Notices

Bruins lose 4th straight to Penguins

Old
04-20-2013, 03:25 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Got to tell you, I like that Deryk Engelland, he'd make a helluva #5 or #6 for us.
Me too. Picked him up in fantasy hoping someone would fight him. Alas...

Yeti didn't look that great other than flashes but no one should expect him to. New league, new teammates, smaller ice, way more hitting. He'll adjust.

Was hoping for a physical response near the end but the score didn't really allow for it. Wished they had tried to send a physical message or something, oh well.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Is it too much to ask for a 60 minute effort? To finish your scoring chances? To the appologists and high horse fans, this team has way too much talent to not be able to do either.

I'm not ready to jump , but there's no excuses, the motivation should be there, the talent should be, now show the results.

As I've said tomorrow they play a panthers team that in 3 and 2/3 games (one in progress), they've given up 21 goals. That could be what they need.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
anyway, what did everyone thing of Söderberg?
I think he is going to be good-has a really nice pass, but he needs some more games under his belt to get some chemistry with new team and learn the system.

Nice size and he doesn't seem afraid of contact.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
bruinsfan46

The Bruins aren't the most talented team around. They just don't have the pure offensive ability some other teams have so they do get in these stretches a lot where they can't score. It's a question of getting things just a little back on track because they aren't that far off. There is some talent and loads of depth, the offense has to return somewhere.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
My definition of a fair weather fan isn't someone that is criticising the team when the team is playing bad
For me a fan is a fan. Yes some fans are much more involved than other fans, no doubt. I am sure the Bruins are thankful that they have such a huge following and loyal base, from every fan big or small.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
worried about our penalty kill. not sure what's changed. the bruins have been pretty crappy all season, i'm surprised they've stayed high up in the standings. we can't score and it's pathetic. thornton brings nothing to the table, would rather daugavins. redden looked solid last game so i wish he played tonight too.
I can think of one thing.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
My definition of a fair weather fan isn't someone that is criticising the team when the team is playing bad
there's a difference between "They need to stay more disciplined. Jagr should have passed it back there. Dumb play by Marchand. Need to finish more often"

and

"One and done! WOW.. FIRE CLODE. This team has NO HEART. THEY LET DOWN THE WHOLE CITY. Embarrasing!"

Big difference.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Team isn't good enough. No excuses, no bull****, not good enough.

They prove me wrong, great, but I'm not holding my breath.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You can't say anything negative here about the Bruins. Especially not after this week! Don't you get it? Shameful.

There is nothing wrong with this team. Everything will be fine! Don't you have any faith? I'm seriously considering labeling you one of those "fair weather" fans wallowing in negativity. You wouldn't want that, would you? Well, then, I suggest you shape up, buddy.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
TheReal13Linseman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
At this point in time I dont like their chances against anyone in the playoffs.

Montreal will win the division.

Toronto/Ottawa may very well pass the bruins.

we will likely play one of ottawa, washington, and toronto. At this point in the season I see Ottawa and Washington being too good for us.

There is no way we should have lost both of these games.

I feel like this team doesn't care about this city or its fans.
What?

If anything, Ottawa would probably be the best match up for the Bruins.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
The Bruins aren't the most talented team around. They just don't have the pure offensive ability some other teams have so they do get in these stretches a lot where they can't score. It's a question of getting things just a little back on track because they aren't that far off. There is some talent and loads of depth, the offense has to return somewhere.
The talent excuse doesn't really fly with me anymore. We are a pretty talented team with a stacked top 6 and some of the best depth in the NHL. Talent is not the issue right now.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
remer

Looks like a short playoffs again this year.

Just something not right with this team.

Jagr has been good. Soderberg looks okay.

Marchand played with a bit of passion.

Thorton needs to do something to rally the team.

Claude needs to establish his lines and get this team going.

Peverely had been a huge disappointment this year. Horton doesn't look the same.

Sequin is not dominating. Chara has been just average. Lucic is off.

Not looking good.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bojakees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Hated Bartkowski from the start, but he has improved immensely. He no longer looks like a scared child on the ice.
He was horrible today. I don't know what you guys saw ???

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:28 PM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You can't say anything negative here about the Bruins. Especially not after this week! Don't you get it? Shameful.

There is nothing wrong with this team. Everything will be fine! Don't you have any faith? I'm seriously considering labeling you one of those "fair weather" fans wallowing in negativity. You wouldn't want that, would you? Well, then, I suggest you shape up, buddy.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

People really don't seem to understand hockey around here... Just how small the edges teams have really are.

Outshot shot them 40-24. It is a game of inches and Pittsburgh got one lucky bounce on their first goal... Iginla's shot squeaked through a tiny 5-hole and Rask should have stopped Letang's shot.

We play another 10 games like that and we win 7 or 8 of them.

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
For me a fan is a fan. Yes some fans are much more involved than other fans, no doubt. I am sure the Bruins are thankful that they have such a huge following and loyal base, from every fan big or small.
well I'm not a fan of fair weather fans... I can take getting trash talked by someone who I know I can talk **** back to when his team is in a bad spot... with fair weather fans, they'll lash out and I hate it because I know I can't hurt them by talking back.

Anyway, I was just thinking that the term gets thrown around too much around here for people that are (rightfully) negative at the moment.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Positives: Bartkowski is a player. He's making one of Ference or Boychuk expendable next year.

Yeti- can see he has physical skills. Needs to realize there is hitting in this league though.
I like positives.

For a time, the bruins appeared to be interested in imposing their will on the penguins.

For a time, we looked like we really wanted to be better..

Soderberg looked good on the PP

Ference and Seidenberg both seems to be very solid.

I felt that the break out was more crisp and showed signs of developing more cohesive transition.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
A lot of chances around the net today, just couldn't bury enough of them....dumb penalties in the third, still don't know what Marchand was thinking and that was the TSN turning point.

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I can think of one thing.
Except the penalty kill was great earlier in the year with Rask. It does look different recently, just not as dominant.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:29 PM
qc
#FireChiarelli

vCash: 69
After a win: "cue the duck-boats"
After a loss: "cue the suck-boats"

But yeah I'm worried. Blind faith and alcohol are currently helping, though.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
What's going on with our PK? Lack of effort? Too passive?
Today Vokoun was good at playing the puck and he would move the puck up quickly which negated some of the bruins typical pressure. Vokoun is a back up but he is still a decent NHL goalie.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BosBruin2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
He played alright for his first game. One game is tough to judge the guy on though.
I agree, a little jumpy at the start but settled down some. Thought he was a little soft getting knocked off the puck but it is his 1st game. NHL is a little more physical than the sweedish league. He should improve and has skills.

Take care,
Eddie

BosBruin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojakees View Post
He was horrible today. I don't know what you guys saw ???
I agree.

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

I don't care how we play, if we can't beat the Sens/Leafs/Islanders/Rangers in the first round then we need to rethink something. I could give a damn about the way we play for the rest of the season, this team is built for the playoffs, and we need to win in the playoffs. Another showup like last year is inexcusable. Give them a couple of games to get back to normal after all the **** that's happened and they'll be good to go.

Yeti looked good today. Was covered well, didn't get many chances. Hopefully Lucic is pissed and ready to go again. Thornton isn't contributing to the offense and he hasn't been physical since his fight with Scott. He's useless right now. I really want Hamilton back, he's gotten some rest, only played like 1 game in 10 days. He helps our PP and offense so much, and we're having difficulty with both. Redden also looked good, some more of him would be nice. I'd like to have something cemented for the last 2 games at least so we can get ready for a postseason run. All is not lost with this team, far from that. If we're going to play like ****, let's get it out of our system now. The second and more important season starts in 10 days. Clean slate from there.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Marley

They Bruins are what they are- a team that is struggling. Hopefully they pull out of it and get it going in the playoffs but not much they can do about their weaknesses at this point in the season.

Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Daniel Plainview

Sobering few weeks to be a Bruins fan. We keep searching for reasons why they keeps losing like this. Time to just accept it. For WHATEVER reason..........they're not good enough to beat Pittsburgh or Montreal. Obviously. And that means, no shot this year.

I still like this group. I still think they can turn it around.....but that's next year. This year is already too clearly defined and too far gone. I'm not going to do the blind faith thing and fool myself into thinking otherwise

They can't score goals. I don't know why. They used to know how to do it. But for some reason, they simply can't do it. Every time the other team scores, it feels the game just ended, because the team gives us NO reason to think they can come back

And whats even worse is when they DO get a lead, they have proven that they can blow it in epic fashion on far too many occasions this season. Can't come back. Can't hold leads. That's about as bad a combination as you can have in pro sports

Daniel Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote