Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/21 | The City of Boston vs. Florida Panthers | 12:30 PM | NESN+

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
takanoyama

vCash: 500
Jagr scored 118th GWG. He tides Esposito in the 1.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:58 PM
CLC*

was our Bruins playing today!!

Old
04-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

The Hamilton curse is now over.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:03 PM
RustyBruins72

great win. First place tie with that other team and they still have a GIH.

I've said it before, I love watching Jagr. He's awesome and creates some great space when there isn't much to begin with.

Thought Lucic played better then he has lately, still not to his past level but better.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC View Post
be afraid Toronto...
Um, not this fan, I`m far more inclined to play a team that will engage this one physically before playing one that has less size but more speed (not that the Leafs aren`t quick but...)

Habs
Islanders (yep, I said Islanders) would have me more concerned than the Leafs, far too much weird junk happens against the Habs

Leafs D is slow as molasses, I am highly suspicious of their inexperience between the pipes, and there are many Leafs who have not played playoff hockey, and those who have, not for a while now. And that dropoff of talent falls hard once the first two lines are out, their 3/4th lines, especially Orr and Maclaren......bring it on, the more ice they see, means the bigger margin we`d be winnin by as no coach would keep rolling those pilons out there.

They are tougher to play against, but that formula of allowing a bazillion shots a game come post season??? Not a good way to win

Old
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
Angelo??

Sods already appears to be getting more comfortable out there, you can see the skill, all about knowing the system and where his linemates are, encouraging

Old
04-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Not the dominating win I was hoping for but I'll take the W. Philly will surely make sure they can't sleepwalk through that game. Hopefully they'll poke the Bear and this team will finish the season in playoff mode.

Tough to judge a game where the opposition is so awful.

Also I put in Khudobin for Rask in the last day of my championship game in fantasy hockey so I'm feeling pretty smart.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Rask looked fantastic today. He got into a rhythm early, despite there being almost no shots in the first 10 minutes or so of the game. I was curious about Claude's decision to play him today given he was coming off a game that he wasn't that strong and the back to back but it looks like throwing him back in the fire coupled with calling him out a bit worked. I know it's just Florida, but great to see some confidence there. I hope he can build on it.

Soderberg looked good to me as well. Give him a little time to adjust and I think he can have a real impact. Dude is a BEAST.

WTF is up with Peverley? He has just been so off. Also, there was zero puck luck today....that was one of the more frustrating games in a while, scoring chance wise. Tons of chances, tons of open nets, and just couldn't connect. It happens, but man was it tough to watch.

The ceremony was amazing. Disappointed that so many people cleared out, although there was still a great crowd there. Some serious man-love between Ference and Thornton and the guys they were paired up with. You could see the sincere gratitude coming from 22 & 21 and it was awesome. They Hoyts were the icing on the cake.

It was kind of a relief to get back to the normal pre-game video. Both tribute videos were moving, appropriate, and extremely well done but for the first time I felt like I was there for a hockey game. I needed that. Do we think the crowd singing the anthem is going to become the new normal? Wednesday and Saturday were so special, I'd hate for it to become overdone.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Rask looked fantastic today. He got into a rhythm early, despite there being almost no shots in the first 10 minutes or so of the game. I was curious about Claude's decision to play him today given he was coming off a game that he wasn't that strong and the back to back but it looks like throwing him back in the fire coupled with calling him out a bit worked. I know it's just Florida, but great to see some confidence there. I hope he can build on it.

Soderberg looked good to me as well. Give him a little time to adjust and I think he can have a real impact. Dude is a BEAST.

WTF is up with Peverley? He has just been so off. Also, there was zero puck luck today....that was one of the more frustrating games in a while, scoring chance wise. Tons of chances, tons of open nets, and just couldn't connect. It happens, but man was it tough to watch.

The ceremony was amazing. Disappointed that so many people cleared out, although there was still a great crowd there. Some serious man-love between Ference and Thornton and the guys they were paired up with. You could see the sincere gratitude coming from 22 & 21 and it was awesome. They Hoyts were the icing on the cake.

It was kind of a relief to get back to the normal pre-game video. Both tribute videos were moving, appropriate, and extremely well done but for the first time I felt like I was there for a hockey game. I needed that. Do we think the crowd singing the anthem is going to become the new normal? Wednesday and Saturday were so special, I'd hate for it to become overdone.
As i said, in another thread, a lot of decisions need to made after the season. Perverly is one name but you can make a case for 4-5 other players. To me, it doesn't make sense to pay Kelly AND Peverly to play on the 3rd line. We can save precious money by trading Perverly.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

Pevs is no different from the majority on this team this year outside of Bergy`s line, inconsistent up and down that roster, even the 4th with Soupy/Paille moving up and down. One thing with Pevs, you`ll never get cheated in the effort department.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
As i said, in another thread, a lot of decisions need to made after the season. Perverly is one name but you can make a case for 4-5 other players. To me, it doesn't make sense to pay Kelly AND Peverly to play on the 3rd line. We can save precious money by trading Perverly.
I`m perfectly content with keeping Pevs, and letting the extra baggage of Horton go myself

Old
04-21-2013, 04:24 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m perfectly content with keeping Pevs, and letting the extra baggage of Horton go myself
I have been saying this for over two years, but I think there is a zero percent chance Horton is back.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Pevs is no different from the majority on this team this year outside of Bergy`s line, inconsistent up and down that roster, even the 4th with Soupy/Paille moving up and down. One thing with Pevs, you`ll never get cheated in the effort department.
I don't know...he's been one big enigma to me this year. Most of the guys that haven't played up to par consistently have at least shown flashes of productivity this year. He's just been flat out bad. He might get a vote from me for the most consistent poor performer this year. It's too bad because I really like what he brought in 11 and last season.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Well, Kelly and Peverly are making 6.2per combine. It's a lot of money for 3rd liners. The departure of Horton will free up money but... Rask will cost a premium and we definitely need an upgrade at wings. Some extensions will kick in so i think you have to really think long and hard before keeping two players who give you about the same. My Choice is to keep Kelly and trade Perverly.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Well, Kelly and Peverly are making 6.2per combine. It's a lot of money for 3rd liners. The departure will free up money but... Rask will cost a premium and we definitely need an upgrade at wings. Some extensions will kick in so i think you have to really think long and hard before keeping two players who give you about the same. My Choice is to keep Kelly and trade Perverly.
This. Especially since Kelly is coming close to his former self.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
With Horton possibly leaving after this year I really hope we resign Jagr, the guy is still a beast. Tied for most game winning goals in history today and needs 10 more goals to pass Lemieux.
Def, he's not the 'sniper we need' but he can play with anyone, as strong on the puck as anyone on the team, and creates as many opportunities as anyone. I also see some of the other players mimicing him a bit, he's definitely having a positive influence on this team...... and he's so much fun to watch.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM
bruinmann77

I am sorry but I rather use Horton money elsewhere .

Old
04-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
double post

Last edited by Ladyfan: 04-21-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
PoweredByRICE
Hates your team

I was in and out doing yardwork and sneaking in for a game break...and everytime I was watching Jagr is just nasty. Sign the dude already. Pants tent.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
canoebears

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
wth?

Old
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Well, Kelly and Peverly are making 6.2per combine. It's a lot of money for 3rd liners. The departure of Horton will free up money but... Rask will cost a premium and we definitely need an upgrade at wings. Some extensions will kick in so i think you have to really think long and hard before keeping two players who give you about the same. My Choice is to keep Kelly and trade Perverly.
Disagree. I was actually thinking about this earlier, if I had to choose between one or the other, I would keep Peverley.

He's a little more expensive than Kelly, but is also 2 years younger and is a little bit more of an offensive threat than Kelly. We already have Spooner who looks like he could take over that third line next year.

I don't know what's going on with Pevs this year, maybe just a down year like Lucic? Maybe he's being restricted by playing wing instead of center. Trade Kelly away to free up some cap, Spooner makes the team next year and could be a replacement on that third line center spot.

Something like, Caron/FA-Spooner-Peverley assuming Sods takes over for Horton next year.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Just in from the game.

A win is nice.

Before the games they let little kids put helmets on and sit on the B's bench for the pre game skate. Many of the players go over to say "hi". Today Z went over and a very little girl asked him something...He removed her helmet and it looked like she gave him a kiss. It was very sweet.

Marchy looking good.

Marchy was pissed off at one of the Panthers. He wanted to go cause trouble but Seggy was laughing at him and teasing him so Marchy held off. It was fun to watch

Ference looking good.

Tuukka looking good.

I know Florida isn't a great team but it was still nice to get the win.

After the game the "shirts-off their backs " was amazing. I hope they showed it on TV.

While they were waiting to give their shirts away Jagr and Z were talking and laughing together. I like Jagr far better than I thought I would.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Disagree. I was actually thinking about this earlier, if I had to choose between one or the other, I would keep Peverley.

He's a little more expensive than Kelly, but is also 2 years younger and is a little bit more of an offensive threat than Kelly. We already have Spooner who looks like he could take over that third line next year.

I don't know what's going on with Pevs this year, maybe just a down year like Lucic? Maybe he's being restricted by playing wing instead of center. Trade Kelly away to free up some cap, Spooner makes the team next year and could be a replacement on that third line center spot.

Something like, Caron-Spooner-Peverley assuming Sods takes over for Horton next year.
Before this season, I would have agreed with you. The Chris Kelly that's playing right now is worth $3 million, and if he continues this level of play into the playoffs, he'll guarantee himself a spot on the team next season. The Rich Peverley that we've seen all season long is worth maybe half his salary, and if he continues his level of play into the playoffs, he could be traded as early as draft day.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
TheBigBadB

I wouldnt mind if they got Clarkson in the off season. UFA and is born to be a bruin.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meunier33 View Post
And yet another glass delay, what is going on lately?
Jagr was laughing by the bench saying " I broke it".

Closed Thread