King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:50 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Antropov wasn't sitting, he is injured. If he was healthy he would have been in. Just because Jokinen is injured it does not effect when Antropov will be back.
Ah forgot. I just remember that Noel mentioned he might be back as soon as the game on Thursday which was the Carolina game (he technically said he might be back in this week which is now last week). Is Jokinen day to day, as well? I know for sure Antropov is day to day and is very close to coming back maybe sooner than later now that Jokinen is out. Who else would be put in besides Antropov if Jokinen is still injured? Oh wait... there is Mittens....

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Oh brother, the 'Noel doesn't like young players' thing again. Get over your fascination with young men already! Do you really think if Antropov was healthy, O'Dell should take his spot? Over a 40pt'ish NHL veteran, in 3 must-win games? You want to see O'Dell right now, download a picture and put it up as your wallpaper.
I really hope this wasn't aimed at me. No chance in hell I'd put O'Dell over Antropov, Antropov is by a mile the most underrated Jet hopefully we get him back for the last 3 games.

However over Gagnon...yeah everyday, he is more talented NOW, a better player NOW than Gagnon, nevermind he is young with upside and no of knowing how close he is to reaching it until he is brought up. But no, those years of being a average AHL player means Gagnon plays, since all good teams use journeymen over their young guys

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Gil Fisher

So Bogo's not on the trip and Redmond's been recalled.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Jokinen out 6-8 high ankle sprain per Shane Hnidy
For a player who has already lost a step, this injury isn't great news for next year. It can take upwards of a year to fully strengthen an ankle after a sever sprain, he may come back even slower next year.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
So Bogo's not on the trip and Redmond's been recalled.
Is this something that's been reported somewhere?

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:21 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
He would have just slowed everyone down Actually that wouldn't have been bad to slow down the pace of the game looking back at it.

I assume Antro comes back in now that Jokinen is injured. Now would wellwood swap with burmi making it back to the old kane-antro-burmi line or will it just be kane-antro-welly? Hmmmmmm... I think the latter will be the case. Hopefully this helps Kane going again.
I would probably go with:
Kane-Antro-Welly
Tanger-Burmi-Santorelli

Antropov and Welly work well together with each other and Kane. They aren't as dangerous off the rush, but Antro is better than Joker along the boards.

Burmi can stay on the 3rd line and lift it.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Is this something that's been reported somewhere?
Yes. And Noel said so in his preesser. Redmond will join after today's Marlies game. Antro and Slater both on the trip.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Everyone knows that Antropov is not perfect but he was on the best run of his season the games before his injury. If he's healthy then for sure he's in but we'll see.

Wherever he goes it should be with Wellwood as they can pass to each other with out even looking and could get Kane the puck.
You could also let Burmi and Santa play with Kane and Wellwood and Antropov could take Tangardi.

Saying to take Wellwood out right now is a pretty weak statement.
He's been on a roll and was a millisecond away from the first Jet's 2.0 hat trick!!!

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
Tell you the truth I kinda forgot Antro was on the team till this thread. lol
So did the latest copy of THN, they did not list him in our forwards list, which shows injured players btw.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
drumzan
#NHLJets

I do not wish injuries on anybody, but having Jokinen out of lineup is good news. Especially if Antro takes his place.

Can you believe Brian Engblom called Olli Jokinen a good shut down guy on Saturday? Who hires these guys on TV?

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:09 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Jokinen out 6-8 high ankle sprain per Shane Hnidy
6-8 years? We only hope.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
6-8 years? We only hope.
Naw... we only need it until his contract expires... than he can be fixed and play for someone else... in our division

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
I do not wish injuries on anybody, but having Jokinen out of lineup is good news. Especially if Antro takes his place.

Can you believe Brian Engblom called Olli Jokinen a good shut down guy on Saturday? Who hires these guys on TV?
You mean you don't you want a shutdown guy that causes more goals and shots against than the teams average?!?

back on topic (sorta)

I actually think Jokinen will have a bounce back season next season... not as good as the seasons in CGY but in a "not bad" enough in no longer being an anchor dragging any line down.
But, there's no doubt that Antropov has brought far more offense than any player not named Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane... (well actually Wellwood may have caught up)

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:15 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post

Same people that hire print media folk.

Sutter told Lawless that he taught OllI how to play "a 200 foot game", so Lawless went on an on an on about how Olli was gonna make the team better defensively.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:17 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

I actually think Jokinen will have a bounce back season next season... not as good as the seasons in CGY but in a "not bad" enough in no longer being an anchor dragging any line down.
But, there's no doubt that Antropov has brought far more offense than any player not named Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane... (well actually Wellwood may have caught up)
Nah, I think he's done, he really didn't strike me as a guy that even want's to be here, he played without heart or emotion after his first 5-6 games in a Jets uniform.

This should be his last year in the NHL and do the right thing and move on to play in Europe.

Joki held Kane back and whoever that could have played in Jokinen's valuable 2nd line centre spot.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Nah, I think he's done, he really didn't strike me as a guy that even want's to be here, he played without heart or emotion after his first 5-6 games in a Jets uniform.

This should be his last year in the NHL and do the right thing and move on to play in Europe.

Joki held Kane back and whoever that could have played in Jokinen's valuable 2nd line centre spot.

I actually got the complete opposite from Joki, i think he's stoked to be hear and I also believe he'll be back next year and bounce back in a big way.

I don't think a a player has ever dropped off as significantly as joker and not immediately regained his form.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:58 PM
JetsFan815

WOW are we now back to the conspiracy theory that Chevy/Noel prefer career AHL'ers over young players who can play in the NHL?

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote