharksoutlet.com customization for a Pavelski jersey, and then a Skorodenski jersey. Both did a great job with the name panel and numbers.

I might have read that Sharksoutlet uses Ducummon, but mine shipped from Hialeah, FL.

stator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 AM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stator View Post
Go to the jersey collection thread. Near the end are photo's of Sharksoutlet.com customization for a Pavelski jersey, and then a Skorodenski jersey. Both did a great job with the name panel and numbers.

I might have read that Sharksoutlet uses Ducummon, but mine shipped from Hialeah, FL.
Whats a Skorodenski?

Old
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Ducommons does excellent work, and they have no problem doing names of players not on the team anymore. I believe they still do the lettering work for the actual team, so you also know they won't mess it up
I second this. Went off this here board's recommendations and got a very nicely done custom jersey. They even altered the letters to fit the jersey since it was a youth size and a long name. You would never be able to tell. They did an excellent job.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:20 AM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
I second this. Went off this here board's recommendations and got a very nicely done custom jersey. They even altered the letters to fit the jersey since it was a youth size and a long name. You would never be able to tell. They did an excellent job.

Was it during the days Mary was still there?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:00 PM
jsidreid

If you put a "space" before and after the name, you can fool the system. I've done that on an order before.

jsidreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:19 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsidreid View Post
If you put a "space" before and after the name, you can fool the system. I've done that on an order before.
Do you have a picture on how it turned out?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Mister Wedge
OnTheWinglesOfLove

Ducommons is the place to go. Impeccable work. Got an old school "Whitney" a while ago and it looks awesome!! NHL shop blows.

Mister Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wedge View Post
Ducommons is the place to go. Impeccable work. Got an old school "Whitney" a while ago and it looks awesome!! NHL shop blows.
How long ago?

Old
04-13-2013, 08:41 PM
SHARPENCAP

Ducummons is ran by new owners but to my surprise they charged me 20$ a piece just because I supplied the kits as well.. But they are still highly recommended ! I heard their business is a little slow lately but c'mon people go support local shops :-)

Old
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

I love using sportsk.com

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:39 PM
SHARPENCAP

The only name restrictions I can think absolutely no swear words even though some people might think of it as a joke but I know they will not allow any swearing in jersey names kinda sucks if you have a female dog and give her a jersey number 1 and call her a well you know lol

Old
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
bob330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPENCAP View Post
Ducummons is ran by new owners but to my surprise they charged me 20$ a piece just because I supplied the kits as well.. But they are still highly recommended ! I heard their business is a little slow lately but c'mon people go support local shops :-)
I agree, support the local shops. I recently got my training camp scrub auth white changed over to Burns and they did a great job getting 99% of the goo and black lettering strands off. It helped that the conversion was from 58 to 88 though.

I wonder if Mary is still there. I know she's done at least 3 of my jerseys since I've been going there over the past 10 years or so.

bob330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob330i View Post
I wonder if Mary is still there. I know she's done at least 3 of my jerseys since I've been going there over the past 10 years or so.
I just asked my friend who knows Mary and he said that she sold to two guys that used to work there.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:44 AM
SHARPENCAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I just asked my friend who knows Mary and he said that she sold to two guys that used to work there.

Mary retired but her husband works there still and the two new other guys work there as well everyone else still works there but Mary according to the new people but there quality is still the best