HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ at Sharks Ice San Jose Today

Old
04-20-2013, 07:13 PM
stator

vCash: 475
CBJ at Sharks Ice San Jose Today

Around 1PM and they were walking out while my daughter and I were walking in for the public skate. I just said hello to them, rather than stating they are going down tomorrow. No need to act like a fan goon.

I have to say this... I was very surprised on how small those guys are. I was bigger than all but one. I thought NHL guys need to be big and quick due to all of the hitting going on.

stator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Well, I remember going to see a Sharks practice years ago and walked past Mike Grier who was signing autographs ... I was taller than him and he wad on skates. He's listed as6'1 but I think he may stretching that ... my guess is many do the same.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

vCash: 500
My question is at what height do they stop lying? If a guy (Nathen Gerbe for instance) is listed at 5'5", what is he really? 5'2"? One would think that a 6'4" guy wouldn't need to lie and say he's 6'6".

That being said, there are many short guys on the CBJ: Atkinson, Calvert, Dubinsky, Letestu, etc.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Some players/teams add 3" (height of skates) and twenty pounds. ;-)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
stator

I have to now believe that team's rosters are suspect. Those guys were small.

I also realized why they were practicing at the Sharks Ice. There was a concert at the Pavillion yesterday. Found out when the Sharks Ice did not have the teal jersey in my daughters size, and we rushed over to the Pavillion before closing. It was already closed at 4PM.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stator View Post
Around 1PM and they were walking out while my daughter and I were walking in for the public skate. I just said hello to them, rather than stating they are going down tomorrow. No need to act like a fan goon.

I have to say this... I was very surprised on how small those guys are. I was bigger than all but one. I thought NHL guys need to be big and quick due to all of the hitting going on.
Its not the nineties anymore. Hockey is no longer one long WWE wrestling match full of hooks and holds. Quickness has overtaken size in importance. However, there are still plenty of big hockey players and they are bigger then they were in say the eighties which has contributed to the concussion problem.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:38 PM
stator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Its not the nineties anymore. Hockey is no longer one long WWE wrestling match full of hooks and holds. Quickness has overtaken size in importance. However, there are still plenty of big hockey players and they are bigger then they were in say the eighties which has contributed to the concussion problem.
Tell that to the NFL... those guys are bigger and quicker. If the NHL payed more than the NFL, we'd see some of those. Those CBJ guys are nowhere near close to the height listed on the team roster. They must measure height with the skates on.