HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Thrashers this Season?...........

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 05:40 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Thrashers this Season?...........

I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what theThrashers' fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team...............What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Thrashers this Season?...........

Old
09-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Blatny Spears

I have to come up with ten? Sheesh! How about ten of us each come up with one?

1. - The Thrashers grab the eighth playoff seed in the East.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:00 AM
uzziman

Send a message via MSN to uzziman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
I have to come up with ten? Sheesh! How about ten of us each come up with one?

1. - The Thrashers grab the eighth playoff seed in the East.
I personally don't think it's all that unlikely that the Thrash coul end up as the #3 seed by winning the Southeast. If they can play an entire season the way they played last year after hiring Hartley, I think they will win the Southeast

Old
09-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzziman44
I personally don't think it's all that unlikely that the Thrash coul end up as the #3 seed by winning the Southeast. If they can play an entire season the way they played last year after hiring Hartley, I think they will win the Southeast
Tampa Bay should win the division. Now that they have a quality backup they don't have to play Khabibulin quite as much, so in theory he should be a little fresher, a little better than last year. Prospal had a career year and now he's gone, but the addition of Stillman could make them a better team, Stillman is better defensively, and aside from last year he's put up numbers on par or better than Prospal. Washington could too, although the loss of Klee hurts.

Just making the playoffs would be enough.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:17 AM
WellSeats

No way the Thrashers win the division. I just hope they make the playoffs and win a couple of games to avoid the first round sweep. This is about the only prediction I can make about the club at the moment.

Old
09-25-2003, 01:59 PM
The Sneak

I predict both Exelby and Safronov will be sent to Chicago to start the season because they both have options

I predict Bob Hartley will be nominated for the Jack Adams but will not win

I predict Ilya Kovalchuk will lead the team in goals scored

I predict that McEachern will play fewer than 50 games for the Thrashers

I predict that Don Waddell will be active in the waiver draft to address both offense and defense

I predict that I will have several beers at Philips Arena's Headline Grill (will that name change now that we have new owners?)

I predict that the Thrashers will finish no lower than 18th in the league in attendance

I predict that the Thrashers new alternate sweater will kick ass

I predict that a player that is not on the roster currently will lead the team in penalty minutes

I predict that Slava Kozlov becomes disinterested at some point in the season and demands a trade

Old
09-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
I predict that a player that is not on the roster currently will lead the team in penalty minutes
That may turn out to be a very good prediction.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:00 AM
dunwoody_joe

1. Kovalchuk and Heatley will make the All-Star team.
2. One of those two will score 50 goals.
3. Savard will not play a whole season.
4. One of the terrible T's will be traded by Halloween.
5. DW will pick up 1 (maybe 2) from the waiver wire.
6. Pasi will be #1 and Dafoe will play roughly 30 games this year.
7. Pasi's save % will be above .900
8. DW will make an important trade to add a veteran forward at the deadline in February to strengthen the playoff drive.
9. Thrashers make the playoffs!!!
10. Thrashers will be eliminated in the first round by the Senators but the Bulb will be a rockin' ! This city will have caught playoff fever and hockey will be the new hot sport in Atlanta.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:34 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

1. The Thrashers will have two All Stars, but only one of Ilya and Dany will go.

2. Exelby will start to get a Scott Stevens rep(dirty player) as far as knocking people out with hits.

3. Both Lehtonen and Michael Garnett will see time in Atlanta

4. Andy Sutton becomes an important player offensively for the Thrashers

5. Stefan will actually start getting nasty on the ice, he could have a breakout year.

6. The Thrashers will deal a goaltender

7. The old Thrash will be missed

8. If the Thrashers can stay in the playoff hunt past that brutal February there will be "Meaningful Games In March"

9. The new jerseys will be absolutely attrocious

10. Due to the upcoming CBA/lockout, there will be "rumors" of Ilya being on the trading block.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:44 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

hmm 10 is probably stretching it, here are mine

1 Coach has them playing the same system and being accountable for the whole season. They cut down on goals against BIG TIME.

2 Either through waivers or transactions they address their needs with new players that are grinding wingers on the 3rd and 4th lines, that can play coaches system.

3 One of the top 6 goes down hard. My guess is Savard, but Kozolv taking an IR break wouldn't surprise me. Someone else has to step up. My guess is Stefan.

4 Andy Sutton plays a ton of minutes on the blueline and plays maybe 70 or games. Is the teams most consistent blueliner.

5 It becomes very obvious that the Thrash are awaiting the arrival of their goaltender of the future and basically won't go anywhere until Kari makes it to the big game.

Closed Thread