HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Ticket Price Increase for 13-14

Old
04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
sba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Season Ticket Price Increase for 13-14

Quote:
In a letter mailed to season ticket holders, the Sabres announced that they'll be increasing season ticket pricing for next season.

From VP of Tickets and Service John Sinclair:

"Before next season, one necessary change we'll be making is increasing the average price of our tickets by roughly 4% across all ticket levels and seat locations. As part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement with our players, all teams must produce revenue primarily through ticket sales, in order to keep the stability of the league and its franchises strong."

Sinclair also said the team expects the average season ticket price to remain ranked in the bottom five in the league, as has been the case for the past six seasons.

Season ticket holders will also be asked to pay reduced prices for three preseason games, and as a bonus they'll receive a Rochester Americans game -- to be played at First Niagara Center -- at no extra charge.

Tonight is this season's finale -- Fan Appreciation Night -- against the New York Islanders.

Follow The Sabres Observer on Twitter

Price level -- 2013-14 Price per ticket (this season's price per ticket)

200 Club -- $103 (99)

200 Ends -- $86 (83)

100 Pref. Rinkside -- $93 (89)

100 II Rinkside -- $75 (72)

100 III Rinkside -- $63 (61)

100 Preferred - $77 (74)

100 Level II - $62 (60)

100 Level III - $48 (46)

100 Level IV - $42 (40)

300 Level I - $45 (43)

300 Level II - $33 (32)

300 Level III - $26 (25)

300 Level IV - $26 (25)
http://kuklaskorner.com/tso/comments...es-for-2013-14

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:41 PM
sba

The fact that our front office is so absolutely clueless to release this information on FAN APPRECIATION DAY has me absolutely terrified about the Pegula regime right now.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:55 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
The fact that our front office is so absolutely clueless to release this information on FAN APPRECIATION DAY has me absolutely terrified about the Pegula regime right now.
Wow.

People make a huge deal of the dumbest things these days. Bunch of drama queens.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Hal2000

not surprised by the increase, but I admit this is not the best timing ^

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
It's the same timing as last year .. due dates, opening days don't change much, so they give STH a set amount of time.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:02 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Wow.

People make a huge deal of the dumbest things these days. Bunch of drama queens.
Absolutely!

I looked at it, and my first reaction was... "Ok, how much are my tickets going up... Oh, $1 .... Ok I can live with that".

NOT .... OMFG!!!!! Pegula, you are cluuuuuuuuuueless! I hate this organization!

Get a grip

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
sba

Really, it's not alarming that they raise ticket prices on a day that they've created to honor the fans?? Not the act of raising the prices, but not one person stopped and thought "Hey, this might be a mixed message we shouldn't be sending, lets wait a week or a few days"

You say LOL PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING, but the other side of that coin is "wow, people are so filled with fanboy love that they'll accept anything the team does"

The people that run the team can't recognize that. And yet you're expecting them to rebuild the franchise? That's a pretty big leap of faith right there.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
I don't see how thoughtlessness in dealing with their fans correlates to hockey operations at all.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
I don't see how thoughtlessness in dealing with their fans correlates to hockey operations at all.
It doesn't.

The righteous indignation about the price increase would have been exactly the same if they sent out this press release tomorrow or next week.

Much ado about nothing. Yes, it sucks that they have to raise prices, but the ticket is still cheap compared to other NHL franchises.

Hate that it costs $300 to take a family of four to a game with tickets, parking and concessions? Well, your gripe should be with all tope tier professional sports.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
aceface33

I don't know if they announced it today persay...seems like the sent the letter to be timed to arrive right after the last game and this site just got a hold of it and published it.

Also, I remember when my season tix were $15 a game
It was 2005 doesn't seem all that long ago.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Afino
The Juice

Yeah well they should never raise their prices and announce renewals in the middle of the summer! GOD!

I'll be honest and admit that it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to see the renewal notice right now, but from what I understand it's pretty much SOP for all teams.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Rebuild

The increase is negligible. As someone who was a multiyear Season ticket holder until I moved out of town during the last lockout, I hope this coupled with a crappy season bumps me from the waiting list to a season ticket holder.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:55 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Please cancel, other people can move up waiting list. Tickets are dirt cheap compared to most of league. I live in Toronto, should I say more

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Hal2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Please cancel, other people can move up waiting list. Tickets are dirt cheap compared to most of league. I live in Toronto, should I say more
hopefully they do. The sabres could use fresh faces in the stands. "Hockey heaven" ...lmao. One of the worst atmosphere's in the nhl

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:30 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal2000 View Post
hopefully they do. The sabres could use fresh faces in the stands. "Hockey heaven" ...lmao. One of the worst atmosphere's in the nhl
My advice: Stop complaining about it and DO something about it.

If you want the atmosphere to improve, it's up to you and your fellow fans to fix it. That includes focusing on the game and not your oh so fun smartphone after every whistle, among other items.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:43 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Wait a second...this contradicts the other standard criticism of STH's that they sell all their tickets...that would mean new faces every game...I'm confused now.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:47 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Ever been to a Leafs game. Nobody is in the first deck for first five minutes of my period. Standards are high in Buffalo, people will not get excited over a crap team. In 2005-06 that place was loud.
This Sabres rink stuff is crap. I've been to a dozen rinks. Buffalo crowd is solid, not full of corporate set holders who are usually quiet

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:12 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

we'd like to thank our fans for laboring through our mess of a season the day after it ends by announcing that the fee you pay us to drive you to the brink of madness will be just a little bit higher next year.

i don't live close enough to buffalo to go to more than 2-3 games a year, so this doesn't affect me, but it really shows a lack of awareness on management's part.

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

It's such a non-story that I don't even think it matters whether they announce it on fan appreciation day, easter, father's day or whatever.

Tickets went up a dollar on fan appreciation, and I think 99% of fans were not offended by either the news or its timing.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

In other news... Milk giant Byrne Dairy announced another round of price increases. Critics lambasted the Milk Conglomerate on it's timing of the announcement.

Joe Blow from Lackawanna stated he had just run out of milk when the news came out. "I just felt it was a bit insensitive to be hearing the news the moment I ran out of milk".

In Tonawanda .. Max Payne was irate "Last time I purchased milk it spoiled before the sell by date.. I think they rush their heffers to the milkhouse before they're ready.. I'm not buying this anymore .. I'm switching to Almond Milk."

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:43 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres View Post
we'd like to thank our fans for laboring through our mess of a season the day after it ends by announcing that the fee you pay us to drive you to the brink of madness will be just a little bit higher next year.

i don't live close enough to buffalo to go to more than 2-3 games a year, so this doesn't affect me, but it really shows a lack of awareness on management's part.
Yes, because it means anything more or less if they waited until Monday. Right.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:27 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

It would be nice if they gave STHs a break on concessions. I've seen that at other stadiums.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:47 AM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
Yes, because it means anything more or less if they waited until Monday. Right.
the emotional response of the fans paying for season tickets is likely to be greater when the sting of the crappy season ending is still fresh. announce it a month later when fans aren't thinking as much about hockey. that doesn't make sense to you?

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
the emotional response of the fans paying for season tickets is likely to be greater when the sting of the crappy season ending is still fresh. announce it a month later when fans aren't thinking as much about hockey. that doesn't make sense to you?
(A) No, because you have to start getting orders filled now, (B) This "emotional sting" garbage is just silly. The losing season hurts, not the same $1 price increase that we see like clockwork every damn year and that leaves us still firmly in the bottom 5 priced teams in the league. Nobody actually gives a flaming ****. There's seriously nobody out there going "another $1 increase?! On fan appreciation day?! Heaven forfend!"

It's just dramatic people looking for drama. On the internet. As usual.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Well, considering they didn't announce anything to begin with.....

They sent a letter to season ticket holders. They did not send out a press release, have a press conference, or otherwise involve the media.

They provided the information directly to the people who pay thousands of dollars every year to the team. Those people have a right to know if they are being charged more next year, and the sooner, the better.

If those people want to make an emotional decision, then they can make that choice for themselves.