HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA pay

Old
04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
RFA pay

You guys are usually good at guessing the pay what will the RFA's get?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

This was my guess

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...99&postcount=1

04-20-2013, 05:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I see Josi and Hornqvist in the neighborhood of $3.5M, Spaling probably $1.5M. Halischuk, Blum, and Butler around $900k, but that's assuming Butler is tendered.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

That high for Josi and Hornqvist with the cap dropping?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think we're gonna be shocked at Horny's bump in pay. He only has 1 more RFA year left, so we'll be paying him UFA money for the most part. But he's had a strange off year due to the injuries, so it's hard to say.

From what we've seen so far, players aren't taking pay cuts despite the drop in their cut of HRR. I don't expect players' salaries to change all that much. They'll be going up, if anything.

Hornqvist - $4.2M signed long term (hopefully)
Josi - $3.5M short term
Spaling - $2M
The rest - $1M or less

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I just don't see Hornqvist worth a bump in pay, much less that high of a bump.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I just don't see Hornqvist worth a bump in pay, much less that high of a bump.
Then he'll take a 1 year bridge contact to UFA status and get it on the open market from someone else. He's a guy that everyone wants on their team, despite his limited ability.

I did say "we'll be shocked"

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:57 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I would bet hornwuist gets a 3-4 year deal around 3.75 million per.

Josi I would guess will get a couple years, probably a 2.5, 3, 3.5 then UFA

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I bet Josi gets 3.5 or so for 2-3 years. I hope we sign him for 8 years to avoid any more off-season defensemen drama.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think we're gonna be shocked at Horny's bump in pay. He only has 1 more RFA year left, so we'll be paying him UFA money for the most part. But he's had a strange off year due to the injuries, so it's hard to say.

From what we've seen so far, players aren't taking pay cuts despite the drop in their cut of HRR. I don't expect players' salaries to change all that much. They'll be going up, if anything.

Hornqvist - $4.2M signed long term (hopefully)
Josi - $3.5M short term
Spaling - $2M
The rest - $1M or less

These will be pretty close. DP should try to get Josi on a long term contract similar to Kleins if not there could be another Suter situation at UFA time.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would bet hornwuist gets a 3-4 year deal around 3.75 million per.

Josi I would guess will get a couple years, probably a 2.5, 3, 3.5 then UFA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I bet Josi gets 3.5 or so for 2-3 years. I hope we sign him for 8 years to avoid any more off-season defensemen drama.
I just dont see Josi getting 3.5. He played well but I dont see him getting Suter money yet (Suter got 3.5 x 4 coming off his ELC but because of the lockout had played 3 full seasons with Nashville and was obviously a star)

I think Josi gets around 7 or at most 8 total over 3 years

I will be interested to see what Hornqvist does. Market value for a consistent 20 goal scorer should be at least 4 even with the cap dropping... I wonder if he will take less money in exchange for more years or if he takes his QO (which will be just over 3 mil) and then heads to the UFA market

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:14 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Note: if the Preds sign all the RFAs at your prices the Preds will have 3 specific spots left on the roster and only be at the mid point of the cap. 3 spots: 2 forwards (1 might be the pick), 1 back up goalie (I do not expect the Preds to sign ANY of their UFAs)

Old
04-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Webersmashpuck

I see Hornqvist getting between 4-5 million. Some recent RFA's that are in that area are JVR, Oshie, and Dubinsky. I would see Hornqvist in that group of players so he would probably get a comparable contract. I also see him getting quite a few years.

I see Josi getting slightly less but still close to 4. Kyle Quincy got 3.7 as a RFA last year. Victor Hedman also got 4.

Even with the cap dropping the contracts will still be higher, look at Getzlaf, Perry, and recently Howard. So I would guess that most players get 5-10% less if they even take less.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Note: if the Preds sign all the RFAs at your prices the Preds will have 3 specific spots left on the roster and only be at the mid point of the cap. 3 spots: 2 forwards (1 might be the pick), 1 back up goalie (I do not expect the Preds to sign ANY of their UFAs)
I see Mueller and Henderson being resigned to two way deals. Yip is a maybe depending on the plan for the summer if guys will be traded. Mason is gone.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I see Mueller and Henderson being resigned to two way deals. Yip is a maybe depending on the plan for the summer if guys will be traded. Mason is gone.
To me the UFAs are Yip, Mueller, and Mason. I COULD see Yip signed, they SHOULD sign Mueller but I have a feeling he will be paid more elsewhere. Mason, yeah, you have the greatest pads where ever you go, just leave the Preds ones for the yard sale.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I see Hornqvist getting between 4-5 million. Some recent RFA's that are in that area are JVR, Oshie, and Dubinsky. I would see Hornqvist in that group of players so he would probably get a comparable contract. I also see him getting quite a few years.

I see Josi getting slightly less but still close to 4. Kyle Quincy got 3.7 as a RFA last year. Victor Hedman also got 4.

Even with the cap dropping the contracts will still be higher, look at Getzlaf, Perry, and recently Howard. So I would guess that most players get 5-10% less if they even take less.
I like Josi and think he's gonna be a solid 1st or 2nd pair guy but he is not Hedman and Quincy was not coming off his ELC.

With no arbitration rights, I dont think Josi has the leverage to ask for 4 mil a year. I think you guys are projecting your expectations of him into his contract. Poile holds all the cards in this situation.

I think Poile gets him to sign for 2 to 2.5 for 3 years and that will keep him an rfa. The other possibility is Josi signs his QO and then waits for arbitration next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
To me the UFAs are Yip, Mueller, and Mason. I COULD see Yip signed, they SHOULD sign Mueller but I have a feeling he will be paid more elsewhere. Mason, yeah, you have the greatest pads where ever you go, just leave the Preds ones for the yard sale.
I am an admitted Mason homer but I think Poile is going to be forced to sign a veteran backup for next year as Jeremy Smith is clearly not ready and I dont see Poile gambling with Hellburg.

We wont be able to sign any goalies who are looking for a shot at displacing a starter(nor should we be in the market for such), thus its either going to be an aging vet or a younger goalie who has failed elsewhere(think a 2013 version of Dan Ellis).

So it will all depend on who is available and at what price, but dont be surprised if the options are Mason for 1 mil or less or some other aging vet thats not appreciably better than Mason, that Poile sticks with his comfort level and signs Mase for another year. Im not saying thats a great thing but it may very well be what ends up happening

Last edited by PredsV82: 04-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 12:53 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I just dont see Josi getting 3.5. He played well but I dont see him getting Suter money yet (Suter got 3.5 x 4 coming off his ELC but because of the lockout had played 3 full seasons with Nashville and was obviously a star)
Josi is 17th in the league in total TOI among the likes of Dan Girardi and Jay Bouwmeester. His offensive numbers look a lot like Hedman's. $3.5M for 3-4 years sounds like a great deal for that kind of player.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:27 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

When I put my 3 then 3.5 for Josi I thought he was 23, not 22. His deal, if he is smart, will take him to his last year of RFA, which is 3 I think. So his deal should go 2.75, 3.25, 3.75. I think that is a very fair deal, and sets him up for a 5-6 million payday at his next deal if he develops like he could.

Hornquist money will depend on how many UFA years he gives up. I still would bet a 4 x 4 or even a 5 x 4 is in the cards here.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Josi is 17th in the league in total TOI among the likes of Dan Girardi and Jay Bouwmeester. His offensive numbers look a lot like Hedman's. $3.5M for 3-4 years sounds like a great deal for that kind of player.
it would be a great deal if the player had arbitration rights or was a UFA.

Maybe Poile has plenty of money and pays that much.. guess we will see