HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Bridesmaid no more

Old
05-02-2013, 01:48 PM
The old geezer

vCash: 500
Bridesmaid no more

After finishing 2nd in league points in three previous seasons the Wings finally clinched a conference title and a President’s Trophy. They also will finish with the second most points in a regular season in league history (Bruins 2005-06 128 pts remains the best) though they have been the beneficiary of the extra point more frequently than they like to admit.

In somewhat fitting fashion they could not clinch in regulation time but required a shootout against the Flames – there were 18 shooters involved to settle it!. This was the 20th time (1 out of every 4 games) this season the Wings found themselves in a game requiring OT or a shootout to settle. The inability to settle a game in regulation time is one of the biggest concerns, next to the Trophy curse, heading into the playoffs for the Wings. Glass half full – the player’s conditioning has improved with all that extra on ice time

The Wings first round opponent is yet to be settled as the three final teams remained tied with 92 points a piece. There is definitely some final regular season drama to be played out yet.

Last edited by The old geezer: 05-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.
The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Red Wings GM View Post
After finishing 2nd in league points in three previous seasons the Wings finally clinched a conference title and a Presidentís Trophy.
Good luck with that.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
Geez so this is what we have to listen to. I liked you better when you were a loser

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
The old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
Geez so this is what we have to listen to. I liked you better when you were a loser
LOL. Yep. I have to enjoy the small accomplishments when I can - this is season 13 for me without being able to accomplish it up until now having played runner up to Nick for many seasons. As you infer yourself I've had many 'loser'/'also ran' seasons so I'll just enjoy this thanks.

I'm sure if I fall the latest victim of the Trophy curse I'll get the gears.

Besides I'm trying desperately to get some other teams talking about the season ... so far the Kings and Ducks have been the only two. Nothing out of the Eastern conference at all, only passing one liners from Nick or Douglas, etc. Heck, even GM's talking about the future direction of the team in the mold of the Oilers post, would be good. Talk about Finances or Prospect lists though and everyone jumps on it. What's wrong with this picture.

Last edited by The old geezer: 05-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.
The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Regal Beagles

You may not be a bridesmaid, but your team is still ugly. That "trophy" I think is made of faulty silicone. I look forward to your eventual loss to us in the playoffs. Keep calm, quack on.

Love

The Ducks

Regal Beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
Mmmm. Silicone

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote