Notices

Bruins lose 4th straight to Penguins

Old
04-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Horton has gotten butchered around here for not being nasty enough this year. Last few games I think he has been playing a little tougher. I don't think he can win right now no matter what he does. Thought it was a bad idea for him to fight; but if he doesn't get hurt and the fight is fairly even; then nobody looks at it as a bad decision.
It's one thing to go in a corner and be physical, or win a battle. It's quite another when you just missed an entire season b/c your eggs got scrambled, and you're dropping the gloves.

It's just stupid. As if we have scoring to spare.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Kelly - Campbell

Actually doesn't really matter as long as Krejci plays with 2 talented wingers and Campbell and Paille are on the 4th line.
I like that lineup. Jagr with Lucic/Soderberg is great. All 3 of them are 6'4 and somewhere near or beyond 200 pounds, really tough to defend two of 'em. Couple of big boys. Put a nice playmaking center in there with Krejci and you're good to go. Yeti was playing in front of the net on the powerplay, looking for tips and rebounds. We need that, I like it. I'd swap Kelly and Peverley, though, and put Campbell as the C on the 4th line. Peverley has sucked all year.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:45 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
anyway, what did everyone thing of Söderberg?
Considering all the crap he had to go through to come to Boston, and all the chaos this week, I thought he played pretty good.
I like his size, hustle and passing game, and he looks good in Lyndon Byers old number.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Are bostonians here offended by the Edwards "assasination, sirhan sirhan, etc" call on Cooke in light of the recent bombings?

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:46 PM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
well I'm not a fan of fair weather fans... I can take getting trash talked by someone who I know I can talk **** back to when his team is in a bad spot... with fair weather fans, they'll lash out and I hate it because I know I can't hurt them by talking back.

Anyway, I was just thinking that the term gets thrown around too much around here for people that are (rightfully) negative at the moment.
I can't and wont put any fan down, specially here. I know that winning means allot to some people, more than it does for others. Some fans don't care about all the x's and o's they just see wins and losses. Are these fans less of a fan because of that, No.

I'd imagine after some of the things that took place in the Boston area, with the loss of life and just the utter chaos that took place, some fans are wishing that they're team would come out and get them and this City a win. And I understand that!

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Welp, the Caps-Habs will be fun to watch.

I liked the effort. Only problem is, effort/play doesn't win hockey games.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
du5566*

Quote:
Are bostonians here offended by the Edwards "assasination, sirhan sirhan, etc" call on Cooke in light of the recent bombings?
I am not offended but it was a really stupid thing to say.

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bostonphoenix

i'm pissed that they failed spectacularly this week....

In the end, I hope they win the following games. But **** if they don't.

The one thing I hope they do do, is find themselves for the playoffs.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
I can't and wont put any fan down, specially here. I know that winning means allot to some people, more than it does for others. Some fans don't care about all the x's and o's they just see wins and losses. Are these fans less of a fan because of that, No.

I'd imagine after some of the things that took place in the Boston area, with the loss of life and just the utter chaos that took place, some fans are wishing that they're team would come out and get them and this City a win. And I understand that!
yeah I don't think if you post about your team on an internet forum you're not a fair weather fan anyway

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder91 View Post
People really don't seem to understand hockey around here... Just how small the edges teams have really are.

Outshot shot them 40-24. It is a game of inches and Pittsburgh got one lucky bounce on their first goal... Iginla's shot squeaked through a tiny 5-hole and Rask should have stopped Letang's shot.

We play another 10 games like that and we win 7 or 8 of them.
You should be careful to criticize other's knowledge of the game and then so quickly refer to SOG as some type of indication that we tested their goalie. We did not make Vokoun work even a little bit. Perimeter shots, no second chances. Story of this team. He didnt make more than 1-2 above average saves....certainly no "great" saves.

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
C77

Quote:
It seemed a bit inappropriate to me.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
The issue is we've lost plenty of games we should have won on effort and lost plenty of games due to lack of effort. If the Bruins could put together 10 straight games like that, I'd take the over 7 win mark, but it was another good effort lost and who knows if they can put together an effort like that again.
Yeah, that is the question. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have been in a pretty comfortable position all season long and it does seem that they have never really had much desperation in their play.

I'm expecting we will see more of what we saw tonight come playoffs.

This team is the deepest it has been in years. So much that we can sit Lucic and still look good top to bottom. That was never the case before.

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Say No to Oshie

They played great in the 1st period, average in the 2nd, and below average in the 3rd in my opinion. I think the 3rd goal by Tuukka was soft (very soft) while the 2nd one e was screened because noone was there to clear out the front of the net.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

Personally, no, not offended. But it was stupid, in poor taste in the best of times and especially boneheaded this week. I know Jack likes to have these little pre-written lines he likes to use in a game, but he should have thought that one out more. Like I said, I'm not offended, but can clearly see why some would find that out of place in a hockey broadcast. I'd rate it equal to the Pens' guy comment about Ace Bailey.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
yeah I don't think if you post about your team on an internet forum you're not a fair weather fan anyway
Very well said!! You nailed it.

Old
Daniel Plainview

Okay, now that Lucic can come back from detention. How about we try to get some sensible lines out there....

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Peverly can sit now. Complain about Lucic and Horton all you want, but what the hell has Peverly done to justify his existence with this team the last two years?

Daniel Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
qc
Custom User Title

vCash: 69
Quote:
No, but I see how people could be. One of those things that shouldn't really be said but he apologized. I just can't be offended when I think about all the things I've said about the man for the last 7ish years

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
You should be careful to criticize other's knowledge of the game and then so quickly refer to SOG as some type of indication that we tested their goalie. We did not make Vokoun work even a little bit. Perimeter shots, no second chances. Story of this team. He didnt make more than 1-2 above average saves....certainly no "great" saves.
The main point I was trying to make was how small the edges really are between teams. And no I really don't think people truly understand that around here.

We dominated them in zone time and the shots on goal are certainly an indication of that in this case. Point is we put lots of shots on goal but didn't have the fortunate bounce of Jokinen or the seeing eye shot of Iginla. Game of inches.

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM
The Real Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder91 View Post
Yeah, that is the question. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have been in a pretty comfortable position all season long and it does seem that they have never really had much desperation in their play.

I'm expecting we will see more of what we saw tonight come playoffs.

This team is the deepest it has been in years. So much that we can sit Lucic and still look good top to bottom. That was never the case before.
what?
lucic sucks thats why he was sat and we do not look good top to bottom thats why we have lost 4 in a row...also the 2011 team was deeper and hungrier

The Real Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Agreed --we gave his Penguins crest a real beating today. Take that, Vokoun!

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
Okay, now that Lucic can come back from detention. How about we try to get some sensible lines out there....

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Peverly can sit now. Complain about Lucic and Horton all you want, but what the hell has Peverly done to justify his existence with this team the last two years?
I like those lines. If Lucic wakes up that could be a great line. All depends on his play though, if he's not going to get pucks and banging he's dead weight on that line.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bone for your jar

Do I love the B's chances in the playoffs? Nope.
Do I feel that effort or motivation was the issue today? Nope.
Do I think fans who do think the above ought to turn in their card? Negative.
Do I take a last sip of my beer, take a deep breath, and log off from a B's board which I've come, despite occasional irritation and infighting, to grow fond of? Yes.

Onto life...and the next game.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BklyNBruiN

I missed most of the game myself today, but from what I gather here, our Bruins out played the Penguins for most of the game. Guess I'll take they're word for it. We just came up short on the score sheet, and tho that is very frustrating, it happens in all sports every day..

Old
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
The real number is 3.4 times a game, which is right about the league average.
I'm talking about lately. Refs should be easing into the playoffs but instead they're calling weaker and weaker penalties.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:54 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
honestly, I didn't go nearly as far as Edwards; but I was explaining the Matt Cooke hate moments before he said it and probably crossed the line myself.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote