Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Bruins shut out Panthers 3-0

Old
04-21-2013, 10:55 PM
bizman

vCash: 500
Sign Jagr now. The guy is dangerous every time he's out there. I don't care how old he is. Let neutered Nate walk and trade Lucic for Eberle. Oh and I almost forgot, bring back Ryder.

bizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Chieftans22*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizman View Post
Sign Jagr now. The guy is dangerous every time he's out there. I don't care how old he is. Let neutered Nate walk and trade Lucic for Eberle. Oh and I almost forgot, bring back Ryder.

Neutered Nate

Old
04-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Lion View Post
Is there any chance we can eliminate the final score/outcome from the title of the PGT?
I'm in south Texas hills between Austin and San Antonio. Sometimes the only way I can experience the game is via the GDT. Two days now, I have had to leave after the 2nd period, and avoid sports media until I can get home and pick up where I left off.

Saturday. top of the threads when I get home, is (paraphrased) "PGT: Bruins lose again to Pitt".
Today, top thread when I get home "PGT: Bruins shut out Panthers".

How about "PGT: Panthers vs Bruins (or whoever)".
This would sure help out some of us out here in the sticks that have to experience the game via GDT. GDT's are punishment enough, no?

Please?
I second the motion.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Even if the Bruins make Jagr an offer, there's no guarantee he'll sign here. He could go anywhere.

Chiarelli isn't trading Lucic.

And rather than Ryder, next year the odds are we'll see someone like Spooner in the lineup; they need to re-sign Rask and save some money elsewhere.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
bizman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Even if the Bruins make Jagr an offer, there's no guarantee he'll sign here. He could go anywhere.

Chiarelli isn't trading Lucic.

And rather than Ryder, next year the odds are we'll see someone like Spooner in the lineup; they need to re-sign Rask and save some money elsewhere.
Spoons is gonna replace Pevs who's been another huge disappointment. Time to shake things up. Too much complacency. If Lucic keeps playing like this Chia will be begging the Oilers to take him off our hands.

bizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Spoons is gonna replace Pevs who's been another huge disappointment. Time to shake things up. Too much complacency. If Lucic keeps playing like this Chia will be begging the Oilers to take him off our hands.
Lucic is in a slump, and acknowledged as much himself. If he was on the market, 29 other GMs would be fighting among themselves to get him. He's not going anywhere.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:25 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Lucic is in a slump, and acknowledged as much himself. If he was on the market, 29 other GMs would be fighting among themselves to get him. He's not going anywhere.
Agreed. Lucic is a rare breed, one that can change a game when he is on in a most unique fashion.
He's going to have his slumps, he should be given the time to work out of them.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:49 PM
vjcsmoke

Quote:
It's funny how all the trade Krejci threads died out once it became apparent that Spooner wasn't ready for the big club. Hell, Seguin is in year three and he still isn't ready to center a line AND he's considered way more talented than Spooner! What makes people think that Spooner will be ready to take over for Peverly?

I get that we need to change some things up, but people are way too optimistic about our younglings being able to make an impact right away. Heck Soderberg wasn't ready to jump over the pond until he turned 27!

vjcsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:23 AM
VanIsle*

Slow PGT, was it because it was an expected win or is everyone at the game and happy.

Running in to hot goalies seems to be the norm in the last week but the team is in 2nd in the East so life is good.

Bring on the Flyers.

VanIsle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Slow PGT, was it because it was an expected win or is everyone at the game and happy.

Running in to hot goalies seems to be the norm in the last week but the team is in 2nd in the East so life is good.

Bring on the Flyers.
Nope half the posts in a pgt are fire clode, or Lucic is a lazy piece of crap, when you can not complain about these things people tend to go away.

I get the notion Lots of posters here do not know how to talk about hockey but, comprehend the game to the degree they see a glaring weakness.

Lots of posters think every team besides the Bruins are perfect because they do not watch the othere teams on a regular basis to see there flaws, they see one flaw and its fire clode time.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
It's funny how all the trade Krejci threads died out once it became apparent that Spooner wasn't ready for the big club. Hell, Seguin is in year three and he still isn't ready to center a line AND he's considered way more talented than Spooner! What makes people think that Spooner will be ready to take over for Peverly?
I get that we need to change some things up, but people are way too optimistic about our younglings being able to make an impact right away. Heck Soderberg wasn't ready to jump over the pond until he turned 27!
The thing is Peverly makes over 3mill and is a a good canidate to make some cap room, moveing him for cap room means replaceing him with an elc, Spooner is the most ready.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:46 AM
VanIsle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Nope half the posts in a pgt are fire clode, or Lucic is a lazy piece of crap, when you can not complain about these things people tend to go away.

I get the notion Lots of posters here do not know how to talk about hockey but, comprehend the game to the degree they see a glaring weakness.

Lots of posters think every team besides the Bruins are perfect because they do not watch the othere teams on a regular basis to see there flaws, they see one flaw and its fire clode time.
All teams slump, look at the Habs at this point in time, sure they are slumping but they have many things that are going right for them.

I truly believe younger fans freak out more than the guys that have stuck with the team for years and years, they find reasons for every loss and for someone to blame.

Sure Julien has some weird line combos, sure Rask lets in some soft goals, sure the 4th line may play more than some other teams, but this team won a cup 2 years ago and they are currently 2nd in the East.

Remember we all could be Leafs fans, they just made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, my Leafs fan buddy is the happiest guy in the world, we could take a lesson from him because the really good times do not last forever.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
All teams slump, look at the Habs at this point in time, sure they are slumping but they have many things that are going right for them.

I truly believe younger fans freak out more than the guys that have stuck with the team for years and years, they find reasons for every loss and for someone to blame.

Sure Julien has some weird line combos, sure Rask lets in some soft goals, sure the 4th line may play more than some other teams, but this team won a cup 2 years ago and they are currently 2nd in the East.

Remember we all could be Leafs fans, they just made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, my Leafs fan buddy is the happiest guy in the world, we could take a lesson from him because the really good times do not last forever.
Well said.

These are the good old days.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:24 AM
VanIsle*

Quote:
Well said.

These are the good old days.
They sure are, look at how fast things can change.

last year

East
13th Leafs
14th Islanders
15th Habs

West
12th Wild
13th Ducks
15th Jackets

Teams last year that played their hearts out and made it into the playoffs while outing other teams that I thought were locks as well as other that did as well.

Flyers, Wings, Predators, are all teams outside looking in.

Good times don't last forever, and as fans we should all be happy the Bruins are doing as well as they are.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:08 AM
DarrenBanks56

nice gift assists to thornton and soderberg yesterday.
are we giving away points now??

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:13 AM
TCL40

Quote:
They sure are, look at how fast things can change.

last year

East
13th Leafs
14th Islanders
15th Habs

West
12th Wild
13th Ducks
15th Jackets

Teams last year that played their hearts out and made it into the playoffs while outing other teams that I thought were locks as well as other that did as well.

Flyers, Wings, Predators, are all teams outside looking in.

Good times don't last forever, and as fans we should all be happy the Bruins are doing as well as they are.
I think in the age of the cap winning is tough. On any given day a "bad" team can beat one of the top teams.

I confess I am glad to see teams like the leafs in the playoffs and I want to see the Blue Jackets make it.

Bruins are struggling right now and this may or may not be their year but they aren't terrible either.

I said it before I think this teams struggles are a mental game problem and not a talent problem. I won't be shocked if they exit in the first round but I equally won't be shocked if they won the Cup. It's been a weird season.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:34 AM
mashmont

Fire Claude already.

Jeesh. Get that bum looch of the ice.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Agreed. Lucic is a rare breed
You got that right. He's a first line winger with 6 goals and a 6 million cap hit. You don't see those very often.

Daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Agreed. Lucic is a rare breed, one that can change a game when he is on in a most unique fashion.
He's going to have his slumps, he should be given the time to work out of them.
If he changes one or two games every three seasons it isnt worth it.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
You got that right. He's a first line winger with 6 goals and a 6 million cap hit. You don't see those very often.
Except, 6 million dollars isn't his cap hit. 4.083 milllion is.

Maybe we can deal him for T.J. Oshie, Scott Hartnell, David Backes, Zack Kassian, Patrick Sharp, Danny Briere, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Kyle Okposo, Ryane Clowe, or Cal Clutterbuck! All guys with 7 goals or less so far this season.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:50 AM
mashmont

Bourque Sucks!!

Peverly Sucks!!

Horton Sucks!!

Lucic Sucks!!

All while

Fire Claude!

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
The thing is Peverly makes over 3mill and is a a good canidate to make some cap room, moveing him for cap room means replaceing him with an elc, Spooner is the most ready.
Peverely needs to go. That trade doesn't look so hot now. Anytime you trade guys who are first rounders for a undrafted player there is some major risk.

Wheeler and Stuart for Peverely.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:29 AM
saskbruin44*

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Peverely needs to go. That trade doesn't look so hot now. Anytime you trade guys who are first rounders for a undrafted player there is some major risk.

Wheeler and Stuart for Peverely.
Yea no kidding

It's a good thing Peverly did NOTHING for our team during the Cup Run

Nothing like b****ing and moaning AFTER an organization wins the cup for the first time since '72.

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:31 AM
BergyMeister
Sunburnt In Tampa

2nd in the east ....4th in the league. What a bunch of losers get rid of them all!! Now I'm not saying there aren't issues with the team as there are with most teams in the salary cap era but c'mon some perspective. Man this place get's negative sometimes.

BergyMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Kate08

If you read between the ********/useless posts, there are actually are people trying to make points and have an engaging discussion about the team and individual player performances.

On the heels of the what happened to the GDT conversation thread, maybe we can just ignore those that post useless crap like this and spend time looking at the posts that actually bring something to the table?

/complainingaboutpeoplecomplaining

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote