Notices

Islanders win 5-4 in shoot out

Old
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Gentlemen and ladies. Talk about the game. This is the players, the happenings on the ice, the coaching, the crowd, etc etc. It DOES NOT include talking about other posters on here.

Thank you.
You changed your avatar. You realise that the Jets are now going to go 0-3, right?

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
BuffsEnough

vCash: 500
3-0 Washington. FOR **** SAKES. I hate the Capitals.

Jets Remaining Games:
@ Buffalo
@ Washington ****
vs Montreal

Rangers remaining Games:
Vs New Jersey
@ Florida
Vs New Jersey

Capitals Remaining Games:
Vs Winnipeg
Vs Ottawa
Vs Boston

ROW wins:
Jets: 21
Rangers: 19
Capitals: 21 (likely 22 after tonight)

Washington will have the tie breaker if we tie them with ROW.

Capitals have the toughest Schedule, but it's all at home. We absolutely have to beat them to catch them. They're just so hot right now

The Rangers basically have a guarenteed win vs Florida, and could go either way on both Jersey Games (cmon Devils...)

The only thing we can really do is try to win out and hope....

BuffsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:29 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Have to commend Tangradi for a truly gritty performance this afternoon. Dude stepped up.

Cap up 4-0.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:30 PM
BuffsEnough

Did not watch the game, but the highlights suggested multiple poor defensive breakdowns hurt us.

How much does not having an extra second on the clock at the end of the 2nd, Clitty hitting the post or Vishnovsky's damn foot being in the way hurt us now?

BuffsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:32 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
You changed your avatar. You realise that the Jets are now going to go 0-3, right?
Hmmmm.....

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:42 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

vCash: 50
I was at the game today and I am very proud of our team. Fought back from a 1 goal deficit, then a 2 goal deficit, then a 1 goal deficit until late in the 3rd. Zero quit.....tons of heart......11 of 12 on this home stand

isles looked great today.....really fast team.

We may not make the playoffs but we heave played lights out in crunch time its just too bad all the teams we are chasing are doing the same thing!!

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:49 PM
folix

Honestly we are not catching the caps. We are going to catch the sens or rangers if we win 2/3.

folix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by folix View Post
Honestly we are not catching the caps. We are going to catch the sens or rangers if we win 2/3.
maybe i've selfishly been pulling for the Jets to take out the Rangers, but i think the Caps were always going to be hard to catch once they took over first place.

the game came down to a shoot out. couldn't have been much closer. both sides have gripes. good luck the rest of the way... (i was a Jets netminder - in a police league - when i was ten. i've always had a soft spot for them and am still pretty happy that they're back in the league. if i had my way, selanne would come back for his last season.)

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:12 PM
AlphaLackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffsEnough View Post
Did not watch the game, but the highlights suggested multiple poor defensive breakdowns hurt us.

How much does not having an extra second on the clock at the end of the 2nd, Clitty hitting the post or Vishnovsky's damn foot being in the way hurt us now?
I missed the game; what would have happened at the 20:01 mark of the second period?

AlphaLackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:15 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLackey View Post
I missed the game; what would have happened at the 20:01 mark of the second period?
Wellwood hatty

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLackey View Post
Hats galore.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Have to commend Tangradi for a truly gritty performance this afternoon. Dude stepped up.

Cap up 4-0.
I agree sip that was a great shift......crowd exploded when he came off the ice!

Edit: just noticed on Coach's corner Don Cherry showed this shift and highlighted Tanger's effort

Last edited by ps241: 04-20-2013 at 08:37 PM.
ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
HannuJ

vCash: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffsEnough View Post
3-0 Washington. FOR **** SAKES. I hate the Capitals.

Jets Remaining Games:
@ Buffalo
@ Washington ****
vs Montreal

Rangers remaining Games:
Vs New Jersey
@ Florida
Vs New Jersey

Capitals Remaining Games:
Vs Winnipeg
Vs Ottawa
Vs Boston

ROW wins:
Jets: 21
Rangers: 19
Capitals: 21 (likely 22 after tonight)

Washington will have the tie breaker if we tie them with ROW.

Capitals have the toughest Schedule, but it's all at home. We absolutely have to beat them to catch them. They're just so hot right now

The Rangers basically have a guarenteed win vs Florida, and could go either way on both Jersey Games (cmon Devils...)

The only thing we can really do is try to win out and hope....
Rangers are hot AND they are playing a Devils team that's crapped the bed over the past 10 games. they will likely go 2-1, if not 3-0.

Captials: Jets play them on the back end of a ROAD back to back. uggg. but the Caps have it tough vs Ottawa and Boston.

Jets need to beat the Caps and win at least 1 more of their other 2 games. if they lose to Wpg, there is a chance that the Caps can finish the season 0-3. slight, but possible.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
AlphaLackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
Rangers are hot AND they are playing a Devils team that's crapped the bed over the past 10 games. they will likely go 2-1, if not 3-0.

Captials: Jets play them on the back end of a ROAD back to back. uggg. but the Caps have it tough vs Ottawa and Boston.

Jets need to beat the Caps and win at least 1 more of their other 2 games. if they lose to Wpg, there is a chance that the Caps can finish the season 0-3. slight, but possible.
Do not underestimate the desire of New Jersey to play spoiler to their rivals. I can see New Jersey winning both.

Keep the faith guys. 11/12 points in a six game home stand. That is great. The Rangers can be had. Heck, the Caps could be had if Montreal would just stop feeding them.

AlphaLackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Gil Fisher

Caps with three at home? What's their home record?

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post

btw- i meant to say this in my other post. i guarantee that the rangers lose to the devils at least once. devs will not want to be eliminated (and humiliated) by the rags tomorrow, so they'll compete for their lives. and if they are eliminated (and humiliated) by the rags tomorrow, you can bet on vengeance. the jets still have a real shot of getting in over the rangers. the talk in nyc regarding the rangers is: where is the passion? they just don't have it.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
bazaaa*

Tough loss. Out played most the game.
Had the puck in their end for half the first, but didn't generate any scoring at all. One chance Islanders get, and they score.
Blown defense by Buff on that goal, pretty much giving them a breakaway.

Blown defense on Bogo on the last(?) goal. Isn't that one of the first things you learn as a dman? Don't leave the net to chase a guy in the corner? Clitsome pinched at the line, so Bogo was only d back, and instead of staying put, chased a guy in the corner. Unfortunately Clitsome coming back was about 4" too late to stop that pass in front.

As bad as we played, we were a post in OT and a post in SO from possibly winning it. Couple inches and we would have won. Not to mention the save by their dman (forget his name).

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:34 PM
thereturn

Sorry to point this out, but Rangers also play @ Carolina on Thursday. We have to win out... and even then...

Crazy what one Shoot Out Loss does to things.

thereturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
PerryPooley

Even though they beat the Caps the other nite, the Senators are not playing great right now. They will lose this one tonite to the Leafs, and will only be ahead of us by 3 points. They have a tough final four games, except maybe home to the Flyers. If they lose out, we can beat Sabres and Habs and get in that way. Reach?

PerryPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryPooley View Post
Even though they beat the Caps the other nite, the Senators are not playing great right now. They will lose this one tonite to the Leafs, and will only be ahead of us by 3 points. They have a tough final four games, except maybe home to the Flyers. If they lose out, we can beat Sabres and Habs and get in that way. Reach?
Yeah, I mentioned in the other thread, of course the one time Washington loses is vs the Senators. Would have helped us if Washington won that game, looking at things now.

Thing is, Ottawa is 15-3-3 at home, and they have 3 of 5 games left at home.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM
PerryPooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Yeah, I mentioned in the other thread, of course the one time Washington loses is vs the Senators. Would have helped us if Washington won that game, looking at things now.

Thing is, Ottawa is 15-3-3 at home, and they have 3 of 5 games left at home.
Actually only 4 left: at home to Pittsburg, at Washington, home to Philly, then at Boston to end it.
Not at all easy.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
PerryPooley

Glen Healy absolutely giddy about the Leafs clinching tonite.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryPooley View Post
Glen Healy absolutely giddy about the Leafs clinching tonite.
Pretty much. Absolute Leafs homer there.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Savagestevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
btw- i meant to say this in my other post. i guarantee that the rangers lose to the devils at least once. devs will not want to be eliminated (and humiliated) by the rags tomorrow, so they'll compete for their lives. and if they are eliminated (and humiliated) by the rags tomorrow, you can bet on vengeance. the jets still have a real shot of getting in over the rangers. the talk in nyc regarding the rangers is: where is the passion? they just don't have it.
This is what I've been saying a lot, not to mention that the Devils have been putting a lot of shots on net, just not having them go in. They got to pot some eventually.

Savagestevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Bert Marshall days

Nice game. Playoff like.

Hope you make it and not Rags

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote