HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What was going on with faceoffs last night?

Old
05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
BadMcFadden

vCash: 500
What was going on with faceoffs last night?

It looked like the habs were being tossed from the circle left right and center last night... I see Turris complain to the ref like every game in 90% of his faceoffs, but last night is the first time I saw it actually result in the other guy getting tossed routinely.

Is this a case of our guys doing faceoffs right and everyone else cheating? (This is what I would believe based on the behaviour of Turris).

Did we somehow get the attention of the ref/linesmen to actually enforce the rules properly?

BadMcFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 07:26 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
It really didn't help. Montreal's wingers still won the majority of the draws.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
The Turris constant faceoff whining finally paid off! Too bad it didn't help much..

Mark Effin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:08 AM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Good question, that was ridiculous.

Can anyone explain what the type of infractions are for getting kicked out? I've been watching the game for decades and still cannot explain it properly to anyone that asks. It's the one thing in hockey that seems random to me.

SlapJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
PablitoArg

They were cheating in the faceoff circle... Didn't help much because Turris was terrible at faceoffs yet again.

If you gents noticed, in the 3rd The Stache took Turris off the first line and placed Pageau instead. It paid off with 3 goals. Line combinations started clicking. Our first line actually drove puck possession.

imo, Pageau is already better than Turris. He's a typical playmaker with great vision and smarts. Something Turris lacks. Turris is expandable with Zibanejad & Pageau in the line up next year, hopefully with Spezza back healthy.

Btw Gryba's hit was a game changer, He should lay out another player next game

PablitoArg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:22 AM
CoachesDecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
Good question, that was ridiculous.

Can anyone explain what the type of infractions are for getting kicked out? I've been watching the game for decades and still cannot explain it properly to anyone that asks. It's the one thing in hockey that seems random to me.
It's all about feet positioning (both feet must be in each of the face off "boxes") and I believe the visiting team must place their stock on the ice first, them home team second/at the same time as the puck drop.

CoachesDecision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:41 AM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
It's all about feet positioning (both feet must be in each of the face off "boxes") and I believe the visiting team must place their stock on the ice first, them home team second/at the same time as the puck drop.
That's what I thought, but nobody follows the rules there. It's like they always allow cheating and the guy that does it the least gets to stay. And if that's the case, the linesmen must be like baseball umpires where everyone has a different strike zone.

SlapJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Fusbolito

Pretty much what Aleks said. Most ejections seem to occur because of feet, but what Turris was doing last night was not putting his stick down until the other centre's feet were properly positioned. If you take a look at most of the faceoffs, the centres would approach the dot, and get ready. Turris has to have his stick down first, so, if the Montreal player had their feet in the right position, he did, and if the Montreal player was cheating, he would refuse to do so, drawing attention to the infraction until something was done about it.

I don't hate this strategy at all, too many centres are guilty of cheating to win faceoffs, and it's a very sparsely defined procedure, subject to referees' whims. Not that the strategy helped him any, but it will stand him in good stead when he gets stronger.

If you can't figure out why a centre gets tossed, as well, you can look to the wingers. If one or both of them encroach on the circle itself, or are causing excessive commotion, it can cause an ejection of the centre as well.

Fusbolito is offline   Reply With Quote