HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MacArthur/Grabbo played least minutes last night.Bench them for play-off opener?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2013, 11:19 AM
  #26
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I noticed we had less possession that ended with normally a Grabo giveaway when Mcclement was our #3C in the 3rd period last night, bet this is why RC decided to shorten the bench.

Mac also had a terrible giveaway with his one shift with Mcclement and Komarov, after that he joined Grabo on the bench, clearly puck possession that results in giveaways will not be tolerated under RC as when they were with Ron and Gun.

Made the playoffs, so it works for me with this approach.
Edit: won't be tolerated unless you are Bozak

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
  #27
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Edit: won't be tolerated unless you are Bozak
Giveaways?

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
  #28
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Yet nobody notices the less we play Grabo the more we get outplayed and out shot.
If thats your belief fine and dandy bro. Carlyle seems to differ is his thinking and i certainly don't buy that for one minute.

Mac 1 point last 13 games and Grabo has 2 points in the last 12 games. They need to be sent a message that its not acceptable i think.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:25 AM
  #29
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
We may be in the playoffs in this shortened season but are no playoff team by any means. Thank Reimer and Kadri for that without that firepower he brought this team is hardly better then last year.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:27 AM
  #30
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 63,529
vCash: 500
Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski
McClement

I think they have 1 too many centers.

Really, three 2nd. line centers, and then McClement.

If McClement was UFA this summer he'd double his contract, and teams would line up to pay him 3 million to be their 3rd. line center and PK guru.

__________________
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14...cording-forbes

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  #31
Orpheus66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
We may be in the playoffs in this shortened season but are no playoff team by any means. Thank Reimer and Kadri for that without that firepower he brought this team is hardly better then last year.
So what you are saying is other then a improved goalie, better balanced scoring and an improved PK we are basically the same team as last year?

Orpheus66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM
  #32
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
Can we be honest here, who is going to take Grabo @ $5m a year? What is the max we take off the salary, $2m? So is Grabo worth $3m/year for 4yrs?

Jesus Christ Burke, what the hell was he thinking signing Grabo to that contract?

I keep on saying it, I want to see Colborne as 3rd line center. Bench Grabo on Wednesday AND Thursday, put Colborne in and see what happens. We have not seen what Frattin / Colborne can do at the NHL level because they were tearing it up in the AHL. Mac / Colborne / Frattin = a great grinding line.
That just might happen.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM
  #33
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
So what you are saying is other then a improved goalie, better balanced scoring and an improved PK we are basically the same team as last year?


Give this man the $10,000!!!!

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:30 AM
  #34
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
I really hope Grabovski get's rolling. He's seemed disinterested this year, which is something I haven't seen from him in his tenure as a Leaf. I really think his gastro problems are really affecting him, and losing weight isn't a sign of anything good.

He's been great at international tournaments, I really think he is a player that can show up in big games. I've been excited to see him in the playoffs, just never thought he'd have a season like this...

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:35 AM
  #35
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
We may be in the playoffs in this shortened season but are no playoff team by any means. Thank Reimer and Kadri for that without that firepower he brought this team is hardly better then last year.
There is no way that can be debated even slightly but the fact is its a team game. Team players compete and when some look like they stopped competing they sit on the bench for it.

Remember the way Mac/Grabo used to energize this team and ask yourself how close they are to them standards at present.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
  #36
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 63,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I really hope Grabovski get's rolling. He's seemed disinterested this year, which is something I haven't seen from him in his tenure as a Leaf. I really think his gastro problems are really affecting him, and losing weight isn't a sign of anything good.

He's been great at international tournaments, I really think he is a player that can show up in big games. I've been excited to see him in the playoffs, just never thought he'd have a season like this...
Don't forget Carlyle was the Lupul killer in Anaheim.

Sometimes a coach and player just don't work together.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  #37
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,397
vCash: 500
MacArthur is so weak on the puck. He gets knocked off the puck so easily and is becoming more and more frustrating to watch as he receives every pass with only one hand on his stick and the puck bounces away. He's just awful. No chance he's re-signed.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  #38
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski
McClement

I think they have 1 too many centers.

Really, three 2nd. line centers, and then McClement.

If McClement was UFA this summer he'd double his contract, and teams would line up to pay him 3 million to be their 3rd. line center and PK guru.
There is only two or three logical choices here.

Let Bozak walk bump Kadri or Grabo put Mc in his 3c role

Sign Bozak and let Grabo go for pucks, Mc takes 3c

Get rid of Both and get a real 1C. This is my fav option but is screwed because we played Grabo into the ground and Bozie is ufa.

Carlyle has made the playoffs but he sucked every ounce of value we had in Grabo, Mac, Komi, Connolly and greatly reduced Gardiner and Liles in the process for Kostka and Holzer and Orr and Hamilton and McKnuckler. We made the playoffs at the expense of picks and potential trade bait. Asset wise this year cost us big bucks and the results at the surface look great but ya, no it was not the best choices for development and long term success.

Enjoy the round of playoffs you get to see and hope Reims is lights out with this deficient defensively bunch.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  #39
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
I really hope Grabovski get's rolling. He's seemed disinterested this year, which is something I haven't seen from him in his tenure as a Leaf. I really think his gastro problems are really affecting him, and losing weight isn't a sign of anything good.

He's been great at international tournaments, I really think he is a player that can show up in big games. I've been excited to see him in the playoffs, just never thought he'd have a season like this...
No excuses, if your sick back away and heal yourself.That would be very acceptable.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
  #40
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
Can we be honest here, who is going to take Grabo @ $5m a year? What is the max we take off the salary, $2m? So is Grabo worth $3m/year for 4yrs?

Jesus Christ Burke, what the hell was he thinking signing Grabo to that contract?

I keep on saying it, I want to see Colborne as 3rd line center. Bench Grabo on Wednesday AND Thursday, put Colborne in and see what happens. We have not seen what Frattin / Colborne can do at the NHL level because they were tearing it up in the AHL. Mac / Colborne / Frattin = a great grinding line.
That would be my absolute favourite line to play against in the NHL, it's a terrible grinding line. It's a bunch of soft scorers that haven't been able to crack the top 6.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  #41
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
No excuses, if your sick back away and heal yourself.That would be very acceptable.
Gunner phoning in says Hi.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:43 AM
  #42
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
We only have a few games left of the regular season (that we already clinched a ticket to the big show)....bench them both until the final game of the season, then tell them for the last game against Montreal: "This is your audition. If you want to play in the playoffs you show up big tonight."


Who's sitting besides them, though? Hamilton? Do we have any other forwards in the pressbox currently?

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:44 AM
  #43
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
There is only two or three logical choices here.

Let Bozak walk bump Kadri or Grabo put Mc in his 3c role

Sign Bozak and let Grabo go for pucks, Mc takes 3c

Get rid of Both and get a real 1C. This is my fav option but is screwed because we played Grabo into the ground and Bozie is ufa.

Carlyle has made the playoffs but he sucked every ounce of value we had in Grabo, Mac, Komi, Connolly and greatly reduced Gardiner and Liles in the process for Kostka and Holzer and Orr and Hamilton and McKnuckler. We made the playoffs at the expense of picks and potential trade bait. Asset wise this year cost us big bucks and the results at the surface look great but ya, no it was not the best choices for development and long term success.
Carlyle has done no such damage your out of it. I need to call in a interpreter and get a audit on that post right after the public inquirery. Thats unreal man.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:46 AM
  #44
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
There is only two or three logical choices here.

Let Bozak walk bump Kadri or Grabo put Mc in his 3c role

Sign Bozak and let Grabo go for pucks, Mc takes 3c

Get rid of Both and get a real 1C. This is my fav option but is screwed because we played Grabo into the ground and Bozie is ufa.

Carlyle has made the playoffs but he sucked every ounce of value we had in Grabo, Mac, Komi, Connolly and greatly reduced Gardiner and Liles in the process for Kostka and Holzer and Orr and Hamilton and McKnuckler. We made the playoffs at the expense of picks and potential trade bait. Asset wise this year cost us big bucks and the results at the surface look great but ya, no it was not the best choices for development and long term success.

Enjoy the round of playoffs you get to see and hope Reims is lights out with this deficient defensively bunch.
sweet jesus. this is what is wrong with some leaf fans.

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:47 AM
  #45
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
There is only two or three logical choices here.

Let Bozak walk bump Kadri or Grabo put Mc in his 3c role

Sign Bozak and let Grabo go for pucks, Mc takes 3c

Get rid of Both and get a real 1C. This is my fav option but is screwed because we played Grabo into the ground and Bozie is ufa.

Carlyle has made the playoffs but he sucked every ounce of value we had in Grabo, Mac, Komi, Connolly and greatly reduced Gardiner and Liles in the process for Kostka and Holzer and Orr and Hamilton and McKnuckler. We made the playoffs at the expense of picks and potential trade bait. Asset wise this year cost us big bucks and the results at the surface look great but ya, no it was not the best choices for development and long term success.

Enjoy the round of playoffs you get to see and hope Reims is lights out with this deficient defensively bunch.
Only in Toronto can a coach completely overhaul the team's identity, turn us into a playoff team, and STILL get ragged on for ridiculous reasons.

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:49 AM
  #46
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Carlyle has done no such damage your out of it. I need to call in a interpreter and get a audit on that post right after the public inquirery. Thats unreal man.
Komisarek was playing well fact
Grabo was working with JVR fact
Holzer was terrible fact
Liles was good the whole time fact
Kostka cost games fact
Gards can not seem to play well for RC fact
Mac Grabs Kules Frats have all been used like yoyo's fact.
Bozak gets a by no matter how he plays fact

I don't like RC at all prefer Eakins and I was the one who started the fire Wilson thread and hire Carlyle. I am only impressed with few things. The Pk the checking and Kadri plus Reimer surprise outside of that this teams no better then under RW.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:50 AM
  #47
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Komisarek was playing well fact
Grabo was working with JVR fact
Holzer was terrible fact
Liles was good the whole time fact
Kostka cost games fact
Gards can not seem to play well for RC fact
Mac Grabs Kules Frats have all been used like yoyo's fact.
Bozak gets a by no matter how he plays fact



jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
  #48
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Gunner phoning in says Hi.
Carl Gunnarsson
Another Leaf in the underrated category. Playing through a chronic hip injury all season, Gunnarsson nonetheless logged the second most even strength minutes on the team and was sorely missed in the 11 games he was out of the lineup. On a blueline lacking depth, the quiet Swede’s dramatic effect on the Leafs goals against is bigger than anyone outside of James Reimer: 2.30 per 60 minutes of 5-on-5 when he’s been on the ice and 3.28 when he’s not.
(The Canadian Press

Gunnar said to say hi back.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  #49
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Komisarek was playing well fact
Grabo was working with JVR fact
Holzer was terrible fact
Liles was good the whole time fact
Kostka cost games fact
Gards can not seem to play well for RC fact
Mac Grabs Kules Frats have all been used like yoyo's fact.
Bozak gets a by no matter how he plays fact

I don't like RC at all prefer Eakins and I was the one who started the fire Wilson thread and hire Carlyle. I am only impressed with few things. The Pk the checking and Kadri plus Reimer surprise outside of that this teams no better then under RW.
Leafs make the playoffs FACT. All your other points are inconsequential as long as this is true.

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:54 AM
  #50
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,446
vCash: 500
If grabo is going to play 3rd line minutes, he doesn't have a place on this team.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.