HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mon. Apr. 22nd | Pittsburg @ Ottawa | 7:30pm ET|SNET East |Super Sens World Edition ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Flamingo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 1m
In a strange twist, Eugene Melnyk will wear number 99 and skate on the 4th line along side Smith and Neil. May be looking to go after Cooke himself.

He'll waterboard Cooke over the back of his net and squeeze a confession out of him.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
He'll waterboard Cooke over the back of his net and squeeze a confession out of him.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Put me on board with caring more about the win than Matt Cooke "revenge." Sens need to play playoff hockey tonight, hit Cooke and every other player clean and hard any chance you get, and make their Dmen pay a price for getting the puck out of the corner. These are essentially playoff games for us now anyway, gotta bring the intensity and focus.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
dingbatz

Will be a tough game. I hope we can pull it off. Go Sens.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Put me on board with caring more about the win than Matt Cooke "revenge." Sens need to play playoff hockey tonight, hit Cooke and every other player clean and hard any chance you get, and make their Dmen pay a price for getting the puck out of the corner. These are essentially playoff games for us now anyway, gotta bring the intensity and focus.
Agreed. Plus, if we win tonight, the standings shift to our favour, we go to our favorable 6th position and every other team panics.

WPG panics because then they'd have to win every single game to get in, kind of. NYI and NYR will go back to 7th/8th. And we can play the remainder games in a position of strength going forward.

Tonight is as crucial as it gets for a playoff spot AND a solid first round matchup.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Same line-up as Saturday...ughh why?
Nope. Garrioch says Lats is now in. Maclean is being coy though changing it multiple times and using both in practice on the same line.

My guess is both take the warm-up but Lats plays. Two points is worth more than a fight right now.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
RaMai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Nope. Garrioch says Lats is now in. Maclean is being coy though changing it multiple times and using both in practice on the same line.

My guess is both take the warm-up but Lats plays. Two points is worth more than a fight right now.
Screw fighting...lately I like the bone crushing open ice hit's.

Hope Methot, Cowen and Neil deliver a few and it should be a great game

Old
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
HavlatMach9

Why am I scared even when if Ottawa wins 1 out of 4 games and the Jets lose 1 game means were in?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Kezia
Benny

Old
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Orr123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
If we get caught up in Matt Cooke hooliganism then I'll be super pissed off. Remember when Heatley played his first game back in Ottawa? The sharks absolutely trounced us.
I personally think it was accidental. Saying that, I also personally despised Matt Cooke before the Karlsson incident. In any case, this game is massive for us.

-Playoff position
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-Matt Cooke retaliation stupidity
I 100% agree.

Focus on the win. Not retaliation.

Not a Matt Cooke fan, but if the Sens look for retaliation and not the win, we could find ourselves out of a playoff position. Two points are the important thing.

That being said, I really truly think we don't win this game. Emotions will run too high for the team, and I feel like we get taken advantage of. (Please prove me wrong and win Sens, just win)

Old
04-22-2013, 02:25 PM
TMLer
#HireJFJ

I hate Cooke as much as the next guy and I sure hope he gets whats coming to him at some point. I just hope everyone remembers that MacIntyre is in tonight. There are tough guys in the league but Mac's a monster lol. Especially if (and it kind of looks like) that Kassian won't be dressed (they gotta dress him knowing Mac's in right?). If they *do* go after Cooke, someones gonna have to answer that enormously large bell.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I 100% agree.

Focus on the win. Not retaliation.

Not a Matt Cooke fan, but if the Sens look for retaliation and not the win, we could find ourselves out of a playoff position. Two points are the important thing.

That being said, I really truly think we don't win this game. Emotions will run too high for the team, and I feel like we get taken advantage of. (Please prove me wrong and win Sens, just win)
On the other hand, we could have the best of both worlds and beat the **** out of them both on the ice and on the scoreboard like the Islanders did.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLer View Post
If they *do* go after Cooke, someones gonna have to answer that enormously large bell.
Honest question: why?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Old
04-22-2013, 02:39 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
Honest question: why?
Because, Steve MacIntyre is going to lose his marbles.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Orr123

Quote:
On the other hand, we could have the best of both worlds and beat the **** out of them both on the ice and on the scoreboard like the Islanders did.
Focusing on Cooke will allow the Sens to be taken advantage of. It will create an over-emotional game, and its NOT worth it.

Throw that emotion out the door, and just hit hard and clean, and play fast. Try to kick their ass on the score-board. If we go fighting constantly, we will live on the PK, and its not worth it.

If people want retaliation, wait till next year when its not such a high stakes game!

Old
04-22-2013, 02:45 PM
KarlssonMarx
Be Red

What I'm hoping to see tonight:

What I'm expecting to see:

Old
04-22-2013, 02:55 PM
BreakfastatMarios

Pens Fan.

Good Luck and regardless of outcome just saying it's fun to being talking about passion and hockey and all this good stuff this time of year is it not?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

matt cooke deserves nothing but pain. why? because of everything matt cooke has done. no one else is to blame

Old
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Agreed, Matt Cooke can **** right off, we've got a game to win.

It's too late in the season to be letting points slip away. Winning should be the top priority tonight (Not that losing is ever a priority, but whatever.)

Just win the game, please.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:02 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5175

Here's my 2 points

Old
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastatMarios View Post
Pens Fan.

Good Luck and regardless of outcome just saying it's fun to being talking about passion and hockey and all this good stuff this time of year is it not?
It is. The points the Sens are fighting over are very angst-inducing, though.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

A Pens fan asked me why am I so mad at Cooke.

I told him Cooke took out arguably the best player in the game who was on his way to a 2nd Norris trophy and could be contributing to this team's success that would already see us lock up a playoff spot while competing for the Hart and adding an extra year in his development.

Now we face an unconditioned Karlsson with a very slight, nevertheless it's still a chance, that he may never be the force he once was.

It still amazes me when people wonder why we still despise Cooke.

I'm not whining and crying and I don't care whether Cooke plays well or what-not I want Ottawa to win and maybe down the road or tonight Karma does it's thing.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
Focusing on Cooke will allow the Sens to be taken advantage of. It will create an over-emotional game, and its NOT worth it.

Throw that emotion out the door, and just hit hard and clean, and play fast. Try to kick their ass on the score-board. If we go fighting constantly, we will live on the PK, and its not worth it.

If people want retaliation, wait till next year when its not such a high stakes game!
I'm not sure why everyone is so worked up about Cooke and thinking it will distract from the game. Beat up Matt Cooke, then win the game. Seems pretty easy to me. I don't see why that would be a distraction to the rest of the game and cause us to live on the PK all night. These guys are pros, I guarantee you don't see the whole team running around after Cooke all night. Chris Neil will challenge him to a fight, he'll either oblige or turtle. Bottom line we take care of Cooke, then focus on the rest of the game. seems simple.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
A Pens fan asked me why am I so mad at Cooke.

I told him Cooke took out arguably the best player in the game who was on his way to a 2nd Norris trophy and could be contributing to this team's success that would already see us lock up a playoff spot while competing for the Hart and adding an extra year in his development.

Now we face an unconditioned Karlsson with a very slight, nevertheless it's still a chance, that he may never be the force he once was.

It still amazes me when people wonder why we still despise Cooke.

I'm not whining and crying and I don't care whether Cooke plays well or what-not I want Ottawa to win and maybe down the road or tonight Karma does it's thing.
and guess who he's voting for to get the norris instead? letang of course.
The better question is why do penguin fans not hate matt cooke?
he is bad for hockey.

Closed Thread