Notices

Bruins lose 4th straight to Penguins

Old
04-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Kaoz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
Horton isn't scoring when Looch is out there.
Krejci really isn't scoring when he is out there.
Our d isn't scoring when he's out there.
Our PP wasn't scoring when he was out there.

The only guys scoring for us are not out there when Looch is, so how is he instrumental to making a lot of goals happen? Are you giving him credit for goals that happen shifts after his?
Really?

Lucic was moved off the KHL line just prior to the game vs Toronto on the 25th. He scored a goal on a line with Kelly I believe in that game, and was moved back to the KHL line for the next eight games before once again being moved off for the last 4 (starting with the game against the Islanders).

Krejci and Horton have both failed to register a single point in the 5 games Lucic has been off their line (games against Toronto, Islanders, Carolina, Buffalo and Pittsburgh) and the Bruins have won just one of those games (vs Toronto in a shootout). Again Lucic had a goal in that Toronto game away from that line.

When Lucic was put back to the KHL line for the eight games between the Toronto and Islanders game (Montreal x2, Philly, Buffalo, Ottawa, Jersey x2, and Carolina) Horton had 5 goals and 1 assist and Krejci had 2 goals and 4 assists.

That looks to me like it's the exact opposite of what you are suggesting.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really?

Lucic was moved off the KHL line just prior to the game vs Toronto on the 25th. He scored a goal on a line with Kelly I believe in that game, and was moved back to the KHL line for the next eight games before once again being moved off for the last 4 (starting with the game against the Islanders).

Krejci and Horton have both failed to register a single point in the 5 games Lucic has been off their line (games against Toronto, Islanders, Carolina, Buffalo and Pittsburgh) and the Bruins have won just one of those games (vs Toronto in a shootout). Again Lucic had a goal in that Toronto game away from that line.

When Lucic was put back to the KHL line for the eight games between the Toronto and Islanders game (Montreal x2, Philly, Buffalo, Ottawa, Jersey x2, and Carolina) Horton had 5 goals and 1 assist and Krejci had 2 goals and 4 assists.

THIS is why I read these boards. THIS is the insight I often personally lack, which I am looking for. THIS is a really great post.

08SeaBass08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:53 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Really?

I think Krejci needs Looch more than Horton.

I think Julien is blaming the wrong winger-probably because Horton has scored goals while Looch is still struggling to score.

I think with Horton injured Julien should go with Looch on Krejci's line with Jagr.
Keep Bergeron line merlot line and reunite Kelly and Peverly with the Yeti.

IMO defense is looking better (not great but better) but scoring is a mess.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
Really?

Well. I can cherry pick games too. Fact remains that for every one game they were apart that they didn't score, there were at least 2 that they were together that they didn't score.

Seidenbergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:03 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
But, Letang & Subban are probably both finalists for the Norris this year.

I think we could put up with some of their antics rather easily.
I don't think I could handle both but I think both are very good at moving the puck and have great shots.

I think it is easy to hate good players on other teams especially the ones who stir crap up.

Subban's antics drive me nuts but his antics are good at getting the opposition off their game. He is a pest who has a lot of talent.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:07 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Well. I can cherry pick games too. Fact remains that for every one game they were apart that they didn't score, there were at least 2 that they were together that they didn't score.
I think together is the key word here.

I think Looch has been moved all over and out of the line up and Horton has been kept with Krejci.

I think Horton is more of the problem than Looch but I think both have been struggling.

Krejci has been a beast in recent games (although not so much yesterday) but hasn't had wingers who could produce with him.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
It isn't cherry picking when your premise is they weren't scoring with him, and you take the time they were together and compare it directly to the time they were apart. It would be cherry picking if I only took a small sample of that time and used it to disprove your point, but that isn't what I did. That's an argument of convenience and nothing more, damn near HF meme worthy.

If your premise is that Krejci and Horton weren't scoring with Lucic, then this neatly disproves it.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
It isn't cherry picking when your premise is they weren't scoring with him, and you take the time they were together and compare it directly to the time they were apart. It would be cherry picking if I only took a small sample of that time and used it to disprove your point, but that isn't what I did.
It's cherry picking when you COMPLETELY ignore the first 2 and a half months of the season and focus only on a dozen games.....which is EXACTLY what you did.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:23 AM
pgm16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
My grandparents from Harbour Grace would be proud.

I have enough stress in my life. Hockey is my outlet and what I enjoy. I am not always positive and I am as disappointed as the rest when the B's don't play well but it is only a game after all. After this week we all should see that.

Posters can do what they want but I hate when fans boo the B's or crap all over a player who is having a difficult time. Maybe if I thought they were not really trying or didn't care but I don't believe that is what it is with this team we have now.

Just ask Everett Mike about me. He thinks I am a Mama Grizz. ..protecting my cubs from the hunters. GahdenRinkRat and I do feel like the Den Mothers.

BTW...I am not the only positive poster...there are others...
True enough, there are others who are positive.....but yours do stand out....just sayin.....

I remember how much you enjoyed listening to Michael Ryder speak, one of the younger girls in my class knows Ryder and his family very well, she is from Bonavista also.

We all love the Bruins and for me the Celtics also, but it is a sport, I am sure stress affects many of us. However, today we are fortunate & blessed to be able to cheer our teams on, some will never get to experience that & other things.

pgm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
It's not just that you have a positive outlook. You also always demonstrate grace, dignity and humanity. I mean, your tag still says "get well Savvy." In short, you rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
True enough, there are others who are positive.....but yours do stand out....just sayin.....

I remember how much you enjoyed listening to Michael Ryder speak, one of the younger girls in my class knows Ryder and his family very well, she is from Bonavista also.

We all love the Bruins and for me the Celtics also, but it is a sport, I am sure stress affects many of us. However, today we are fortunate & blessed to be able to cheer our teams on, some will never get to experience that & other things.
Thanks to you both .

I think my being too positive gets on some poster's nerves. I agree I am a "fan girl / lady" and am a sap for the B's but that is just the way I am.

As far as Savvy goes he was a favorite of mine and people could learn a thing or two about positive energy from that man.

I like listening to Michael Ryder because I hear some of my grandparents in his speach . They have been gone for years . I plan on visiting Newfoundland in the next couple of years.

04-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
It's cherry picking when you COMPLETELY ignore the first 2 and a half months of the season and focus only on a dozen games.....which is EXACTLY what you did.
In the last dozen games krejci has gone pointless in 8. In the previous thirty he went pointless in 10. (Last 13 vs the previous 29 is 9 to 9).
Certainly seems to point to krejci doing better with lucic than he has lately without him.

I think we are harder on lucic than Horton because we know lucic is capable of doing more than he's doing. He really can transform a game- hell, he transforms opponents whole organizational philosophies. With Horton there's still a lingering feeling (at least with me) that this just is who he is and the inspired play was the exception.

Over the volcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Kaoz*

Quote:
My apologies, I thought everyone was well aware Krejci had a good start.

So in 29 games (before the Toronto game) Krejci had 25 points. That brings his total to 31 points in 38 games (I'm including tonight vs Florida) that KHL was together and just one point in the 5 games they played apart.

Horton in 30 games had 16 points, so that brings his total to 22 points in 38 games with the KHL line, and 0 points in the 5 games without (he didn't play tonight against Florida).

Looks like the point is the same... now you said you had some stats you could cherry pick to backup your point about how Lucic has no effect on that line whatsoever.... let's have them, it may make for an interesting conversation.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
My apologies, I thought everyone was well aware Krejci had a good start.

So in 29 games (before the Toronto game) Krejci had 25 points. That brings his total to 31 points in 38 games (I'm including tonight vs Florida) that KHL was together and just one point in the 5 games they played apart.

Horton in 30 games had 16 points, so that brings his total to 22 points in 38 games with the KHL line, and 0 points in the 5 games without (he didn't play tonight against Florida).

Looks like the point is the same... now you said you had some stats you could cherry pick to backup your point about how Lucic has no effect on that line whatsoever.... let's have them, it may make for an interesting conversation.
Not the argument at all. We're straying here. Please go back to the original point I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Looch has been instrumental to making a lot of goals happen and more times than not he gets no points for it.
So: (1) we're talking goals, not points. Get that points crap out of here.
and (2) we're talking goals that Looch was instrumental in, but got no point for.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Not the argument at all. We're straying here. Please go back to the original point I was responding to:

So: (1) we're talking goals, not points. Get that points crap out of here.
and (2) we're talking goals that Looch was instrumental in, but got no point for.
What? Why did you quote TLC's post when I responded to yours, not hers. Yours stated:

Quote:

The only guys scoring for us are not out there when Looch is, so how is he instrumental to making a lot of goals happen? Are you giving him credit for goals that happen shifts after his?
It seems to me we are very much talking about what other people are doing when Lucic is on the ice. You want to talk about goals only instead of his lines production... and you say I'm the one cherry picking?

But to play along, where are you getting your information?

According to behindthenet.ca Lucic has been on the ice for 34 goals for, that's more then every other forward except for Tyler Seguin (who has been on for 40 goals for).

RK NAME GF On GF On/60
1 TYLERSEGUIN 40 3.89
2 MILANLUCIC 34 3.35
3 DAVIDKREJCI 34 3.13
4 BRADMARCHAND 33 3.64
5 PATRICEBERGERON 32 3.61
6 NATHANHORTON 31 3.02
7 JAROMIRJAGR 30 2.89
8 GREGORYCAMPBELL 17 2.17
9 DANIELPAILLE 16 2.18
10 RICHPEVERLEY 10 1.27
11 CHRISKELLY 8 1.34
12 SHAWNTHORNTON 8 1.53
13 JORDANCARON 4 1.55
14 KASPARSDAUGAVINS 4 1.15
15 CHRISTOPHERBOURQUE 2 0.67
16 CARLSODERBERG 1 4.23
17 RYANSPOONER 0 0
18 JAMIETARDIF 0 0
19 JAYPANDOLFO 0 0

When you factor in ice time Lucic is behind the 3 players who make up the Bergeron line (Marchand, Seguin, Bergeron) and Soderberg who has played just two games. If your curious, Lucic was on for more goals for then every other forward other then Seguin last year as well. Again, all this points to your assessment being incorrect in that no one is scoring goals when Lucic is on the ice.

Still waiting on your cherry picked stats that backup your point.

Last edited by Kaoz*: 04-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
You want to talk about goals only instead of his lines production... and you say I'm the one cherry picking?
Ummmm, for the tenth time, it wasn't MY criteria. It was the criteria of the original post by TCL 40 (not me) that started this whole discussion that you jumped in on after the fact. My very first post was in response to his specific post about goals Looch was instrumental in getting but didn't get credit for. Once again: GOALS, not points.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
According to behindthenet.ca Lucic has been on the ice for 34 goals for, that's more then every other forward except for Tyler Seguin (who has been on for 40 goals for).
2nd most goals on a team that can't score goals. Interesting. That's like comparing Flyers goalies and saying one is good because there's only one on the roster with a better GAA.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Ummmm, for the tenth time, it wasn't MY criteria. It was the criteria of the original post by TCL 40 (not me) that started this whole discussion that you jumped in on after the fact. My very first post was in response to his specific post about goals Looch was instrumental in getting but didn't get credit for. Once again: GOALS, not points.
That's awesome how you took the time to delete the data in the post you quoted which spoke about the very specific point you are trying to make. Again, and so you don't miss it:

"Lucic has been on the ice for 34 goals for, that's more then every other forward except for Tyler Seguin"

Seems to me that people are scoring when Lucic is out there, which you claim isn't the case:

Quote:

Hopefully this clears it up for you, and still waiting for your cherry picked stats that prove your point.

EDIT: And just a bonus point for you, one that you've already shown a hesitancy to address, Krejci and Horton seem to produce significantly better when he is on their line according to the information I provided for you earlier.

Last edited by Kaoz*: 04-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old
04-22-2013, 10:23 AM
TCL40

Just a note but I am a she not a he.

And I still think that Looch isn't having a great year I also don't think he is junk. I am far more frustrated with Horton's game than Looch's (although Horton seemed engaged in the Pens game before his injury).

I like Looch better on Krejci's left than any other left wing Julien has tried there (although I do wonder how Soderberg will look there once he adjusts to the NHL).

Old
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Just a note but I am a she not a he.

And I still think that Looch isn't having a great year I also don't think he is junk. I am far more frustrated with Horton's game than Looch's (although Horton seemed engaged in the Pens game before his injury).

I like Looch better on Krejci's left than any other left wing Julien has tried there (although I do wonder how Soderberg will look there once he adjusts to the NHL).
Whoops, adjusted my post... and should probably add:

Old
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
2nd most goals on a team that can't score goals. Interesting. That's like comparing Flyers goalies and saying one is good because there's only one on the roster with a better GAA.

DoubleAAAA is online now   Reply With Quote